The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Majority of politics is decided by local and state elections which is ALL POPULAR VOTES.

Hell my own towns election, our mayor won by two votes. Two votes in a town of 10,000 people where 72% vote! The vote came down to 0.0285% and my vote and the vote of a neighbour who I spoke with MATTERED. Without our two votes it would have been a tie... if we votes the other way it would have gone the other way.
    Only I vote in seriously in local elections, I'm not about to start a fight over the matter given it doesn't effect our relationship.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    You should still vote though because that's valuable information that society should have regarding the position(s) of the populace. Even if you vote for some unpopular 3rd party candidate that will never win it is still valuable feedback regardless of the outcome.
    and get accused of voting for trump? no i think ill sit it out.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    The USA or this forum is about the first place where I heard that "not voting" somehow is considered as "not participating in the elections". Maybe the fundamental rules need to be changed, because not voting is also a statement of your discontent with politics. In some democracies if too many people don't vote it has an impact on the election results, might be a cause for them to be invalid.

Or vote down ballot, or protest vote.

Personally I think a lot of progressive democrats are going to be voting Trump in 2020. Biden is unwilling to appeal to them. So Trump is the best bet to keep fucking with the status quo.
    Voting for Trump will still be an act of monumental stupidity of you see yourself as left-wing. Writing in a random person or voting PSL/greens makes a lot more sense.

And speaking of the PSL, is it not time for a female president?

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Not voting is also a statement about the political situation.
    So, is this you admitting you will not vote?

- - - Updated - - -

The USA or this forum is about the first place where I heard that "not voting" somehow is considered as "not participating in the elections". Maybe the fundamental rules need to be changed, because not voting is also a statement of your discontent with politics. In some democracies if too many people don't vote it has an impact on the election results, might be a cause for them to be invalid.

Or vote down ballot, or protest vote.

Personally I think a lot of progressive democrats are going to be voting Trump in 2020. Biden is unwilling to appeal to them. So Trump is the best bet to keep fucking with the status quo.
    Great, then that would make anyone who does that a devoted Trumpster.

At least we're done pretending.

No, not really.

Just people waiting for the Democratic Party to stop being retarded / corrupt. Whichever comes first.
    If you vote for Trump, after all of this shit, there really is no way around it. That makes you a Trumpster. Refer back to my analogy. For the record, there's always more than two candidates, and you can even write in a name.

No, not really.

Just people waiting for the Democratic Party to stop being retarded / corrupt. Whichever comes first.
    So, how are you going to do that, if you keep electing the MORE RETARDED, and MORE CORRUPT party?

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Rochana won't be voting at all.

But for them to say "progressives" will vote for Trump is amusing. Going from Bernie to Trump is going to the direct opposite of what you supposedly supported and certainly shows any progressive doing so were not actually progressive. Or, they're massively foolish and believe doing so "teaches the Democrats a lesson."
    Why, is he not actually an American voter, and is just someone who is trying to stir the waters he's muddying?

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post

- - - Updated - - -

My mother and her BF are polar opposite politcally.. She is a die Hard Democrat and he is a die hard Trump supporter. I don't understand it.
    I say kudos to your mom. She understands that politics should not be so divisive, it divides two people who care for each other. Smart lady.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I say kudos to your mom. She understands that politics should not be so divisive, it divides two people who care for each other. Smart lady.
    If your privileged enough to not have politics affect your life that much, enough to treat it like a sports game, then yeah it will not be that divisive.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Picked a real winner.
    As if the constant shitposting didn't clue us into what type of person Theo was before. This is no surprise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Majority of politics is decided by local and state elections which is ALL POPULAR VOTES.

Hell my own towns election, our mayor won by two votes. Two votes in a town of 10,000 people where 72% vote! The vote came down to 0.0285% and my vote and the vote of a neighbour who I spoke with MATTERED. Without our two votes it would have been a tie... if we votes the other way it would have gone the other way.
    That's the thing. It's fine if a relative few don't. But much like pennies, they add up. There is a reason the GOP wants to suppress the vote. They understand if every eligible voter voted, they would never hold power again on a national scale, and hold very very seats of power in states and locally. So yes, while technically true on the national scale, that ones individual vote doesn't matter, if enough people do not vote it really maters.

All the evidence you need to know is to see how conservatives shit their pants over dems wanting to make registration and voting easier.

Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    Voting for Trump will still be an act of monumental stupidity of you see yourself as left-wing.
    I dont think the accelerationist who posts shoeonhead youtube videos (an mra, gamergater from 4chan who dates a white supremacist, defends infowars, defends milo and is big pals with Lauren southern, who is basically out and out fash) is left wing.

No suprise they want the fash in.

7+ Year Old Account
    I made the point to some of my closet friends that even though our Electoral College is messed up that it still makes sense to vote for Local and State. Especially if there are ballot initiatives.

- - - Updated - - -

Sometimes that's for the better. LOL

My mother and her BF are polar opposite politcally.. She is a die Hard Democrat and he is a die hard Trump supporter. I don't understand it.
    The EC in my view isn't that big of a deal. The United States, is a Union of States not a unitary country so something where one has to win a majority of the perishes/districts/states makes a degree of sense given this is the Federal Governments offices you are running for. So I do fundamentally not see a problem with the Electoral College, its existed since the country began and complaining about it is a bit like saying "If we had played checkers instead of chess I would have won!" Local elections are more important than some people realize and its one of the few places your average person kinda can have a say, its just sad how week local governments are and how ineffectual they are since a lot of peoples big material concerns aren't going to be mitigated on the local level.

And yeah, like politics isn't why I married this person. He isn't around for his political stances. He is attractive, loyal, and does what he is told and has a good job. I'm too domineering to ever put up with a man with seriously strong opinions for too long.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    I dont think the accelerationist who posts shoeonhead youtube videos (an mra, gamergater from 4chan who dates a white supremacist, defends infowars, defends milo and is big pals with Lauren southern, who is basically out and out fash) is left wing.

No suprise they want the fash in.
    I wonder what your stance on Aimee Terese is, or Anna Khachiyan for that matter.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    My husband doesn't vote because per his exact words "Voting is fake and gay".
    Omg hahahahhahaa

I didnt know what to expect bur this one oh my god

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Omg hahahahhahaa

I didnt know what to expect bur this one oh my god
    I see you are needling for some kind of reaction? I mean given you avi and your words, is there something you want as a reaction?

Much better to take that approach than to be so full of hate that you'd disown family over a vote the way some posters here are proud of doing. Imagine walking around that bitter and distrustful of so many people around you!

Nah, I see no reason to be nice to people who support blatant racists and shitty human beings.

And yes, Trump is a racist piece of shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Much better to take that approach than to be so full of hate that you'd disown family over a vote the way some posters here are proud of doing. Imagine walking around that bitter and distrustful of so many people around you!
    I have no problem with walking away from family who support terrible humans to be put in charge. If my mother supported some Duterte, Orban, or Mohammed Bin Salman, I'd feel the same. We judge people by their actions all the time. I have no desire to be around racists, dudes who think sexual assault is a good thing, homophobes, murderers, tweakers, or people who think fascism is a good thing.

- - - Updated - - -

You really enjoy some gas light attacks with a heavy dose of guilt by association don't you? I don't know much about her, but seems like your trying to paint her as a neo-nazi right wing progressive fascist, which makes no damn sense. lol

Do people really struggle that much with hearing different perspectives and opinions that anyone who doesn't align with them must be some kind of extremist?
    If you choose to associate with fascists and Nazis, then that is a deliberate action on your part. Of course you can, and should be judged for your actions.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I maintain that for a large swathe of people, politics has become the new Team Sports; but they are too self-conscious or view themselves as too high brow and intellectual to just riot over a baseball game or want to beat up people for wearing a dodgers cap north of Bakersfield. So political parties become their sports teams and politicians become their celebrities and they defend their celebrities and sports teams and cheer them on, even if the content is vapid and hollow. Given the utter lack of much distinction between the parties and even a Biden and Trump presidency, one would think that the nearly apocalyptic frenzy of people taking this very uber seriously would be muted. Biden himself even said "Nothing would fundamentally change" and what is "Return to Normalcy" if not MAGA for Liberals? But I suppose that is to be expected of the dim and dull, to be dazzled and very very interested in unimportant things and find peoples lack of interest in the insignificant partisanship (Calling it Partisanship is almost giving this too much credit) is pointless.

It is like people whom invest a metric ton of emotional investment in any brand loyalty, because really that is what is mostly on display in this thread, brand loyalty. Some people here are trying to make the strong case that a white shirt with SUPREME written on it is something so very important that its actually a sign of moral deficiency if you don't find this to be important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Watching three shit birds who have literally called for the physical harm of those they disagree with politically chastise those who disregard family members who do the same is face palm worthy.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Such a narrow and maligned way to view the world, especially when all I have to go off is hearsay. Secondly its just as dumb as woke politics cancel culture bullshit.

And that's just a single example. Sorry, you don't get to discredit someone based on your own personal characterize version of someone you've made up in your head. There are too many examples of people being maligned as the worst in the world, but the same people go out of their way to defend those they like but conveniently ignore those individuals connections with Harvey Weinstein or Jeffrey Epstein. It's hypocritical and dumb.

Dismissing someone because they might have defended Milo or Alex Jones is dumb, because if you have principled stances you have should defend them. Say their right to Freedom of Expression. For an instance.
    Joe Rogan is a piece of shit. As is Alex Jones and Milos.

They have the right to be pieces of shit, and no one was stopping them.

People also have the right to not be associated with them.

Everything is working as intended.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Such a narrow and maligned way to view the world, especially when all I have to go off is hearsay. Secondly its just as dumb as woke politics cancel culture bullshit.

And that's just a single example. Sorry, you don't get to discredit someone based on your own personal characterize version of someone you've made up in your head. There are too many examples of people being maligned as the worst in the world, but the same people go out of their way to defend those they like but conveniently ignore those individuals connections with Harvey Weinstein or Jeffrey Epstein. It's hypocritical and dumb.

Dismissing someone because they might have defended Milo or Alex Jones is dumb, because if you have principled stances you have should defend them. Say their right to Freedom of Expression. For an instance.
    Of course you can condemn someone for the people with whom they choose to associate, or for whom they choose to support.

Let's take an example. Say someone says they think Hitler was a great guy, would vote for him for President.

Would you judge that person? I think you would, and I know I would. If so, we have established that you would judge someone based on their views, whom they support, and with whom they choose to associate.

Would you do the same with someone who likes to hang out with convicted child rapists? I would

How about convicted rapists?

How about dudes who think date rate is cool?

At the end of the day, we all do it. The only real question, is how much you judge someone by their actions (and associating with people is an action).

As for freedom of expression, I fully support it. Part of that support, is being free to discredit someone for their actions, as well as how they express themselves. I support their freedom to do what they do, just as I support my freedom to openly despise them for doing it.