Page 1 of 2
LastLast

WoW Classic Beta Update - Ending July 12

WoW Classic Beta Update - Ending July 12
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Thank you very much to everyone who’ve helped test the closed beta for WoW Classic. Over the last seven weeks, we have reviewed over 17000 bug reports from testers. These led to our verification of hundreds of new and unique bugs. Your efforts have directly contributed to making WoW Classic a better experience for everyone when it opens to the world on August 27.

We have now reached a stage where WoW Classic is in a good state for reconciling remaining issues, and we intend to shift our focus away from the closed beta, which will end on July 12.

Internally, we’re working through the aforementioned bug fixes, testing the high-level zones such as Eastern Plaguelands, and doing our raid testing. We’ll make sure Ragnaros and Onyxia are ready to go.

As for what’s next, the final stress test is now coming up on July 25-26 (we’ve changed this date since we first announced it). During that global test, we will roll out our multi-region hardware in preparation for the worldwide release of WoW Classic. In addition to getting many more testers to play through the initial leveling experiences, it will be a test of the fixes and tweaks that we’ve made and are making to the game.

We’re planning a small in-game event to end the closed beta on July 12. We’ll see you there, and we’ll post reminders for you just before the stress test, as well as reminders in August as we gather for name reservations and ultimately for the release of WoW Classic.

Thank you!

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Aww, but on the other hand... HYPE!

first time since classic wow i did not get a beta invite

its over between us blizzard its over !!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Omfg they’re adding an event at the end of the beta. So much for #NOCHANGES

10+ Year Old Account
    Really? They're going to test the higher level stuff internally? Fair enough I suppose.

Hopefully this final stress test will extend invitations to lots of people who didn't get to participate yet.

Ending beta is a good idea. There is a hype that has gone down a bit since the first beta and needs to have a rest up. A month and a half without will make people want it more, will bring back the views on streamers.

Kinda sucks for classes like hunter that still have 40+ potential bugs active. They fixed like 10 in 7 weeks.

classic beta kinda dead compared to 8.2. Was a reasonable choice.

Good its ending, hope it wont release with to many bugs as a result of the high end not being tested externally. This all said i kinda wish beta was shorter or they just did 1 zone at a time rather than all in 1 go. Also the hype seems to have died down since every streamer out there seems to have been doing nothing but streamning classic for what seems a long time its kinda stale now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Wattmate View Post
    Good its ending, hope it wont release with to many bugs as a result of the high end not being tested externally. This all said i kinda wish beta was shorter or they just did 1 zone at a time rather than all in 1 go. Also the hype seems to have died down since every streamer out there seems to have been doing nothing but streamning classic for what seems a long time its kinda stale now.
    Hype can die down all it wants, it’s of no consequence to me if a bunch of people decide to spoil themselves watching streamers.

Quote Originally Posted by Uselessrouge View Post
    first time since classic wow i did not get a beta invite

its over between us blizzard its over !!!
    Just curious: did you make sure you selected "Classic WoW" as your desired beta interests? Classic WoW is separate from current WoW in those listings.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Just curious: did you make sure you selected "Classic WoW" as your desired beta interests? Classic WoW is separate from current WoW in those listings.
    yes i did

I think they meant " Thank you Twitch streamers " who were the only ones to get a beta invite; most of them wont even play Classic WoW( ie: Pokimane)

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    classic beta kinda dead compared to 8.2. Was a reasonable choice.
    It has nothing to do with 8.2.

Will it only be the ones invited to beta who get to reserve names? That whole post seemed to be directed only to the beta testers and not the rest of us who were left out. I want to reserve a name!

Quote Originally Posted by Doogie22 View Post
    I think they meant " Thank you Twitch streamers " who were the only ones to get a beta invite; most of them wont even play Classic WoW( ie: Pokimane)
    Srsly why are you jealous? It's good PR and whatever these streamers do is being recorded (and watched by thousands of fans), so they're pretty much the best possible beta testers even if they don't write any reports. I mean as it's the case in any beta: 99% of the players would be totally useless anyways for a beta test. They'd either just test around stuff for themselves or they'd fuck with these streamers.

It's also the only time where these big streamers can "legit" play and stream Classic, because when Classic launches they're gonna be constantly surrounded with hordes of people trying to be seen on stream.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2019-07-03 at 07:14 PM.

well back tot he private server for me..oh tight never left.

Quote Originally Posted by Doogie22 View Post
    Yes, because a server with several thousand players are all streamers. lmao

Classic is dead anyways its gonna be funny when it releases and fails miserably.
    The Man in Black: “They come. They fight. They destroy. They corrupt. It always ends the same.”
    Jacob: “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”