Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    And how much gold will you have to spend crafting something 10 times before you get a combination that isn't Harmonious or Aurora?

I would love to see the coding Blizzard uses to decide what combo is awarded, because it HAS to be heavily biased toward Harmonious. I get that combo 5x more than anything else, and it is the worst possible combo for all 4 characters I play.

Quote Originally Posted by Thzz View Post
    Crafted gear is worthless across the board for all professions and has been for last few expansions.

Nothing new here.
    Agreed but most professions still help you earn some money. JC is just dead

I have sold the new mastey gem for 5k gold on the first release date of 8.2 but not it is around 30ish gold in twisting nether eu. I obviously think 5k for a gem is also too much but 30g? I mean cmoon...

Some of yall's servers are either horribly messed up on their economy or yall are exaggerating. I play on a basically dead server cluster, Kirin Tor/SWC/Sentinels. New gems sell for around 500-800g each. Some of yall are complaining about profits? Just cause you're not making a stupidly easy 200k gold you get pissy over it. Hell I made 50k on a DEAD server from probably 2 hours worth of farming. The crafted gear is pretty easy to get across the board. A gem socket in a ring is extremely worth it for raiding purposes.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gdcotton View Post
    Some of yall's servers are either horribly messed up on their economy or yall are exaggerating. I play on a basically dead server cluster, Kirin Tor/SWC/Sentinels. New gems sell for around 500-800g each. Some of yall are complaining about profits? Just cause you're not making a stupidly easy 200k gold you get pissy over it. Hell I made 50k on a DEAD server from probably 2 hours worth of farming. The crafted gear is pretty easy to get across the board. A gem socket in a ring is extremely worth it for raiding purposes.
    Tarren Mill:
    - Aszharine 2800-3700g/each
    - Sage Agate 3300-3900g/each

Not even kidding

Quote Originally Posted by Gdcotton View Post
    You do realize that on dead server you can earn more due to lower supply of goods ?

Bigger server means bigger supply of cut gems which leads to lower prices due to rampant undercutting.

Prices of Azsharite and Sage agate are reaching ridiculous levels due to HUGE demand for them for JC rings and really low droprate from prospecting.

JC is the unwanted profession ever since they've made sockets a random proc on gear.

I miss those days of permament sockets on gear with socket bonus for specific colored gems.
    Last edited by rad586; 2019-07-12 at 12:57 PM.

Looking for a working online signature generator .....

Quote Originally Posted by rad586 View Post
    You do realize that on dead server you can earn more due to lower supply of goods ?

Bigger server means bigger supply of cut gems which leads to lower prices due to rampant undercutting.

Prices of Azsharite and Sage agate are reaching ridiculous levels due to HUGE demand for them for JC rings and really low droprate from prospecting.

JC is the unwanted profession ever since they've made sockets a random proc on gear.

I miss those days of permament sockets on gear with socket bonus for specific colored gems.
    According to everyone else, the higher demand of them is outweighing the supply meaning the cost you can sell them for is a lot higher. I had friends on 5 other servers check costs to compare. Almost 500% more expensive than my realm. Sounds like you're just not getting a stupid insane amount of gold that you want.

the other impact of red/green gems need ed for ring at the moment.

For every 35 Red and 35 Greens prospected to make a ring, a chit ton of the other gems are also prospected. Those flood the market and prices stay low.

If not for high volume prospecting (mostly by people who dont care about profit/gold making , they just want BIS ring), market would be more profitable for JCs right now.

8.2 JC would not be nearly as bad if the prospecting rates were not ocmpletely fucked.

Being the compulsive collector i am, i decided i wanted to make the JC ring. For that i decided to sink a good 500k into Osmenite for prospecting. After going through thousands of osmenite, i ended up with a giant pile of gems. Including well over a 100 of the "rare" leviathan's eye. And roughly 40 of each of the 2 i need.

And still the ring costs 3 of the "rare" gem and 80 in total of what is supposed to be a common drop from prospecting.

The rates are just completely fucked. In a reasonable world i would prospect maybe 5 stacks of osmenite and end up with 30-40 of each gem and maybe 5 of teh rare gem.
    And yet, it seems like it might be flipped. Would really love if that got fixed.

Thanks for this!

Quote Originally Posted by Meanshield View Post
    Tarren Mill:
    - Aszharine 2800-3700g/each
    - Sage Agate 3300-3900g/each

Not even kidding
    What they need to do(and what made it easy as hell later in BoD), is make them available from the jeweler's focus thing. You'd get 5-7 laribole/scarlet diamond per day doing this, and it should be the same now.

This always happens it goes in a big circle.

It cost me 150 osmenite to craft the engi helmet. It costs over 3000 ore to craft the ring, and it might even have bad stats so you have to reroll it.

Professions are balanced bois.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grmmppff View Post
    What they need to do(and what made it easy as hell later in BoD), is make them available from the jeweler's focus thing. You'd get 5-7 laribole/scarlet diamond per day doing this, and it should be the same now.
    No, what they need to do is to get down the tree they climbed and reduce gems required by 70% or some such.

I crafted 440 ring and compared to tailor pants I did - the ring is ludicrously expensive. I'm not even dreaming rerolling it, I'm just happy the stats there are not horrible even if not best.

Tailor pants were almost bloody free really.

Jesus, another ramble about the damn shitty ring, while the 370 staff still cost 50k gold to make. Im still selling Ilvl 310 rings for profit end of expansion like this...On Ravencrest, aka high pop, maybe the highest Ally realm EU, nobody even post the 370 staff cause there is no profit. Ive never seen 1 on AH!

Guys Im sorry, but your ring is not even important enough to get annoyed by it. At this point of time the only gold you can make with JC is maybe selling gems to twinks or make 310/340 staff (Yes ppl buy em....) and 310 rings.

Oh...i forgot, you can also be a turd and flip/reset gem prices...
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    this is all wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanderez View Post
    With the amount of gems available, it would instantly hit rock bottom again. Some dude did it on my server and 1 hour later they were back down to 80g each because people undercut by such a large margin
    This is all right.

@Djuntas, you sound knowledgeable. how could you say something so "unknowledgable"

Blizz set prospect rates from ore purposefully (red/greem vs others), not because they are dumb. Market is and will likely always be flooded with non reds and greens because its exactly what they want.

Once tokens started, its clear they want to take nearly all the margins out of professions. To some degree they are in business of selling gold, so why allow gold goblins to create unlimited amounts.

Im not the dumbest AH guy, always focused in JC, Enchant, Alch and Tailoring. Before tokens, you could print gold, reset markets, ample opportunities to sell high volume of high margin consumables, gear, , etc etc (especially in early parts of expansions)

in BFA, i've tried all sorts of strats in all four of my profs. there is just no way. Yes, you can still squeak out a profit, but not anywhere close to pre-tokens. I've only made 500k-1M profit since BFA dropped vs 5-10m in the good old days.

anyone about to type the expected "omgzzz I've made gabillions " save it. its just not possible anymore using profs. this is purposeful from Blizz.

Even flipping epic gear is no where near what it used to be. There is so much good gear avail for casual players from multiple sources for free. Maybe some profit early from hard core raiders wanting to gear up quickly in very early part of expansion. But not without risk of getting stuck 25-75K on any piece of gear.
    Last edited by Thzz; 2019-08-15 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thzz View Post
    this is all wrong.

This is all right.

@Djuntas, you sound knowledgeable. how could you say something so "unknowledgable"

Blizz set prospect rates from ore purposefully (red/greem vs others), not because they are dumb. Market is and will likely always be flooded with non reds and greens because its exactly what they want.

Once tokens started, its clear they want to take nearly all the margins out of professions. To some degree they are in business of selling gold, so why allow gold goblins to create unlimited amounts.

Im not the dumbest AH guy, always focused in JC, Enchant, Alch and Tailoring. Before tokens, you could print gold, reset markets, ample opportunities to sell high volume of high margin consumables, gear, , etc etc (especially in early parts of expansions)

in BFA, i've tried all sorts of strats in all four of my profs. there is just no way. Yes, you can still squeak out a profit, but not anywhere close to pre-tokens. I've only made 500k-1M profit since BFA dropped vs 5-10m in the good old days.

anyone about to type the expected "omgzzz I've made gabillions " save it. its just not possible anymore using profs. this is purposeful from Blizz.

Even flipping epic gear is no where near what it used to be. There is so much good gear avail for casual players from multiple sources for free. Maybe some profit early from hard core raiders wanting to gear up quickly in very early part of expansion. But not without risk of getting stuck 25-75K on any piece of gear.
    Im not into the hole conspiracy POV, but I get where you coming from..:Erhm, I recently did a video on my AH play (shill) and I still make as much gold as before. But the fact that Blizzard dont upgrade just the rings to 370 is....WOW. Also what I meant with gems was more aimed towards the old gems aka blue gems...They still spike some-times, but I never get into flipping mats...its really only mistscale and some other leathers I tried a bit with.

Its not that I want ore shuffling back cause that was way long and bored, but just....something for JC besides making 2 kinds of staff's and 4 types of rings...

my comments weren't any sort of conspiracy theory.

Blizz exists to make profits for investors.

Though AH/tokens/profs mgmt has only small influence on their income statement, it is something someone there pays attention to with a focus on enjoyment for players but more importantly profit for investors.

So no conspiracy theory, just obvious moves by them that any business would make.

If you are asserting that they give no attention to these matters then we should just leave it at that.
    Last edited by Thzz; 2019-08-15 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    What bothers me is the other side of that economy means I either spend an absurd amount of time mining osmenite or and absurd amount of gold buying it on the AH to craft a JC´er only item. And to add insult to injury it took me an hours worth of mining to get all the mats needed to craft the engineering goggles (the max ones that require 200 ornaments).
    It made sense for the ring to be expensive in 8.1 because it was only profession item with a socket. But when 8.2 versions got sockets on tailoring / lw / bs items for much much cheaper mats cost, jc feels like a slap to the face. Especially since the other profs give 2 items each and jc only 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Jesus, another ramble about the damn shitty ring, while the 370 staff still cost 50k gold to make. Im still selling Ilvl 310 rings for profit end of expansion like this...On Ravencrest, aka high pop, maybe the highest Ally realm EU, nobody even post the 370 staff cause there is no profit. Ive never seen 1 on AH!

Guys Im sorry, but your ring is not even important enough to get annoyed by it. At this point of time the only gold you can make with JC is maybe selling gems to twinks or make 310/340 staff (Yes ppl buy em....) and 310 rings.

It is entirely possible to raise concerns about one thing, while still having others raise concern about other things regarding same topic.

It's not mutually exclusive, you know.

For me not blasting 500k every tier for a crafted ring is a more pressing concern than making money off JC. For you more pressing concern is reverse and it's fine too. Both are valid.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    It is entirely possible to raise concerns about one thing, while still having others raise concern about other things regarding same topic.

It's not mutually exclusive, you know.

For me not blasting 500k every tier for a crafted ring is a more pressing concern than making money off JC. For you more pressing concern is reverse and it's fine too. Both are valid.
    Sure, its just that we're talking about professions, which should be more about the game economy than making a ring you'll replace in 4 months from patch landed or w/e. In in ideal world we would have both the gear and the items to sell but right now JC has kinda none of them.