Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by makls View Post
    Not gona lie i am having a blast with the new patch and pvp in nazjatar can be good if its a even shard and mechagon feels fresh also,
    Good for you. I feel completely opposite. I would rather Blizz took the time and effort to design the game to account for flying...like they did with BC, Wrath, Cata, and MoP...not this lazy nonsense.

And people really need to realize that this whole pathfinder nonsense started with WoD because Blizz was trying to avoid having to completely design new zones to account for flying. But people harassed them enough that they devised this pathfinder nonsense to buy them enough time to complete the work, but sold it off as "intended"...and they've continued this with each expansion afterwards for the exact same reason.

They used to have all this built out with the aforementioned expansions at the beginning (BC, Wrath, Cata, MoP), so there is no excuse for them not being able to do it with the current expansions.

Since patch came ppl are rushing like mad to get it done,i just came online and on my guild chat ppl where berserk on farming that rep ,asking where and how to get it done faster and questioning everyone on the hidden stuff like fishing quests that gives rep etc.I am just in awe the last 7 days i cant believe you are rushing to get this achivement where you will get it overtime in the next week anyway.Where are you gonna fly once you get the pathfinder?For farming arch?no one is looking forward to that.Everything we do is instanced ppl,arenas ,mythic+,raids ,you dont need to get there faster its already .Cant be to do more WQs? I have a friend came back to wow just to get this achivement,like he doesnt even move from SW since spaming bgs and a random hc and goes off.
    Not gona lie i am having a blast with the new patch and pvp in nazjatar can be good if its a even shard and mechagon feels fresh also,adding flying to it will cancel it all and it will be same as tanaan jungle .Am i in the wrong here? what am i missing if i logically play this game and get what i find interesting in this game anyway without being burned out?
    Because they want what they have been waiting for for the last year, thanks to bad Blizzard design.

For this.

In all seriousness. In wrath, Storm Peaks and Icecrown were designed WITH flying in mind. Ever since Legion, the zones are designed AROUND flying. The difference is crucial and many people don't get it. The very same can be noticed with collectibles, achievements nowadays. Nazj (terrain wise) in my opinion is a shit hole. The latest zone I hated this much was highmountain. If I could unlock flying in a zone at the moment I'm done with it, i wouldn't be this mad about the terrain design. But they make you to do content in these zones till your eyes bleed and the content is done, and THEN you get to fly.

Last edited by Lei; 2019-07-14 at 05:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dagonar View Post
    He literally explained how it impacts his gameplay - "Now everybody is flying through the zones rushing the content, you don't have that feeling of "oh shit" when you turn a corner and meet 5 alliance guys. It makes the zones smaller, less enjoyable."
    But you will if others share your way of seeing things. If they do not that thats a pretty clear indication that flying is the better option that more people enjoy.
    But hey, turn flying off when you activate war mode then, who cares.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Whoa re they? Only one person is on record as wanting a world without flying and that is Alex Afrasiabi. If they wanted flying out of the game, they would remove it regardless of the consequences.
    They did. There were consequences and they brought flying back with Pathfinder as a "compromise" (heh, lol).
    /spit@Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    They did. There were consequences and they brought flying back with Pathfinder as a "compromise" (heh, lol).
    That proves my point. They didn't really want flying out. If they really wanted flying out it would still be out despite that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    And people really need to realize that this whole pathfinder nonsense started with WoD because Blizz was trying to avoid having to completely design new zones to account for flying.
    Prove it. There isn't a single shred of evidence to back up what you are saying.

I don't know so many people have this conversation when 90% of them have never played old classic or tbc back before flying was "for everyone" even during tbc it was a pretty harsh grind for epic flying slow flying was basically only so you could get up to higher ledges for dailies or avoid really nasty mobs.

Most of the people in this thread don't really understand flying works in every other game.. its just wow who want to keep their art design really pristine.. which is good.. so they feel bad if people fly over it.. but they forget not everyone enjoys looking at pretty trees 8 hours a day.. infact after a while you resent it.. flying doesn't build resentment.. its more entitlement from people who feel like flying shouldn't be part of the game.

It is.. its here to stay.. blizzard should put more work into making it feel fulfilling and design around it.. rather than fighting it.
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayia View Post
    I don't know so many people have this conversation when 90% of them have never played old classic or tbc back before flying was "for everyone" even during tbc it was a pretty harsh grind for epic flying slow flying was basically only so you could get up to higher ledges for dailies or avoid really nasty mobs.

Most of the people in this thread don't really understand flying works in every other game.. its just wow who want to keep their art design really pristine.. which is good.. so they feel bad if people fly over it.. but they forget not everyone enjoys looking at pretty trees 8 hours a day.. infact after a while you resent it.. flying doesn't build resentment.. its more entitlement from people who feel like flying shouldn't be part of the game.

It is.. its here to stay.. blizzard should put more work into making it feel fulfilling and design around it.. rather than fighting it.

With ground only for "old classic" and burning crusade, you did not have to contend with the maze/dead-end zone design that plagues WOD and Legion zones. It's not really fun to go in a direction for 5-10 minutes then hit a dead end or realize that where you want to go is a 10 min ride around a mountain then 5 more to get to the area you want. All of classic and BC were wide open for the most part.

Why can't blizzard design zones that you can only get around with flying? You are flying on islands in the sky or the zone is all lava except islands? Ocean zone with a number of islands to fly or boat too? That line about "we want people to experience the world" bah. You miss out on a ton of views, vistas, screenshots until you do get flying. One thing that I do when I unlock flying in an expansion is to go back to the zones and fly around for a while taking in the view and artwork. This example I unlocked flying and hearth straight back to Boralas. Why? To get on the flying mount and take in the whole city at one time. This time around I went what part of the city is this? Never would have appreciated that art work without flying....

I played back in vanilla, and in TBC I only paid for epic flying on my main. My alts all used the (extremely) slow flying, all the time. They were never, ever, on the ground when flying was available.

That said, as I recall they relented and sped up the slow flying pretty quickly.

They need to embrace flight as other games do. Blizzard says they cant make content with flight in mind. They can.

They just WONT.

Another case of everyone else doing what Blizzard says cant be done. Incidentally, before anyone accuses me of "WOW bashing", just bear in mind the old adage

"When everyone can do what you say cant be done....the problem isnt with them"

Both Nazjatar and Mechagon were clearly made with flight in mind. Mechagon has the robots that force you to fly away or land and Nazjatar has flying enemies everywhere. These things were designed to make the zones more annoying to fly in, which is perfectly fine, but it is a shame that the zones don't take advantage of flight anywhere. Flying challenges in Mechagon, floating water bubbles in Nazjatar, those things could have been cool.

It only took them...what..a YEAR? FF 14 has flight enabled ar the getgo, do msq, do some small explore puzzles to get currents and fly.

Took me maybe three days.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Because flying returns time that would otherwise be wasted traveling. Real life time, instead of wasting it getting bored by arbitrary developer rules so you are forced to look at their zone design 100 million times, you get time to do fun and enjoyable things. There is no other commodity more precious.
    ^This indeed. Also with Nazjatar being so tightly packed with mobs, it makes it sooooo much easier to move around, do WQ's and dailies. Least with Mechagon you could use a jet pack. Also it unlocks flying in Kul Tiras and Zandalar, great for alts.
    The bravery of mortals never fails to astound me. Death affixes its cold stare upon you and in return you rise to challenge its assertion! It is why your kind is so loved... and so hated. - Torastrasza

...Am i in the wrong here? what am i missing...
    Take your pick:
    - People enjoy flying.
    - Nothing else to do for the past 8 months just excited to do something.
    - It unlocks account-wide which makes leveling alts more palatable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

That proves my point. They didn't really want flying out. If they really wanted flying out it would still be out despite that.

- - - Updated - - -

Prove it. There isn't a single shred of evidence to back up what you are saying.
    You mean besides Tanaan Jungle not being designed for Flight and later being changed? Easy example.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    You mean besides Tanaan Jungle not being designed for Flight and later being changed? Easy example.
    Are you talking about how Tanaan was originally supposed to be released with the base expansion? What was later changed? Everything is accessible by ground?

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    It was designed for flight. They dimply did not complete it because they couldn't decide if flying was going to be in the game or not. Their owwn words. So, nope, still no evidence.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aehl View Post
    They need to embrace flight as other games do. Blizzard says they cant make content with flight in mind. They can.

They just WONT.

Another case of everyone else doing what Blizzard says cant be done. Incidentally, before anyone accuses me of "WOW bashing", just bear in mind the old adage

"When everyone can do what you say cant be done....the problem isnt with them"
    Blizzard's game. Blizzard's rules. You aren't entitled to anything but access to the servers if you sub or leave if you don't like the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Because pro-flyers are in no way acting entitled. IN fact, your entire post reeks of entitlement. And what you fail to realize is just because other games do something, doesn't mean Blizzard should do it to. You aren't going to get your way, so either accept Pathfinder or you can unsub. Those are the only two choices you have because that is how Blizzard wants their game.

It was designed for flight. They dimply did not complete it because they couldn't decide if flying was going to be in the game or not. Their owwn words. So, nope, still no evidence.

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard's game. Blizzard's rules. You aren't entitled to anything but access to the servers if you sub or leave if you don't like the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Because pro-flyers are in no way acting entitled. IN fact, your entire post reeks of entitlement. And what you fail to realize is just because other games do something, doesn't mean Blizzard should do it to. You aren't going to get your way, so either accept Pathfinder or you can unsub. Those are the only two choices you have because that is how Blizzard wants their game.
    I'm not entitled, you are entitled, nuh uh, you are, no you.

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...39411524182016

Blizzard's game. Blizzard's rules.
    This is a bit of an oversimplification. While it's true that Blizzard can design or change the game however they like, they don't operate in a complete vacuum. Pressure from shareholders or players can influence their decisions. An example is the RealID fiasco. Or if you're being generous, the 180 degree switch in WoD from "no flying ever again" to the pathfinder system.

And what you fail to realize is just because other games do something, doesn't mean Blizzard should do it to. You aren't going to get your way, so either accept Pathfinder or you can unsub. Those are the only two choices you have because that is how Blizzard wants their game.
    Two things here: Blizzard has a history of taking ideas from other games and improving on them. When you get down to it, the core mechanics of flying haven't actually changed since TBC, which is over a decade ago. That in and of itself is a major part of the problem: the failure to update or improve the system. Not that Blizzard MUST do anything, but it behooves them to stay abreast of other games in the genre. We see FFXIV starting to rival WoW, boasting record subscriptions and player activity while WoW continues to steadily decline. If Blizzard does NOTHING to keep up, they'll eventually lose their place as the leader in the MMO genre.

And the way FFXIV handles flying(both in terms of unlocking it and it's core mechanics) makes WoW look like a child's crayon scribbling.

Second, the idea of having only two options of "sub and implicitly approve of everything Blizzard does" or "gtfo and unsub" is overly simplistic. As I pointed out above, there are ways to influence the game. And while "speak with your wallet" is probably the most powerful tool a player has, it's also a pretty shitty thing to have to resort to in order to voice your displeasure with part of the game when you might otherwise enjoy the product as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyranis View Post
    I'm not entitled, you are entitled, nuh uh, you are, no you.

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...39411524182016
    Personally not liking flying does not = dpesn't want flying in the game at all.

OTher than that, your post in no way responds to anything I posted.