Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

8.2 Jewelcrafting

This profession really got shafted hard.

35 Sage Agate/Aszharine's needed for the 410 ring and 40->45 for the 425 and 440 rings. Compared with the 250 Osmenite's needed for 440 Plate Legs its a ripoff how easy it is for Blacksmithing.

Not only cant u get 35 of each gem by prospecting 250 Osmenites, you csant get it from prospecting 2500 Osmenites. 10x higher and you still wont get the mats needed. And you can only craft 1ring for Jc, where BS, Lw, Tailoring can craft 2 socketed items.

How is this balanced? Before 8.2 JC was alright. It wasnt amazing but it wasnt bad. Now its by far the WORST of all BoP Crafting Professions.

Developers really need to look at themselves cuz this is a ridiculous design. Wonder how much they get paid for making these sort of moronic decisions.

Crafted gear is worthless across the board for all professions and has been for last few expansions.

Better gear is avail for free from multiple sources.

Nothing new here.

I mean it's to stop high level guilds from being able to trade absurd amounts of loot as they did in BoD, they tossed out sockets to compensate for the 5 ilvl losses to keep the gear competitive with mythic raid loot.
    yeah though, JC ring could've stood to have a 2nd socket
    a socket on a ring though is still very comparatively powerful though

As for thzz, lol crafted gear is absurdly relevant this xpac so far. Hell the alchemist stone is straight BiS for some healers last tier and this one.

i still wear jc ring and leather pants. So professions gear is somehow ok. But i don't like how everything is soulbound, even the materials.

If you're just out for the ring, the mat costs appear bull. But please don't pretend that you won't get lots of other mats out of that Osemite. A blacksmith won't turn a profit from crafting his legs.

At the same time I think that crafting a Ring is at least somewhat more valuable than legs. It's less likely to get replaced and you don't have to compete for that one slot with everyone else in the raid if it gets traded. Meanwhile you get a pair of plate legs at the latest when one of your plate buddies loots a duplicate.

Not only that OP, but they STILL DID NOT UPGRADE THE RING FROM 310 TO 370 -,- MY GUT RIP my profits...

JC is really only a 370 staff (Which currently would haft to sell for 45-55k on my realm to make profit, lamo) and a BOP ring now...Its getting annoying. I will still make my 310 rings but its just silly...
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by ryklin View Post

As for thzz, lol crafted gear is absurdly relevant this xpac so far. Hell the alchemist stone is straight BiS for some healers last tier and this one.

In theory yes, in practice, no.

lets go thru the steps to get your BIS ring,

1) Grind an absurd amount of manapearls to get Radiating Abyssal Focus
    2) Get 45 Sage Agate (currently going for around 5K on my server) = 225K
    3 Get 45 Azsharine (currently going for around 6K on my server) = 270K

So yeah absurdly relevant after grinding chit-ton of manapearls and paying 500K for gems.

By the time anyone will do this, or prices come down, the rings will be less than BIS... way less than BIS.

(note, yeah you could prospect ore to get the 90 gems. I dont want to calc how many ores you would need to get 45 reds and 45 greens... its a ton, but even with that, you still have the insane manapearl grind)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thzz View Post

So yeah absurdly relevant after grinding chit-ton of manapearls and paying 500K for gems.
    What the hell is wrong with your economy, don't you have... i don't know, miners on your server? Last time i checked for Azsharine it was 600g per piece. But yeah, if you put it this way - it's too expensive. I disagree with "absurd amount of manapearls" tho.

And speaking of jewelcrafting in general - it's still a good old "flip the gems for profit" profession, you buy popular gems on AH, cut them, put them back on AH for bigger price. It's not much, but a very easy way to get money.

And here i am, playing a scribe, and see people complain about their professions BoP gear.
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2019-07-03 at 05:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post

And speaking of jewelcrafting in general - it's still a good old "flip the gems for profit" profession, you buy popular gems on AH, cut them, put them back on AH for bigger price. It's not much, but a very easy way to get money.
    At the rate undercutters tank the price? Nah mate. A few days ago the raw gems are more expensive than the cut version. In some cases you were better off selling the base mat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    At the rate undercutters tank the price? Nah mate. A few days ago the raw gems are more expensive than the cut version. In some cases you were better off selling the base mat.
    That really depends on economy, i checked gems on our servers couple of days ago, when i was replying to this thread, and cut gem cost was higher than raw gem
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Crafted gear is worthless across the board for all professions and has been for last few expansions.

Better gear is avail for free from multiple sources.

Nothing new here.
    umm what?
    where did you get this info
    the crafted gear is as good as mythic gear
    i would love to know where you can get mythic level gear for free from multiple sources that is as easy as fucking crafting.

- - - Updated - - -

In theory yes, in practice, no.

lets go thru the steps to get your BIS ring,

By the time anyone will do this, or prices come down, the rings will be less than BIS... way less than BIS.

(note, yeah you could prospect ore to get the 90 gems. I dont want to calc how many ores you would need to get 45 reds and 45 greens... its a ton, but even with that, you still have the insane manapearl grind)
    "absurd" day 1 i had it done with 50 manapearls left over.

also 500k for a BIS mythic piece of gear is not bad
    also why do you say "way less then BIS" what the fuck you talking about? since when has mythic not been you know... mythic.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

"absurd" day 1 i had it done with 50 manapearls left over.

congrats. you have restored abyssal focus and can make a 410 ring. I wasted my first pearls on that too.

next you need Empowered Abyssal Focus... more pearls

After that you need Radiating Abyssal Focus.... more more pearls

Then go get your 45 reds and 45 green gems.

Then come back and let us know about this BIS ring you crafted .
    Last edited by Thzz; 2019-07-04 at 08:39 PM.

Unless they've recently changed it, rank 2 and 3 only required the raid mat to upgrade.

It's a slightly below mythic-level ring with a guaranteed socket. Don't underestimate how valuable a socket is, especially on an item that doesn't have a main stat.

Let's take the ring from Ashvane in Eternal Palace as an example. At 415ilvl (normal), you get 152 haste and 333 mastery, for a total of 485 secondary stats. At 430ilvl (heroic), you get 160 haste and 350 mastery for a total of 510 secondary stats in total. At 445ilvl (mythic), the ring gives 169 haste and 369 mastery, for a total of 538. An epic gem gives you 50 of a secondary stat. That means that a normal ring with a socket would be 485+50=535 secondary stats in total. 3 less than a mythic ring, on an item that is 30 ilvl lower.

A rank 3 crafted ring with a socket is therefore roughly the equivalent of a 470ilvl piece of gear, far above what you can even obtain in the game. You're not replacing that ring unless you get a +10 warforged mythic ring with a socket. Good luck with that!
    Last edited by Archibalde; 2019-07-04 at 09:22 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    congrats. you have restored abyssal focus and can make a 410 ring. I wasted my first pearls on that too.

Then go get your 45 reds and 45 green gems.

Then come back and let us know about this BIS ring you crafted .
    Uhhh no not how it works

empowered and radiating abyssal focus do not need pearls, the items to upgrade the forge come from the raid, not mana pearls.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Archibalde View Post
    It's a slightly below mythic-level ring with a guaranteed socket. Don't underestimate how valuable a socket is, especially on an item that doesn't have a main stat.

Let's take the ring from Ashvane in Eternal Palace as an example. At 415ilvl (normal), you get 152 haste and 333 mastery, for a total of 485 secondary stats. At 430ilvl (heroic), you get 160 haste and 350 mastery for a total of 510 secondary stats in total. At 445ilvl (mythic), the ring gives 169 haste and 369 mastery, for a total of 538. An epic gem gives you 50 of a secondary stat. That means that a normal ring with a socket would be 485+50=535 secondary stats in total. 3 less than a mythic ring, on an item that is 30 ilvl lower.

A rank 3 crafted ring with a socket is therefore roughly the equivalent of a 470ilvl piece of gear, far above what you can even obtain in the game. You're not replacing that ring unless you get a +10 warforged mythic ring with a socket. Good luck with that!
    yeah its only 5 ilvl lower with a gaurnteed socket.
    also the engineering helmet is the exact same ilvl as the raid, so yay

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownSoldier View Post
    Unless they've recently changed it, rank 2 and 3 only required the raid mat to upgrade.
    Uhhh no not how it works

empowered and radiating abyssal focus do not need pearls, the items to upgrade the forge come from the raid, not mana pearls.

woops. my bad. carry on.

how will the raid mats work? not much info on forums. drop rate? how many needed? what difficulty?

7+ Year Old Account
    woops. my bad. carry on.

how will the raid mats work? not much info on forums. drop rate? how many needed? what difficulty?
    prob same way as breath of bwomsombdi, but we dont know, thing we do know is the mats are not needed to make the item, but to upgrade the focus, meaning once you upgrade the focus to max you could make 10000 more items without every stepping in the raid, and it will stop dropping the item, cause your focus is max.

prob same way as breath of bwomsombdi, but we dont know, thing we do know is the mats are not needed to make the item, but to upgrade the focus, meaning once you upgrade the focus to max you could make 10000 more items without every stepping in the raid, and it will stop dropping the item, cause your focus is max.
    OK, looking at wowhead JC guide, you will need Eternal Ornamental x 20 for Empowered Abyssal (425 ring) and Eternal Ornamental x 200 for Radiating Abyssal (440 Ring)

I'm not a raider. so have no idea on this... assuming Eternal Ornamental is similar to Bwsombdi drop rates how many raid weeks to get EO's x 220 ?

Another question. Is is true that there are not and will not be any other rings better anywhere in the game during this expansion, so no matter how long this ring takes to craft it will always be BIS?

7+ Year Old Account
    OK, looking at wowhead JC guide, you will need Eternal Ornamental x 20 for Empowered Abyssal (425 ring) and Eternal Ornamental x 200 for Radiating Abyssal (440 Ring)

I'm not a raider. so have no idea on this... assuming Eternal Ornamental is similar to Bwsombdi drop rates how many raid weeks to get EO's x 220 ?

Another question. Is is true that there are not and will not be any other rings better anywhere in the game during this expansion, so no matter how long this ring takes to craft it will always be BIS?
    50% chance to get one per LFR kill
    1 per normal kill
    10 per heroic kill
    20 per mythic kill.

that is how many breaths you got
    prob same for this.

so for the MYTHIC ILVL GEAR with mythic coming out in second week
    means a mythic player can probebly get 15 heroic killls (saying they dont kill heroic azshara first week, but who knows they may)
    150, then ontop of that they coudl easily get another 16 from normal. although i will just count 10 as well 6 does not matter

need 60 more, which means only 3 mythic boss kills.

So in 2 weeks, 3 mythic boss kills, 1 almost full clear of heroic, and 1 full clear of heroic, and a full clear of normal, and a partial clear of normal.

so its very easy to get the MYTHIC ILVL ITEM in 2 weeks with no problem.

could also of course if you get 5 mythic kills first week that alone is 100 meaning you only need 120 from heroic meaning 12 kills (so 8 second week, 4 first week)

Guys, its a damn freaking ring you'll replace in 2 months. Who cares; The JC profession is officially so bad for profit not even I, as a AH player, can see its potential.

JC cant make gold on gems, prospecting or just crafting some items...Do twinks buy low level gems still? jeez :[
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO