Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Thzz View Post
    my comments weren't any sort of conspiracy theory.

Blizz exists to make profits for investors.

Though AH/tokens/profs mgmt has only small influence on their income statement, it is something someone there pays attention to with a focus on enjoyment for players but more importantly profit for investors.

So no conspiracy theory, just obvious moves by them that any business would make.

If you are asserting that they give no attention to these matters then we should just leave it at that.
    What you stated isnt a conspiracy at all. Its an observable fact. Making the 2 gem colours you need to craft proc at a much lower rate than the other 4 colours basically means JC´ers will end up with a supply of gems far greater than the demmand will ever allow at any moment because gem slots are random bonuses on gear.

So right there, by designing the mats of the ring and the rate of procs on prospecting Blizzard manipulated the epic gem market in such a way that it made purple, yellow, blue and orange gems really cheap.

Like I said, I don´t mind that epic gems are abundant, I alone can probably supply my hole guild with epic gems and still have enough left to sell in the AH (at vendor trash prices). What bothers me is the other side of that economy means I either spend an absurd amount of time mining osmenite or and absurd amount of gold buying it on the AH to craft a JC´er only item. And to add insult to injury it took me an hours worth of mining to get all the mats needed to craft the engineering goggles (the max ones that require 200 ornaments).

If you ask me, the solution I would put foward is making all gem colours drop at equal rates so making the ring costs as much as all the other professions items. But, even if they do it next week it will be too late imo.
    Last edited by caballitomalo; 2019-08-15 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    What bothers me is the other side of that economy means I either spend an absurd amount of time mining osmenite or and absurd amount of gold buying it on the AH to craft a JC´er only item. And to add insult to injury it took me an hours worth of mining to get all the mats needed to craft the engineering goggles (the max ones that require 200 ornaments).
    It made sense for the ring to be expensive in 8.1 because it was only profession item with a socket. But when 8.2 versions got sockets on tailoring / lw / bs items for much much cheaper mats cost, jc feels like a slap to the face. Especially since the other profs give 2 items each and jc only 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Jesus, another ramble about the damn shitty ring, while the 370 staff still cost 50k gold to make. Im still selling Ilvl 310 rings for profit end of expansion like this...On Ravencrest, aka high pop, maybe the highest Ally realm EU, nobody even post the 370 staff cause there is no profit. Ive never seen 1 on AH!

Guys Im sorry, but your ring is not even important enough to get annoyed by it. At this point of time the only gold you can make with JC is maybe selling gems to twinks or make 310/340 staff (Yes ppl buy em....) and 310 rings.

Oh...i forgot, you can also be a turd and flip/reset gem prices...
    It is entirely possible to raise concerns about one thing, while still having others raise concern about other things regarding same topic.

It's not mutually exclusive, you know.

For me not blasting 500k every tier for a crafted ring is a more pressing concern than making money off JC. For you more pressing concern is reverse and it's fine too. Both are valid.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    It is entirely possible to raise concerns about one thing, while still having others raise concern about other things regarding same topic.

It's not mutually exclusive, you know.

For me not blasting 500k every tier for a crafted ring is a more pressing concern than making money off JC. For you more pressing concern is reverse and it's fine too. Both are valid.
    Sure, its just that we're talking about professions, which should be more about the game economy than making a ring you'll replace in 4 months from patch landed or w/e. In in ideal world we would have both the gear and the items to sell but right now JC has kinda none of them.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO
    NZXT H440 - Asus Z97 A Mobo - Corsair RM 850 - Intel I5 4590 CPU - Evo TX3 Cooler Master - Asus 970 Strix - 250GB SSD 850 Evo - Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD - Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    No, what they need to do is to get down the tree they climbed and reduce gems required by 70% or some such.

I crafted 440 ring and compared to tailor pants I did - the ring is ludicrously expensive. I'm not even dreaming rerolling it, I'm just happy the stats there are not horrible even if not best.

Tailor pants were almost bloody free really.
    No shit sherlock, the ring is expensive? You don't say...We went over this a few times. My suggestion would greatly reduce the prices, as it did with laribole and scarlet diamond...so why ever you'd disagree with my idea is beyond me.