Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Warcraft Film Auction, Blue Tweet, WoW Classic - Not a Bug and Oceanic Realms Update

Warcraft Movie Prop Store Auction
    From July 1st to July 12th, Prop Store is having an auction with original props, costumes, and suits of armor from the Warcraft film.

Blue Tweet
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Phasing around the center of Nazjatar has been removed. No more phantom rares/starfish. Sorry, thanks! (Muffinus)

Oceanic WoW Classic Realms
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    We agree with the many WoW Classic enthusiasts in Australia, New Zealand, and Southeast Asia that it will be a very good thing for players in that part of the world to connect to realms that are hosted in that part of the world.

Planned it all along!

We will have Oceanic realms for WoW Classic, with game servers hosted in Australia, at launch on August 27, and we’ll let you know the names of the Oceanic realms before name reservations start on August 13. Thanks!

WoW Classic “Not A Bug” List Update
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    I’ve updated the original post in this thread with:

• “Melee leeway” is working as intended.

After careful study and testing, we’ve found that for players with low latency, the state of melee leeway is how they would have experienced the game in 2006.

There are more people with low latency now than there were in 2006, so we expect for some it might feel different, but it is working as expected.

Mechagon Guide - July 3rd, 2019
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    Today's Constructions
    • Charging Station
    • Reclamation Rig

Notable Quests
    • Mechagon Isle
      • A Direct Approach
      • Aim High
      • A Gulper Ate the Rolly
      • Redistribution of Power
      • Rustbolt Requisitions: Storm Silver Ore
      • Toys Like Us
      • Unprofitable Ventures
      • Waste Not
    • Alternate Future
      • Adapt, Improve, Overcome!
        • The Final Act
      • Be Kind, Rewind

Notable Unique Rares
    • No unique rares today other than the typical daily ones

Murloc Trader Items
    Last edited by Stoy; 2019-07-03 at 08:16 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Soo many Alliance shields! I'm sure some super fans will be very happy

Didn't they already do an auction before? Still sad to see that this probably means no more movies

Oh my god! Blizzard selling things! Company must be bankrupt! Surely this is a sign that ActiBlizz money hungry CEOs are going belly up!

10+ Year Old Account
    Some pretty cool stuff on that auction, shame it's all pricey.

That movie still bugs me a bit, so much wasted potential

10+ Year Old Account
    I am honestly thinking about bidding on some of those things. Do they allow importing to the UK? Cannot find any info/

EDIT: looked at the map and it seems to be a mix of post Cata and original Warcraft.... weird. Look at the crack on the borders of Dun Morogh for example.and the giant lake in the Wetlands which only appeared there after the dam burst.

Also I kind of like how Redridge, Searing Gorge, Blackrock Moutnain and Badlands are kind of all blend here. And love the Obsidian Forest mention too, before it was burned down.

Last edited by Orby; 2019-07-03 at 09:12 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Oh my god! Blizzard selling things! Company must be bankrupt! Surely this is a sign that ActiBlizz money hungry CEOs are going belly up!
    100% Correct.

I hope you are being sarcastic, but in any case, this stuff very likely belongs to Legendary Pictures, the production company that actually made the movie, not Blizzard.

I know this is a joke, but on a serious note: Wouldn't these things be sold by the movie company?

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    I hope you are being sarcastic, but in any case, this stuff very likely belongs to Legendary Pictures, the production company that actually made the movie, not Blizzard.
    Yes, being very sarcastic, and I figured they are owned by the production company. That said, I didn’t want to miss out on the chance to poke fun at all the people who bring up anything to get extra money means something is dead/dying/etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    I know this is a joke, but on a serious note: Wouldn't these things be sold by the movie company?
    I believe so, but as I pointed out to the other person...

Sad the movie didnt do better, we could get follow ups that will never happen now. They took too long to release it anyways, losing the moment where WoW was the top dog in the gaming industry.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefastus View Post
    Sad the movie didnt do better, we could get follow ups that will never happen now. They took too long to release it anyways, losing the moment where WoW was the top dog in the gaming industry.
    it did bad because its bad, not because "it didnt release on the right time"

the movie was flat out very bad and cringe.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    it did bad because its bad, not because "it didnt release on the right time"

the movie was flat out very bad and cringe.
    I disagree about being bad but opinions are subjetive anyways. It did release too late though, after all hype for WoW has passed.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    I disagree about being bad but opinions are subjetive anyways. It did release too late though, after all hype for WoW has passed.
    Marvel movies would like to have a world with you.

I thought they already did an auction. Must have not sold everything last time. I mean, who wants props for a movie that flopped?

Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    Marvel movies would like to have a world with you.
    Not sure what you mean.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure what you mean.
    He meant the release date. Look when Marvel released their comics and how their movies still do a lot of money "today".

Quote Originally Posted by clinophobia View Post
    He meant the release date. Look when Marvel released their comics and how their movies still do a lot of money "today".
    Well its a very diferent situation. Anything based on a game depends a lot of the momentum.

Looking through the auction, I noticed there is not a lot of Horde stuff. Like, no Horde banners or anything. And that kind of sums up one of the problems with the movie: the Horde was all CGI. Now, I understand making the ORCS computer-generated, because of their size and all that, but they made EVERYTHING about the horde CGI. The environments, the huts, the banners, everything: hence no Horde props. Had they actually constructed that stuff and then added the CGI orcs into actual environments, it might have felt less like a cartoon. Just an observation.

Well its a very diferent situation. Anything based on a game depends a lot of the momentum.
    You're not wrong about that part, but the movie was terrible anyway. Visually it had its moments, but the casting, acting, and writing were awful. Only the most diehard of fans seem able to look past these glaring failures, which is pretty telling.