Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I don’t think a split would work for republicans. Their states are too poor so they’d hang on for life to that sweet blue money.

Democrats don’t need to compromise they need to stop compromising. Democrats talking about compromising and working with Mitch for instance. The guy who blocked Obama as his goal and made sure to steal a lifetime scotus seat is who you think will compromise?!
    McConnell's refusal to bring the democrat bills up in the senate is a perfect example of his refusal to compromise.

Nothing democrats pass in the House has to be the final version of the bill. McConnell could take up any of them and write a completely different version in the Senate, then they compromise and find something in the middle when they bring the two versions together.

Instead, the Republican answer is "if it's not exactly what we want from moment one, we don't want it."

Republicans don't want compromise. They want capitulation.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    McConnell's refusal to bring the democrat bills up in the senate is a perfect example of his refusal to compromise.

Nothing democrats pass in the House has to be the final version of the bill. McConnell could take up any of them and write a completely different version in the Senate, then they compromise and find something in the middle when they bring the two versions together.

Instead, the Republican answer is "if it's not exactly what we want from moment one, we don't want it."

Republicans don't want compromise. They want capitulation.
    Yet “moderate” democrats feel we are doomed without republicans. Like dude the republicans played your ass and they’re laughing all the way to court appointments.

I don’t think a split would work for republicans. Their states are too poor so they’d hang on for life to that sweet blue money.

Democrats don’t need to compromise they need to stop compromising. Democrats talking about compromising and working with Mitch for instance. The guy who blocked Obama as his goal and made sure to steal a lifetime scotus seat is who you think will compromise?

One side is mental. They want me not allowed to marry no abortions for women want me discriminated against for existing and what is a compromise to that?
    And democrats want me to accept that if i do well for myself i ned to pay for the people who dont or in many cases refuse to help themselves. They want to control what firearms im allowed to have without knowing what an assault rifle even is. They want me to turn my back on my moral beliefs because they say that i am wrong. They completely screwed me with the ACA. Which one sounds authoritarian now.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    Yeah, and just what we consider a compromise is getting more ridiculous.

One side says "I want to feed all the puppies."

The other says "I want to murder all the puppies."

It is not a compromise to say we'll feed all the puppies before we murder them. But that's what Republicans and "moderate" democrats keep insisting we have to do.
    You made me laugh

Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    And democrats want me to accept that if i do well for myself i ned to pay for the people who dont or in many cases refuse to help themselves. They want to control what firearms im allowed to have without knowing what an assault rifle even is. They want me to turn my back on my moral beliefs because they say that i am wrong. They completely screwed me with the ACA. Which one sounds authoritarian now.
    I mean none of that is true, but cool.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    But that is not what happening though all the safeguards that the system had to force bipartisanship are just eroding to adjust to the new reality. As a theory it is a shame but we crossed the Rubicon long ago.
    And yet Bernie supports believe throwing gasoline on the fire will just burn the otherside with no regards for how a hard swing the other way will effect the public sentiment. We need to get back to the middle and Trumps presidency only shows this even more.

And yet Bernie supports believe throwing gasoline on the fire will just burn the otherside with no regards for how a hard swing the other way will effect the public sentiment. We need to get back to the middle and Trumps presidency only shows this even more.
    You get back to the middle by pulling the right towards the middle. The Dems have been center for decades.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Wait you think banning gay people from stores and stripping them of equal rights is less authoritative???

Aca is a conservative plan. Blame your side for not embracing Medicare for all which every country does.

And can you explain why you don’t want to pay taxes when you live and benefit from the country? I pay taxes I really don’t mind them. I’m not poor and wanting for money.

Yet “moderate” democrats feel we are doomed without republicans. Like dude the republicans played your ass and they’re laughing all the way to court appointments.
    whats the plan to get M4A without any kind of bipartisan support?

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    I mean none of that is true, but cool.
    So higher taxes on the wealthy to support government funded programs isnt true? So you can explain what is meant by assault rifle? Your saying democrats dont hate religion if it says you cant do whatever the wind is vlowing like that day? And my insurance didnt double after the ACA was implemented?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by starlord View Post
    The big blue wave where the republicans get crushed thats their plan.

Do you think we will get there by doing nothing instead????

Wait you think banning gay people from stores and stripping them of equal rights is less authoritative???

Aca is a conservative plan. Blame your side for not embracing Medicare for all which every country does.

And can you explain why you don’t want to pay taxes when you live and benefit from the country? I pay taxes I really don’t mind them. I’m not poor and wanting for money.
    There was no plan for how to pay for M4A it would eventually trickle down to where everyone pays more who gets healthcare through their company in the form of higher taxes.

I dont want to pay higher taxes not that i dont want to pay taxes. The only thing i would be willing to pay a bit higher tax right now for is infrastructure and paying teachers more. Democrats want college for all yet we cant even get our public education right.

So higher taxes on the wealthy to support government funded programs isnt true?
    Yes that is true. But that's not what you said originally.

Also, the wealthy use more government services than the poor.

So you can explain what is meant by assault rifle?
    a rapid-fire, magazine-fed automatic rifle designed for infantry use.

Pretty easy.

Your saying democrats dont hate religion if it says you cant do whatever the wind is vlowing like that day?
    No they don't. Dems have more diverse religious affiliations than Repubs.

And my insurance didnt double after the ACA was implemented?
    It probably did. that wasn't;t because off the ACA, that was because the Repubs gutted many of the cost protections that the ACA was supposed to have. Look it up, I'll wait.

Re-taking the Senate.

Ah the great American motto, "If you can't get exactly what you want, never try."

I want to hit you on 2 points you made that dont make sense to me. You just explained any hunting rifle or shotgun on the market. A lot of the modifications you just said make hunting easier and more enjoyable. Ive used high capacity semi automatic rifles when thining invasive extremely destructive feral hog populations and donated the meat to local soup kitchens. Why not go after the real problem in mental health research?

My insurance went up because instead of fixing the broken insurance system they forced through something even the democrats knew was destined to fail because they wanted to keep a promise that only worked for poor people or part of their base. At least Trump was smart enough to remove the penalty for not having insurance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    The fervent opposition to taxes is why US space technology is falling behind and they currently have to do joint projects with Russia to get any new space tech research done.

At some point the deep love for 'free capitalism' will start causing personal harm.
    Lol literally the opposite of everything you just said is what is going on in reality. The US is continually distancing itself from Russia in terms of space cooperation, US space technology is accelerating faster than anywhere else, and its almost all on the backs of private companies competing for lucrative contracts.

How do you propose you get back to the middle? do you think Trump supporters will magically start moderating themselves? it takes two to tango and the dance partner is covered with spikes and weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    The fervent opposition to taxes is why US space technology is falling behind and they currently have to do joint projects with Russia to get any new space tech research done.

At some point the deep love for 'free capitalism' will start causing personal harm.
    At some point?
    Free capitalism and the refusal to accept the consequences of it is the main reason why we have 10 years left before we're fucked with the enviroment
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Do you think we will get there by doing nothing instead????
    as far as i can tell "refuse to compromise with anyone about anything" is the same as doing nothing.