Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    And I'm trying to clarify that perception.

As to "it" being around long before this round of attacks piped up, I realize that, and want people to consider that it might all be related to his documented physical disability. People generally don't understand the variety of stutters people can suffer from. I had to read up on Biden's because it's atypical.
    What concerns me is that the more you have to explain something, the more you're losing. I mean, four years ago we were all reading up on Hillary's email scandal so we could explain why it wasn't as bad as people were making it out to be. It didn't help the perception of Clinton, or the email scandal at al. What concerns me is 8 more months of having to explain that "no, he stutters," or relitigating the Hunter Biden/Burisma story will have the same result.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    What concerns me is that the more you have to explain something, the more you're losing. I mean, four years ago we were all reading up on Hillary's email scandal so we could explain why it wasn't as bad as people were making it out to be. It didn't help the perception of Clinton, or the email scandal at al. What concerns me is 8 more months of having to explain that "no, he stutters," or relitigating the Hunter Biden/Burisma story will have the same result.
    I agree that it's concerning. I'm not sure what else there is to do. Ignore it? Not joking there - sort of the idea that if you don't address a problem, it doesn't exist? Or maybe just doesn't get as much attention if ignored. Not sure if I'm making sense here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Tulsi2024 View Post
    Is “it’s just a stutter” gonna become the new “it’s just locker room talk”
    Both Biden and Trump are also rapists and war criminals, so it makes sense that both camps are going to come up with ridiculous excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I agree that it's concerning. I'm not sure what else there is to do. Ignore it? Not joking there - sort of the idea that if you don't address a problem, it doesn't exist? Or maybe just doesn't get as much attention if ignored. Not sure if I'm making sense here.
    Boost the signal of the positive examples of Biden speaking well and looking presidential. Informing people about his disability does undercut the dementia narrative which has popped up so it is worth doing in a decisive manner, but engaging in back and forths with people boosts their narrative which is frankly "stickier." If they say 100 times he has dementia, and you say 100 times he has a stutter, I'm almost certain he comes out looking worse than if they cried dementia 10 times and you just replied once. It's really something you want people to think about as little as possible, so ignoring it is for the best, for the most part.

This thread has been taken over with the "nah fuck you," "nah fuck you" structure of back and forth argument between the die-hard Biden supporters and the handful of Sanders supporters who can't see the writing on the wall. The primary is virtually over, letting them shout into the void does very little harm, and engaging with them is being spendthrift with your credibility IMO.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    Boost the signal of the positive examples of Biden speaking well and looking presidential. Informing people about his disability does undercut the dementia narrative which has popped up so it is worth doing in a decisive manner, but engaging in back and forths with people boosts their narrative which is frankly "stickier." If they say 100 times he has dementia, and you say 100 times he has a stutter, I'm almost certain he comes out looking worse than if they cried dementia 10 times and you just replied once. It's really something you want people to think about as little as possible, so ignoring it is for the best, for the most part.
    I think you make a very good point. Repeatedly denying/clarifying a negative is also repeating the negative. Definitely something to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    This thread has been taken over with the "nah fuck you," "nah fuck you" structure of back and forth argument between the die-hard Biden supporters and the handful of Sanders supporters who can't see the writing on the wall. The primary is virtually over, letting them shout into the void does very little harm, and engaging with them is being spendthrift with your credibility IMO.
    At this point it's just practice more than anything else. Seeing what the opposition is pushing and finding smooth talking-point rebuttals. But yeah, they are getting pretty awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Or when stuff like below needs to be said about the candidate by his most prominent supporters:
    Imagine thinking that I'm a Biden supporter, much less a "prominent" one.

Biden is killing it rn

Good stream

Yeesh. This account of Bidens sexual assault is pretty harrowing & disgusting...

https://mobile.twitter.com/kthalps/s...91746561167360

#metoo #believeher #WhyIDidntReport
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2020-03-26 at 01:04 AM.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Yeesh. This account of Bidens sexual assault is pretty harrowing...

Do you also believe the Trump accusers, which is up over 60 now? Because we know you have been spending a lot of time on this forum supporting Trump, so do they matter too?

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Do you also believe the Trump accusers, which is up over 60 now? Because we know you have been spending a lot of time on this forum supporting Trump, so do they matter too?
    WOW You're trying to use whataboutism to defend Bidens sexual assault?
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    It's the old GOP/Karl ROve strategy of "attack your opponent with your weakness".

The sad thing there, is Bernie media surrogates doing the GOP's dirty work for them. The Dementia Joe meme came from Trump's campaign.

This Red-Brown Alliance is nothing new. We saw it in 2016 with many Bernie supporters lustfully promoting the Pizzagate and Clinton Flu attacks.

These grifters are a much bigger problem for The Left than a dozen establishment Dems.
    Government Affiliated Snark

WOW You're trying to use whataboutism to defend Bidens sexual assault?
    Nope, I don't want Biden. But we have watched you defend Trump over the last few years, and you CLEARLY don't care about his sexual assault.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    It's the old GOP/Karl ROve strategy of "attack your opponent with your weakness".

The sad thing there, is Bernie media surrogates doing the GOP's dirty work for them. The Dementia Joe meme came from Trump's campaign.

This Red-Brown Alliance is nothing new. We saw it in 2016 with many Bernie supporters lustfully promoting the Pizzagate and Clinton Flu attacks.

These grifters are a much bigger problem for The Left than a dozen establishment Dems.
    Sorry, but I am not defending Biden here, fuck him. Would rather have a more competent candidate in Bernie. I am more calling out Rogue's hypocrisy with ignoring the shit that Trump has done.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    the most valuable opinions within a society are those who can be expressed in simple ideas and sound bites
    It is truly insane that you genuinely believe this to be true. Such opinions may be the most easily spread, but that is in no way a reflection of their value. The opinion that 9/11 was a false flag attack by our own government can be expressed in simple ideas and sound bites, but it's also absolute nonsense with no value.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeesh. This account of Bidens sexual assault is pretty harrowing & disgusting...

Lmao... Ending your "Joe Biden sexually assaulted me!" tweets with #BernieSanders2020#NotMeUs

10+ Year Old Account
    Why didn’t Katie & the Intercept disclose that Alexandra, aka Jennifer, was on DrPhil last Nov, claiming she’s Putin’s mistress.

If her family & Dr. Phil feel she’s delusional, shouldn’t we question her claim that JoeBiden acted inappropriately 27yrs ago?

Why are pro-Bernie "journalists" doing Putin's and the GOPs dirty work for them? Does going to the elite schools like Dalton just make them this tone deaf?

The Intercept publishes like 1 nice article a year. The rest is just weird propaganda.

Oh that one article might involve outing their sources to the CIA.

I'm going to take a wait and see approach to this. This woman is deffo giving some red flags from what little content I have seen coming from her

Her story could be true and those are some serious claims so lets just see how it plays out

10+ Year Old Account
    Watching BErnie's supporters go full Fox News not so surprising.

Watching them go full Qanon .... jesus.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    I'm going to take a wait and see approach to this. This woman is deffo giving some red flags from what little content I have seen coming from her

Her story could be true and those are some serious claims so lets just see how it plays out
    Interesting suspicion of a rape accusation.

Now we must have skepticism and caution.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Interesting suspicion of a rape accusation.

Now we must have skepticism and caution.
    Suspition of a rape accusation??

Im not dismissing her accusation and I think there should be a process. I just dont think accusations means guilty thats all.

And I just know that by saying this people will play gotcha or some nonsense like that because they only care about this case to the extent they can attack Biden and play gotcha on progressives

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Suspition of a rape accusation??

Im not dismissing her accusation and I think there should be a process. I just dont think accusations means guilty thats all.

And I just know that by saying this people will play gotcha or some nonsense like that because they only care about this case to the extent they can attack Biden and play gotcha on progressives
    First, Biden? Biden is a Progressive? Segregation backing, Senator of MBNA credit card lobby slave, person was literally described as a "Neo-Liberal" in the 1980's, Social Security and Medicare cutting, Universal Health Care Veto, DOMA voting, Iraq War champion, anti-Gay Marriage, Biden is a Progressive? Dude, who is your dealer? I clearly am on the wrong stuff.

Second, I somehow highly doubt you'd exercise this level if discretion and skepticism against a partisan enemy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post

[...]
    Yeah, that is actually not the person but I am glad the NeoLibs have their own willingness to believe anything to protect Dementia Joe.

Intersectional Reaganism is wild tonight.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Imagine thinking that I'm a Biden supporter, much less a "prominent" one.
    So you have no intention of voting for Joseph Biden, the "Honorable" Senator from MBNA... I mean Delaware?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.