Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    If you prefer Trump regardless who is in the D column, then you're part of the problem.
    You were warned. Sanders or Trump. You and the other Dems chose Trump. That's on you. Enjoy 4 more years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    I don't know what you are watching, but it isn't fucking reality.
    Hes talking about me saying Joe Biden has dementia. LOL

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Yes, i know about his stutter.

No, when I said he was losing his mind I was not talking about his stutter. I was talking about things like thinking it makes sense to talk about his hairy legs in a swimming pool, et all.
    So you're just helping out Trump - great. Thanks for clarifying that. And yes, I will shout down anyone who does personal attacks - that only helps Trump, and muddies the waters of people we're trying to win over.

Yes, i did explain how it was the same. You ignored it. We are putting forth the same type of candidate, with the same type of policies and experience, that is closer to old school republican than liberal and we are doing it because we think it is the safe pick. That is the strategy we used in 2016, it is the strategy we are using now. Politically there's virtually no difference between Hillary and Biden. She was an unlikable woman and he's male gaffe machine, other than that, virtually the same thing. Regardless if you understand it or not, that is how the independents in the swing states will likely see it. Once again, i challenge you to explain why those people voted for Trump over Hillary and why those reasons are different now that Biden is the nom. You better hope against hope they just hate Trump more than they are angry for the Dems not listening.
    We are not using the same strategy. You think we are because...why again. How anyone can rationally think "we're doing the same thing as 2016" is beyond me. We know what went wrong, in multiple areas, and we're fixing that this time around. Biden is a great choice for a number of categories - the fact that you don't agree doesn't make you right, it just makes you disagree.

Do you understand that you thinking you're right, doesn't make you right. And the facts clearly demonstrate that we are doing things much different this time around. How you ask?

1. we are not underestimating Trump.
    2. we are flooding the midwest states with campaigning - which was ignored in 2016
    3. we are not running Hillary (despite you claiming they are the same candidate, they are not - and the facts back this up)
    4. we are simplifying messaging
    5. we are making this a referendum on Trump's presidency
    6. we are wooing Obama2012----->Trump2016 voters
    7. we are picking a better Vice President candidate

Much more. It's not at all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    ETA: Democrats have actually won 6 of the last 7 elections. The whole "people don't like moderates thing" doesn't really hold up.
    Except these last several democrats were not moderates. Whether Obama actually was a progressive or not - he spent his second term being firmly moderate/corporatist - he ran on a progressive platform. Bill Clinton was a wave of New Democrat, a progressive compared to the old democratic order. The last democrat before him was Carter, a progressive.

Using data referred by starlord is where I generally have had to bow out, because if we're going to insist on another four years without first world healthcare, I have to watch my blood pressure. "Let me prove A by proving C instead" is where things start to head south.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    The Democrats were warned they had had their choice: "Bernie or Trump". They seemingly want to choose Trump.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jehct View Post
    You were warned. Sanders or Trump. You and the other Dems chose Trump. That's on you. Enjoy 4 more years.
    lol no, Bernie is not entitled to votes on the merit of not being trump. Fuck off with this bullshit ultimatum.
    Last edited by Clone; 2020-03-13 at 08:23 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    lol no, Bernie is not entitled to votes on the merit of not being trump. Fuck off with this bullshit ultimatum.
    Sorry, there is just so much hostility from these Biden Boys, I just can't support a candidate that produces such a toxic culture.

^ This logic swings many ways, not just against Sanders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Sorry, there is just so much hostility from these Biden Boys, I just can't support a candidate that produces such a toxic culture.

^ This logic swings many ways, not just against Sanders.
    Except one is a response to the behavior of the supporters of a candidate. The post you're comparing it to is literally that Sanders supporter saying, "Give us our way or we'll fucking shoot you." in response to...nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    Except these last several democrats were not moderates. Whether Obama actually was a progressive or not - he spent his second term being firmly moderate/corporatist - he ran on a progressive platform. Bill Clinton was a wave of New Democrat, a progressive compared to the old democratic order. The last democrat before him was Carter, a progressive.

Using data referred by starlord is where I generally have had to bow out, because if we're going to insist on another four years without first world healthcare, I have to watch my blood pressure. "Let me prove A by proving C instead" is where things start to head south.
    Obama was pretty centrist--he was against gay marriage, and his policy platform wasn't further to the left than Hillary's or Biden's, unless I'm forgetting something, which I may be. Biden came out and voiced his support for gay marriage before Obama had moved on it (yes, may have all been staged, I know, but even at that Obama was tiptoeing into moving left). What Obama did have was a ton of charisma. I do wish people would look at the data from 538 and the nytimes article I keep linking because it shows what motivated those voters, and it's contrary to what we've been telling ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post

if you've got something to dispute it beyond "4chan lol" by all means show it.

The Democrats were warned they had had their choice: "Bernie or Trump". They seemingly want to choose Trump.
    Politics isn't a cult.
    ???????????????????

I see you chose Trump. Enjoy 4 more years of the candidate you wanted.
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.

I see you chose Trump. Enjoy 4 more years of the candidate you wanted.
    If you don't vote democrat..it's on you.

10+ Year Old Account
    And neither is the Democratic Party entitled to votes from people who they don't provide policies for.

Politics isn't a cult. Nobody has to vote for conservative Biden if they don't feel he is someone who will serve them.
    We aren’t the ones talking about “our pick” or trump.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    So you're just helping out Trump - great. Thanks for clarifying that. And yes, I will shout down anyone who does personal attacks - that only helps Trump, and muddies the waters of people we're trying to win over.
    Sigh. The man has major flaws and it is ok to talk about them. You are becoming his Sarah Huckabee Sanders. It is fucking mind boggling how you don't see this behavior your exhibiting as fear based silliness that plays exactly into what I've been saying is the flaw of Dems.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    We are not using the same strategy. You think we are because...why again. How anyone can rationally think "we're doing the same thing as 2016" is beyond me. We know what went wrong, in multiple areas, and we're fixing that this time around. Biden is a great choice for a number of categories - the fact that you don't agree doesn't make you right, it just makes you disagree.

Do you understand that you thinking you're right, doesn't make you right. And the facts clearly demonstrate that we are doing things much different this time around. How you ask?

1. we are not underestimating Trump.
    2. we are flooding the midwest states with campaigning - which was ignored in 2016
    3. we are not running Hillary (despite you claiming they are the same candidate, they are not - and the facts back this up)
    4. we are simplifying messaging
    5. we are making this a referendum on Trump's presidency
    6. we are wooing Obama2012----->Trump2016 voters
    7. we are picking a better Vice President candidate

Much more. It's not at all the same.
    1. the hell we aren't.
    2. And?
    3. You keep saying they are different, and offering literally nothing to say how.
    4. In what way?
    5. Again, and?
    6. How? Hillary was part of his cabinet too you know.
    7. Who is that?

See this post:
    This ^ is because you guys refuse to hear these people. You categorically dismiss them and their frustrations. So they make these statements. Woo them, instead of acting exactly like them and shitting on them for being upset.
    Last edited by Bodakane; 2020-03-13 at 08:43 PM.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

If you don't vote democrat..it's on you.
    You surely didn't vote democrat. If you voted Biden you basically gave Trump the presidency for free.

You were warned. Sanders or Trump. You chose Trump. that's on you bud.

Once again, i challenge you to explain why those people voted for Trump over Hillary and why those reasons are different now that Biden is the nom.
    I keep linking it. Conservative Democrats supported Sanders over Clinton, and they supported Biden over Sanders. These are Democratic voters who not only have very conservative views on race and gender, they call themselves moderate or conservative. Democratic voters who are too--let's use this phrase again-- "gender traditionalist" to vote for Clinton have a fair amount in common with actual Republicans, and less with progressives. That accounts for people who voted for Sanders and Trump over Clinton and why they would vote for Biden over both Sanders and Trump.

You surely didn't vote democrat. If you voted Biden you basically gave Trump the presidency for free.
    You were warned. Sanders or Trump. You chose Trump. that's on you bud.
    NJ here...
    And I suspect you're responsible for the president today.
    Just own up to it already!

NJ here...
    And I suspect you're responsible for the president today.
    Just own up to it already!
    Nah that was the DNC in 2016. Do you not keep up on what happens in politics?

Fact: They can't even get rid of Trump, the most incompetent and dumbest president in the history of the USA, who openly commits crimes... They can't get rid of him. They have no clue how to get anything done when it isn't filling their own pockets with money or screwing over the common people.
    Fact: Neither can progressives, because they haven't succeeded either.

Your move, Kasparov.

Nah that was the DNC in 2016. Do you not keep up on what happens in politics?
    Can we dial the concern trolling back to at least a 5?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Politics isn't a cult. Nobody has to vote for conservative Biden if they don't feel he is someone who will serve them.
    I love that you think someone isn't going to win the General election. When you put that together, please take a look at your statement above. We'll wait.