1. #16261
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    NJ here...
    And I suspect you're responsible for the president today.
    Just own up to it already!
    Nah that was the DNC in 2016. Do you not keep up on what happens in politics?
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    I don't know what you are watching, but it isn't fucking reality.
    Hes talking about me saying Joe Biden has dementia. LOL

  2. #16262
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Fact: They can't even get rid of Trump, the most incompetent and dumbest president in the history of the USA, who openly commits crimes... They can't get rid of him. They have no clue how to get anything done when it isn't filling their own pockets with money or screwing over the common people.
    Fact: Neither can progressives, because they haven't succeeded either.

    Your move, Kasparov.

  3. #16263
    Quote Originally Posted by Jehct View Post
    Nah that was the DNC in 2016. Do you not keep up on what happens in politics?
    Can we dial the concern trolling back to at least a 5?

  4. #16264
    Banned Rochana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    St. Augustine, Florida
    Posts
    4,483
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Fact: Neither can progressives, because they haven't succeeded either.

    Your move, Kasparov.
    Well, if establishment Democrats spent more time actually opposing Trump instead of making bank from super-PACs pretending to be against him and spent less time trying to boycott progressivism within the USA they might actually get done what the people want: getting rid of Trump.

  5. #16265
    Merely a Setback cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    27,341
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Politics isn't a cult. Nobody has to vote for conservative Biden if they don't feel he is someone who will serve them.
    I love that you think someone isn't going to win the General election. When you put that together, please take a look at your statement above. We'll wait.
    No one is above the law!

  6. #16266
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Well, if establishment Democrats spent more time actually opposing Trump
    Other than some regular order business like budgets and passing the updated NAFTA 1.01 USMCA...what haven't they opposed him on?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    instead of making bank from super-PACs pretending to be against him
    Ah, to live in your fictional world.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    and spent less time trying to boycott progressivism within the USA
    Honey, Justice Democrats are getting their butts kicked up and down the field. They're not boycotting anything, they're just largely ignoring an irrelevant group that's trying to crush Democratics political hopes by putting up no-chance progressives in purple districts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    they might actually get done what the people want: getting rid of Trump.
    How you gonna do that with 53 Republicans in the Senate, again? How are you going to get 19 of them to flip? You need 66 to remove him.

    This is political reality, the actual world. Not your fictional nonsense where you think you'll get something accomplished by posting 4chan memer videos.

  7. #16267
    After all the shit talking Sanders supporters did to Warren, I wonder if most of them ended up going for Biden.

    Not that they need them though right? 30% of the vote is enough to win the election and anyone who says otherwise is a mainstream media establishment shill!
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

  8. #16268
    Merely a Setback cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    27,341
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Sigh. The man has major flaws and it is ok to talk about them. You are becoming his Sarah Huckabee Sanders. It is fucking mind boggling how you don't see this behavior your exhibiting as fear based silliness that plays exactly into what I've been saying is the flaw of Dems.
    Sigh. The man is our candidate and making personal attacks on him doesn't help. You are becoming one of those rabid Bernie Bros. It is fucking mind boggling how you don't understand the difference between attacking policies and attacking personal quirks. You're playing right into the Trump/GOP playbook.


    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    1. the hell we aren't.
    2. And?
    3. You keep saying they are different, and offering literally nothing to say how.
    4. In what way?
    5. Again, and?
    6. How? Hillary was part of his cabinet too you know.
    7. Who is that?
    I can't have a serious conversation with you if you actually believe any of the drivel above. Everything I listed was 100% true. I listed seven solid reasons how it's different this time around, and you ignored them. Because of feels.

    Come back with real rebuttals or just admit this is all about you not understanding that your feels do not equate to reality.


    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    See this post:
    Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    lol no, Bernie is not entitled to votes on the merit of not being trump. Fuck off with this bullshit ultimatum.
    This ^ is because you guys refuse to hear these people. You categorically dismiss them and their frustrations. So they make these statements. Woo them, instead of acting exactly like them and shitting on them for being upset.
    You do know that's not me, right? I mean, how fucking through the rabbit hole are you that you think that's my statement or argument. And if you don't understand that it's either Biden or Trump in the General, then you're completely beyond help. If there is an ultimatum, it's that we all want Trump out. That's it. Nothing else matters. Why do you think it does?
    Last edited by cubby; 2020-03-13 at 09:06 PM.
    No one is above the law!

  9. #16269
    Banned Rochana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    St. Augustine, Florida
    Posts
    4,483
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    How you gonna do that with 53 Republicans in the Senate, again? How are you going to get 19 of them to flip? You need 66 to remove him.

    This is political reality, the actual world. Not your fictional nonsense where you think you'll get something accomplished by posting 4chan memer videos.
    Wow, all those thousands of Kings and Emperors that ruled in the thousands of years of history of mankind must be really relieved to hear that they can only ever be removed if there is 'Senate support' to remove them.

    If you want to keep playing by the rules against an enemy who has shown multiple times already that they're above the rules or not following any themselves that is your own stupidity.

    There were countless dictators who got removed through ad-hoc never-before-existing councils, who dared to take charge and control and told the current leader: "No, fuck off. We're in charge now. End of Story."

    With a pandemic looming threatening to ruin your entire economy and country you might want to consider such adult options instead of leaving a manchild in charge. Not taking responsibility or not taking control in a time of need is just as irresponsible and childish as Trump himself. Stop "playing by the rules" like you're still in kindergarten.

  10. #16270
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    And neither is the Democratic Party entitled to votes from people who they don't provide policies for.

    Politics isn't a cult. Nobody has to vote for conservative Biden if they don't feel he is someone who will serve them.

    That is true. People should vote for the people that represent them and what they believe in.
    Don't let anyone tell you how to vote. Listen, agree, disagree, argue, and in the end make your own decisions.
    Politicians are supposed to be representing us

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Wow, all those thousands of Kings and Emperors that ruled in the thousands of years of history of mankind must be really relieved to hear that they can only ever be removed if there is 'Senate support' to remove them.

    If you want to keep playing by the rules against an enemy who has shown multiple times already that they're above the rules or not following any themselves that is your own stupidity.

    There were countless dictators who got removed through ad-hoc never-before-existing councils, who dared to take charge and control and told the current leader: "No, fuck off. We're in charge now. End of Story."

    With a pandemic looming threatening to ruin your entire economy and country you might want to consider such adult options instead of leaving a manchild in charge. Not taking responsibility or not taking control in a time of need is just as irresponsible and childish as Trump himself. Stop "playing by the rules" like you're still in kindergarten.
    That is just crazy talk about coups and revolutions. No one is even remotely interested in that.
    and the geek shall inherit the earth

  11. #16271
    Quote Originally Posted by d00mGuArD View Post
    That is true. People should vote for the people that represent them and what they believe in.
    Don't let anyone tell you how to vote. Listen, agree, disagree, argue, and in the end make your own decisions.
    Politicians are supposed to be representing us

    - - - Updated - - -



    That is just crazy talk about coups and revolutions. No one is even remotely interested in that.
    People can vote for whomever they want, but if someone refuses to vote in the hope that trump wins, they're not a progressive. period. By definition.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

  12. #16272
    Merely a Setback breadisfunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    flying the exodar...into the sun.
    Posts
    25,439
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I love that you think someone isn't going to win the General election. When you put that together, please take a look at your statement above. We'll wait.
    how do you know that they will win it though? do you have some sort of crystal ball that foretells the outcome of the election?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

  13. #16273
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Wow, all those thousands of Kings and Emperors that ruled in the thousands of years of history of mankind must be really relieved to hear that they can only ever be removed if there is 'Senate support' to remove them.
    Completely, 100%, totally irrelevant and unrelated. Great job. Stellar work.

    You still haven't told me how you'd flip 19 Senators.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    If you want to keep playing by the rules against an enemy who has shown multiple times already that they're above the rules or not following any themselves that is your own stupidity.
    So what's your solution? Coup d'etat? How do you propose removing Trump if not by the legal methods currently in-place?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    There were countless dictators who got removed through ad-hoc never-before-existing councils, who dared to take charge and control and told the current leader: "No, fuck off. We're in charge now. End of Story."
    Cool, so lay your plan on me. How are you going to do it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    With a pandemic looming threatening to ruin your entire economy and country you might want to consider such adult options instead of leaving a manchild in charge. Not taking responsibility or not taking control in a time of need is just as irresponsible and childish as Trump himself. Stop "playing by the rules" like you're still in kindergarten.
    Elections sadly have consequences, good or bad.

    You're basically acting like a petulant child.

  14. #16274
    Banned Rochana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    St. Augustine, Florida
    Posts
    4,483
    Quote Originally Posted by d00mGuArD View Post
    That is just crazy talk about coups and revolutions. No one is even remotely interested in that.
    Either Trump is as bad and incompetent as they claim and appropriate action is required, or else they need to shut up.

  15. #16275
    Merely a Setback cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    27,341
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    People can vote for whomever they want, but if someone refuses to vote in the hope that trump wins, they're not a progressive. period. By definition.
    And people need to realize that not voting impacts almost as much as voting. People seem to think that one of the possible outcomes is that no one wins in November. Someone will win, and voting or not voting determines that. Deciding not to vote because the candidate who isn't a narcissistic man-child doesn't completely represent their interests is a dangerous level of ignorance.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    how do you know that they will win it though? do you have some sort of crystal ball that foretells the outcome of the election?
    That's my point. Someone WILL win. People seem to think that's not the case.

    Edit to clarify: I don't know that Biden will win. But someone will. Not voting for Biden as a "progressive" is the same as voting for Trump.
    Last edited by cubby; 2020-03-13 at 09:19 PM.
    No one is above the law!

  16. #16276
    Merely a Setback breadisfunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    flying the exodar...into the sun.
    Posts
    25,439
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Exactly. I find it interesting that people are still pushing that narrative, and then claiming "our ilk will be the reason Trump wins again".

    That should be the ONLY goal this November. Literally everything is secondary.
    well it didn't take long for the "vote for biden or else" narrative in this thread to take hold. /sigh.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

  17. #16277
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Again, I don't agree with it, but a lot of us feel Trump happened because the Dems are doing things wrong.
    Yes, and anyone from the Bernie camp that genuinely decides to vote for Trump is only ensuring that he happens for another 4 years. Going from Sanders to Trump, just because you're angry Sanders failed due to media bias or whatever you want to blame it on, is the most nonsense thing anyone could do.

    Whether you think "Dems are doing things wrong" or not doesn't matter at this point. Voting against them now is just massively shortsighted and dumb AF. Any anger is irrelevant and only serves to blind.

  18. #16278
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    People can vote for whomever they want, but if someone refuses to vote in the hope that trump wins, they're not a progressive. period. By definition.
    I will give you an example. Not because I agree in any way with the bernie bros. I really don't. But to explore their way of thinking.

    In Greece, the KKE (Greek Communist Party - 15 of the 300 seats in the parliament) very often tells their voters to abstain from elections when they don't like either of the choices.
    -That means they are helping someone win (like in the case of biden vs trump)
    -That does not mean they are not communists if a rightwing guy wins. they are, by definition communists since they follow the lead of the people that represent them (the communist party).
    and the geek shall inherit the earth

  19. #16279
    Banned Rochana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    St. Augustine, Florida
    Posts
    4,483
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Elections sadly have consequences, good or bad.

    You're basically acting like a petulant child.
    I would like to caution you that someone who made that same remark to me last time got infracted for it.

    In my opinion it's much more dangerous and childish to leave someone like that in charge of a country. You know he is corrupt, that he committed crimes, that he'd be in jail if he didn't have his position protecting him. It's ridiculous that you're still playing by the rules against an opponent who openly shows they will not play by the rules. People are way too docile and timid in the face of injustice. You guys barely even protest... which in itself can be taken as a sign of faux-outrage or cowardice.

  20. #16280
    Merely a Setback cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    27,341
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    well it didn't take long for the "vote for biden or else" narrative in this thread to take hold. /sigh.
    How is that not a fact? How is that statement not 100% accurate. Come november it's either Biden or Trump. Let us know what you think is different.

    (and the narrative has always been, vote (D) or else Trump wins, regardless of your primary choice - just fyi )
    No one is above the law!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •