Page 1 of 28
... LastLast

What is the point of rushing pathfinder 2?

Since patch came ppl are rushing like mad to get it done,i just came online and on my guild chat ppl where berserk on farming that rep ,asking where and how to get it done faster and questioning everyone on the hidden stuff like fishing quests that gives rep etc.I am just in awe the last 7 days i cant believe you are rushing to get this achivement where you will get it overtime in the next week anyway.Where are you gonna fly once you get the pathfinder?For farming arch?no one is looking forward to that.Everything we do is instanced ppl,arenas ,mythic+,raids ,you dont need to get there faster its already .Cant be to do more WQs? I have a friend came back to wow just to get this achivement,like he doesnt even move from SW since spaming bgs and a random hc and goes off.
    Not gona lie i am having a blast with the new patch and pvp in nazjatar can be good if its a even shard and mechagon feels fresh also,adding flying to it will cancel it all and it will be same as tanaan jungle .Am i in the wrong here? what am i missing if i logically play this game and get what i find interesting in this game anyway without being burned out?

10+ Year Old Account
    People want to fly.

Blizzard should take the hint and 1) reduce pathfinder to 1 part, 2) have it completable no later than the .1 patch and 3) have the tasks be relevant to flight and not silly shit like rep.

They'll do none of this, of course

Because flying returns time that would otherwise be wasted traveling. Real life time, instead of wasting it getting bored by arbitrary developer rules so you are forced to look at their zone design 100 million times, you get time to do fun and enjoyable things. There is no other commodity more precious.

When it's done I don't need to play that much any more. I can go back to doing just the daily emissary and nothing more.

Flying saves a tremendous amount of time in any non-instanced activity in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    The game is more enjoyable when you can fly over all the tedious shit.

I’m pretty desperate for flying right now. I’ll hit unshackled revered tomorrow which just leaves Rustbolt.

Also I’m wanting to hit exalted with both before my month of sub ends. Then I’m done with the game until 8.2.5.

Some people just like having things to reach for. It's just that simple. Sure, flying is a great upgrade and the reward in this case is good, but the journey to the goal is what excites me the most.

Unless you're a raider or something and need to do WQs the only reason for having flying in any expansion thereafter in my opinion is for alts. Being able to fly directly is for me the only lure of going for the achievements to unlock it on the off chance I decide I want to level an alt.

Humans are like ants.
    They only know how to consume and destroy...

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Because flying returns time that would otherwise be wasted traveling.
    ^ This.

I would buy Blizzard's "flying makes you not enjoy the world as much" if they didn't design their world with blatantly time-wasting geography. They're literally trying to suck out minutes of your life for no reason - not mechanical, not lore-based, not aesthetic. Just "how about we put obstacles in their way for no reason other than to make them walk an extra 60 seconds".

to avoir all those densely packed mobs that aggro you from the other side of the zone and follow you to the end of the world, dazing you every 3 sec......
    strangely when I play swtor, I don't care much about the optional mobs that I aggro going from A to B, but wow makes that a chore and a half...

I'm quite amazed to see people with it already, I've probably got another 7 days to go, but I can certainly understand why people want it, it'll definitely make Naz a lot easier to navigate, for me it'll encourage me to play some of my alts and get them caught up, as Legion and BFA had me only having 3 to 4 characters at max level instead of 12 or more.

With my speed it will take at least week or two. I think I have used all the "quick" boosts like picking one time treasures. Rep from killing rare first time, ect. and I'm both reputations only like 3k in honored. The rest will have to go with daily/wq. Perhaps faster, if I find out about secret stuff I have yet to find (im sure there are since people are able to get flying already).

7+ Year Old Account
    It's one of the carrots on a stick. It's purpose is an attempt to hopefully keep you subbed just one more month and to keep the MAU #'s up for shareholders. In the end it all comes down to the almighty <INSERT COUNTRY'S LOCAL CURRENCY>.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it's a time sink that many (I'd wager almost all) players will engage in because people fundamentally like the ability to fly in WoW.

Flying should be a nominal gold sink you can buy when you reach max level; that's it. That's the way it was back in WotLK and BC which of course are widely regarded as the "best" WoW expansions.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I'm about 2-3 weeks worth of rep. Going to Greece this saturday, bringing my portable drive to play at internet cafes only for dailies for mech/naz.

I'm in no real hurry atm due to traveling for 2 weeks, so ill just do dailies until i get back.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Because it's a time sink that many (I'd wager almost all) players will engage in because people fundamentally like the ability to fly in WoW.

Flying should be a nominal gold sink you can buy when you reach max level; that's it. That's the way it was back in WotLK and BC which of course are widely regarded as the "best" WoW expansions.
    I hated when it was a gold sink because there are plenty of servers with royally fucked up economies that punish anyone who doesn't hardcore play the auction house or spend every amount of time they have in the game on farming tedious shit. I'd much prefer playing the game and earning flying that way rather than just having to throw gold at it.

People likely just want to fly. If I still played I would be one of them.

But then again the expac is almost over, and grinding reps/wq's is my least favorite activity in WoW, so it's not for me.

I've decided Retail WoW is no longer for me, a lot of the recent changes seem to aim for maximizing monthly users -- rather than actual fun gameplay.

Rushing? The expansion is almost over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I hated when it was a gold sink because there are plenty of servers with royally fucked up economies that punish anyone who doesn't hardcore play the auction house or spend every amount of time they have in the game on farming tedious shit. I'd much prefer playing the game and earning flying that way rather than just having to throw gold at it.
    I'm talking like 1000-2000 gold tops.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.