Quote Originally Posted by Mekkle View Post
    just found out i cant vote for the democratic nominee because i registered as a republican when i was 18, because i'm fucking stupid. And so is this law.
    Yeah, I don't see why someone that is registered Republican should choose the nominee of the democratic party XD
    Last edited by NED funded; 2020-02-29 at 01:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    It might go that high, but then again it might not. The real issue is the fatality rate, which seems to be exceedingly low - somewhere between 1-2% of those infected. That's not great, but it's not a pandemic, in the sense of results.
    2% fatality rate even with 40% population is still a couple of million deaths. (roughly)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    It's not a law, it's just how some states run their primary. Typically you have to either be a member of the party, or a member of no party, to participate. The real issue is that you never changed your party registration in the intervening years, and so you're STILL registered as a Republican.
    yea i asked about that and was told in order to change my party i had to do it 20 days prior to this stuff. I'm more of a left leaning independent now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    2% fatality rate even with 40% population is still a couple of million deaths. (roughly)
    About 3.5M

Sorry...I've been doing the math.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    About 3.5M
    Sorry...I've been doing the math.
    Never apologize for corrections...please. Danke.
    o...that's bad though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never apologize for corrections...please. Danke.
    o...that's bad though.
    And that number if of course Stateside only. Multiply it by a lot for the rest of the world.
    Last edited by Sunseeker; 2020-02-29 at 01:14 AM.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    That'd be 2.6 million. Globally it'd be 62.4 million if the mortality rate is 2% and we see a 40% infection rate.
    To be fair, it's all napkin math. Still, that's a lot of people.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Yeah, I don't see why someone that is registered Republican should choose the nominee of the democratic candidate XD
    Because people can't regret their political beliefs from ages ago? But hey, its a good idea to also prevent former GoP members from running for President.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    Because people can't regret their political beliefs from ages ago? But hey, its a good idea to also prevent former GoP members from running for President.
    We're not talking about an abortion or a sex change or not taking that one hot crazy chick up on her invitation to live in South American jungle and study some tribe noone can pronounce the name of.

We're talking about a decision you can change at almost any time. It's reasonable that the party sets limits to prevent people from switching things up willy-nilly to screw with the process.

If he didn't feel moved to change his decision until last week, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he wasn't all that moved by all the things that actually happened that the folks on stage were just talking about. Bernie isn't some new and upcoming sensation. He's been around. This guy's had time to see that, to be moved.

Repenting at the gates of hell doesn't really mean much.

Just, be kind.

Sanders/Warren ticket wins, hands down.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Good point - that would make about 2-3MM deaths, just in the U.S. (assuming 40% rate of contraction, with 2% fatality rate, of 360MM population).

- - - Updated - - -

A pandemic is about the scope of the spread of the disease, not the mortality rate.
    I kinda figured I was going to get nailed on that - good point.

That'd be 2.6 million. Globally it'd be 62.4 million if the mortality rate is 2% and we see a 40% infection rate.
    Where are we getting the infection rate? How can they even determine that number? I'm just asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    You do know the polls haven't been accurate since 2016, or do we forget that Hillary had a massive lead over Trump?
    The polls were 100% accurate in 2016. She won by the 3% that the polling said she had. But since they were national polls, it didn't matter. The state polls, I have no idea, I haven't looked at them to break them down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    The polls were 100% accurate in 2016. She won by the 3% that the polling said she had. But since they were national polls, it didn't matter. The state polls, I have no idea, I haven't looked at them to break them down.
    This right here. What 2016 demonstrated, is that having a lead in the popular vote doesn't really matter if those people in that margin over the other guy are not living in the right places to swing the electoral college.

FPTP is a terrible system for reasons like this, but that's what you have to work with until electoral reforms can happen.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Sanders/Warren ticket wins, hands down.
    At this point, picking Warren is a bad call. She proved too back stabby.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Warren's problem is she's too left wing and too outspoken. Everything else is noise.

A VP needs to come across as the "good wife" (regardless of their sex). Supportive of the President, not too loud, not too aggressive. Very "mild-mannered".

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Lol. You've never watched an election then.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    Warren's problem is she's too left wing and too outspoken. Everything else is noise.

A VP needs to come across as the "good wife" (regardless of their sex). Supportive of the President, not too loud, not too aggressive. Very "mild-mannered".
    Disagree 100%.

She's a little less left wing than Bernie. And this day and age, the people will want more than a do nothing VP, especially on the left.

But honestly, everyone needs to throw out the playbooks of old.
    Last edited by Bodakane; 2020-02-29 at 03:21 AM.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Disagree 100%.

She's a little less left wing than Bernie. And this day and age, the people will want more than a do nothing VP, especially on the left.

But honestly, everyone needs to throw out the playbooks of old.
    My point is that Bernie does need a more moderate VP. Or at least a soft-spoken young leftie. Warren is neither young nor soft spoken nor more moderate. He needs someone who go out and speak in favor of Bernie's plans but not sound like they're undermining or usurping or overruling him.

A VP is a largely do-nothing position aside from speaking in support of what the President wants and winning the tie-breaking vote. So that's all whoever gets the job really needs to do: support Bernie's positions and vote in favor of Bernie's plans when the Senate ties. Bernie needs a "Bernie-to-be in training" who, assuming Bernie's platform gets traction while he's in office, can run on continuing the good work after he's out.

Warren is better served in other positions.

Just, be kind.

Bernie with Yang as VP. how's that sound?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    I generally roll my eyes when someone says 'too far left' but Sanders is already an uphill battle. Yang wouldn't be doing him any favors.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Is Yang the one who hung himself on those "take your guns" comments? Or was that someone else?

Just, be kind.