Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mteq View Post
    this is the first one i hope is A) real and b) happening

sounds to good to be true though.
    Same, I dont like everything about it, but I like nearly everything about it. Not sure about Tyrande attacking the horde, but if it results in the night elves of kalimdor being xenophobic, isolationists against everyone, I'd buy it on one condition, that a counter night elf nation, broken isle based, nightborne led or centred exists as a counter for kaldorei fans that prefer the pre sundering kaldorei state with highborne, nightborne, druids and priests that look forward and wanna rebuild things like they had it before the sundering, they'd be friendly with Thalassians and humans, but more reserved and firmly determining their future but not as isolated as their kalimdor kin.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CoolOnlineDog420 View Post
    Honestly I know these piss people off but I enjoy reading them, even if I know in the back of my head that they're straight up fake. A lot of WoW fans have cool imaginations.
    Me toom although most of them are disappointing, this is actually one of the most exciting ones, and usually they dont excute me

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    The second response just shows that it's fake. Ion wasn't talking about de-pruning classes. He talked about making abilities work cross spec to have more of a class identity rather than spec identity.
    I think that is what he means by de-pruning.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    you know how you can tell this is fake?he said artefact grind system is gone,NO WAY is blizzard ever going to drop that system,its their ultimate carrot on a stick racket,its just as silly to imagine ap grind system to be gone just as it would be to imagine removing the mount shop
    It just takes another form if there is a new talent system, they can just basically call it experience points or class experience points and it progresses your abilities, there is not enough info to insist another replacement that achieves a similar progression without coming across as gimmicky doesnt exist

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    bcause it's one of the talking points... it's a cheap way to get "hell yeah" from people.
    Well, I hope Blizzard takes the hint then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Same, I dont like everything about it, but I like nearly everything about it. Not sure about Tyrande attacking the horde, but if it results in the night elves of kalimdor being xenophobic, isolationists against everyone, I'd buy it on one condition, that a counter night elf nation, broken isle based, nightborne led or centred exists as a counter for kaldorei fans that prefer the pre sundering kaldorei state with highborne, nightborne, druids and priests that look forward and wanna rebuild things like they had it before the sundering, they'd be friendly with Thalassians and humans, but more reserved and firmly determining their future but not as isolated as their kalimdor kin.
    The leak also says that they build their new home in Eldre'Thalas, which was the home of the Highborn before. Who do you think would suggest to more there? Right... Mordent Evenshade... a highborn ... and Tyrande and all the other would follow this a suggestion of an highborn... sounds really cool and unique to me.

Regarding night elfs getting xenophobic... idk if this would really happen. When they redo the leveling zones for all races to quest without faction... how would that work if they would story wise hate Orcs/Goblins/Trolls and so on.

Judging from this "leak" I guess the broken Isles will be ignored and if there will be a center of "highborn" lore beside what night elf have with Eldre'Thalas, it will be Quel'thalas.

I'm still kind of critical how this would works if there are no factions... do you fight of Orcs in Ashenvale and later get quests from Orcs to fight of Night Elfs? Or will be fights against playable factions only be agains people that are not really part of the main faction of that race. I'm not saying this is impossible but its makes it harder to writer certain stories/quests that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    The leak also says that they build their new home in Eldre'Thalas, which was the home of the Highborn before. Who do you think would suggest to more there? Right... Mordent Evenshade... a highborn ... and Tyrande and all the other would follow this a suggestion of an highborn... sounds really cool and unique to me.

Regarding night elfs getting xenophobic... idk if this would really happen. When they redo the leveling zones for all races to quest without faction... how would that work if they would story wise hate Orcs/Goblins/Trolls and so on.

Judging from this "leak" I guess the broken Isles will be ignored and if there will be a center of "highborn" lore beside what night elf have with Eldre'Thalas, it will be Quel'thalas.

I'm still kind of critical how this would works if there are no factions... do you fight of Orcs in Ashenvale and later get quests from Orcs to fight of Night Elfs? Or will be fights against playable factions only be agains people that are not really part of the main faction of that race. I'm not saying this is impossible but its makes it harder to writer certain stories/quests that makes sense.
    its back to Square 1 of vanilla and War 3, no alliance and horde involved, just racial conflict, mainly if the Tyrande betraying the alliance part to go on her own is true.

It does, and this is because I can see a Kalimdor based night elven nation, that has highbornrn in it, but the magic not being quite so visible. A beautiful city, similar to how darnassus was, but all marble like the pre-sundering cities was, with cool things happening, but the rest of the place being largely forested, think of Val'sharah and Ashenvale.

The highborne are there, because they are apart of the night elves, they are the ngiht elven or elven original magic users, and though their identity is far more strongly visible on an nation wide scale int he borekn isle lot, you see this one city as a measure.. THis is how I view it.

The interaction is based on the highborne character before the age of addiction and recklessness, but it si in light of 10k years of long vigil and overcoming addiction, so they're more cautious. Perhaps the most notable difference is the darnassian highbirhn newly raised and those who returned to being highborne, remember while tlaneted mages they would be very much nature revering, harmony orientated night elves - it's a mindset htat would differ from that of the invasion period based night elves the nightborne take after.

I can imagine the broken isle lot having the real complexity and variation in night elvenarcane society.. with nightborne, moonguard, farondis highorne etc all interacting and having differnet communities in a far more metropolitan night elf world, while kalimdor is more exclusive, and reclusive, less inclusive. They may not all be hard knock xenophobes (they will remember htose who helped them an those who didn't join the fight against htem) but they would have a harder dge against strangers that we saw, this would be absent from the Broken isle night elves.. Strangers saved the broken isle night elves, and they worked with strangers, the kalimdro night elves had strangers just cause more and more trouble for them.. I would look at it that way.

continuing on from the character of the group outlined here in my response in the earlier section , and that discussed in this topic

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-elven-nations

I hope the broken isles won't be ignored. With the nightborne not being a night elf cusotmization, and the broken isles being very Kaldorei pre-sundering orientated, especially with drudis and priests , it has the potential of being like the pre-sundering kaldorei era, that also had druids and priests, but in a modern setting.

These are actually real highborne, the kalimdor and broken isle lot. High elves aren't highborne, they are descedants of them, having a high elven culture not a highborne one. The shen'dralar, the Faornids, the nightborne - these are the highborne culture, and it's different from the high elves. Different visually, colour theme, aetshtiecally, and while there aer similarities, just like Farstriders have similarities to huntress sentinels, it is a different take. I hope this gets preserved, because if nightborne are going to carry on as a distinct customization, why not have them the centre of the broken isle night elves, whose capital is Suramar.

It doesn't really need revamping, but it can have storeis and quests, they already have non-ruined versions of both Tel'anor, Nar'thalas in Azsuna, and many of the other places with ruins, just have those versions there and write the story of that section being a different night elven nation dominated by the nightborne. For emphasis, I would have a restored Prince Farondis as leader of the nation, with Thalyssra leading the city of Suramar, and other order and regional leaders around.

That's how i'd do it.

After reading the other topic, I really think that night elf fans would like this approach, because the Kalimdor nation would be free to continue its long vigil style focus, more in the WC3 frame, with a little but not too much magecraft as that is only a recently returned element, while the broken isles is for those who really want a lot more of the pre-sundering nighte lf world, with a lot of high afcane magic, but some druidsm and elunism too.. they are night elves, this is is how they are different from Thalassians.. they have Elune, wild gods which they all rever/worship, nature and the goddess play a large role, their arcane is moon and star based etc. And well the two different locations with everything centarilised makes this possible

you can't have the Nightborne without the night elves, they are part of the kaldorei legacy, and what I feel they should do is have the nightborne lead that pre-sundering elemnt, cos they are exactly that taken a few stages forward, while the Eldre'thalas ones, are about 1,000 years behind in terms of redevvlopment as their city fell ot ruin and is only now being reclaimed.

I think you would be able to fight whoever you want. most enemies would be local to the zone or area, so if it's the warsong clan coming against you, that's y whoy ou fight, becauset here is no faction you can easily have beef with the orcs but not with Tauren, in fact you can have beef with some orc clans but not others.

As for gettingquests from orcs to fight night elves etc, I believe that would be your choice, you can do every quest, but remember your reputation is important, so you want to not do some, or have some inaccessible ify our reputation drops with that group below neutral, I think that's hwo they should play it.

The player is also a free agent. While the races have their groups and allegainces, you as a night elf for example don't have to be loyal to the kalimdor lor, or the broken isle lot, you could be free agenet, associated ith the Cenarion circle if you like or the kirin'tor or just a loner, helping people in various lands against what you consider the aggressor.

It is likely the race hating would go down a bit, but I would like to see kaldorei repuatation hard to get for non-kaldorei, and to see them attack people aggressively unless they've come to trust them.
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2019-07-13 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Anax View Post
    What do you think the new class might be, speculation.
    My guess would be something to do with the void or titan related. As for how that will manifest... I really don't know. I called DK, I called Monk, and I called DH in their respective expansions along with calling that Azshara wouldn't get her own xpac, it would be a patch or two.

I don't guess unless I'm pretty sure. I don't want to break my streak.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Quote Originally Posted by PelinalWhitestrake View Post
    its back to Square 1 of vanilla and War 3, no alliance and horde involved, just racial conflict, mainly if the Tyrande betraying the alliance part to go on her own is true.
    Yeh. that's what Tyrande's actions lead too.. a isolationist night elf nation.

Remember this poll?
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...de-it-possible

See how many people want a xenophobic night elf group not part of any alliance but standing on their own?

Now also watch how many people want nightborne friendly with their Kaldorei kin too.. now imagine if the broken isles was it's own nation of night elves led by nightborne and night elves of the area. This group allows you to have the sort of night elf that is off the arcane heritage of the kaldorei empire, whether he is nightborne toon or night elf toon, and off course the pre-sundering kaldorei empire had druids and priests very much integeral too it, remember it was only durin ghte invasion period that druidsm had sort of phased out thanks to the arcane obsession, but remember it was originally part of the pre-sundering kaldorei, and this iswhaty ou will have agiani n the broken isle. This group would be more open, collaborate, probably lead the world in the arcane as it once did, especially with Dalaran there and Nart'halas resroterd, The elves won't be super open, but they'd be more cosmopolitan than the kalimdor lot and it would have the pre-sundering feel ot it, while kalimdor would have the long vigil feel ot it,e ven though it would have it's own highborne.

They won't be enemies, just different nations. Kalidmor really only trusting those who prove themselves. there is overlap as this topic describes so well

cos it's the one druid order (though different branches) and the one order of elune (though differnet branches in the tow nations)
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-elven-nations

THink of it like if humans can have nations, shouldn't surprise you that night elves do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    My guess would be something to do with the void or titan related. As for how that will manifest... I really don't know. I called DK, I called Monk, and I called DH in their respective expansions along with calling that Azshara wouldn't get her own xpac, it would be a patch or two.

I don't guess unless I'm pretty sure. I don't want to break my streak.
    There is also the possibility of class identities.. So you design one class, and give it 2 identities. One is the tinker, the other is like a locus walker.

Let me explain... it's the same mechanics, just differnet names and visuals. In fact you can actually give the playstyle of many missing class combos to certain races by just given a class a new identity for that race.

Take the shaman playstyle right, elves can't be shaman, but if you redress the shaman as a Arcane Elementalist - where these elves use the arcane to produce the elements instead of elemnetals, and instead of totems, they have focusing objects (stars for night elves/nightborne, and void crystals for void elves, sun dials for blood/high elves ) etc, that's a new identity using the shaman class. and bingo you have a new class but it's one that uses the shaman playstyle..

further things can be done, wihy not redress Priests for moon priests? change colours of certain spells and their names to fit the race theme of a moon priest, it's still a priest, same mechanics, just different spell names fo the moon priest

THey can use that both to provide many more missing lore classes as well as classes like rangers, mountaineer,s moon priests, blademasters people have wanted to play, and they can acutally offer new classes like the Tinker more options for toher races.. so while Gnomesa nd Goblins only can play the TInker, that same calss ahs an identity as a locus walker which void elves, night elves, nightborne, orcs, forsaken, blood elves can all use. but its one new class

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't doubt that they might add another class. I just think Tinker is one of the worst fitting classes possible. There is almost no basis for it in the game beyond a profession (which admittedly does need some love) and a goofy, unimportant hero unit in WCIII. Riding around on a robot shooting missiles is a stupid concept for a game like this. The new classes have always CLOSELY related to the theme of the expansion, and I doubt 'tinker' will fit in with whatever the next expansion brings. The only way I think they could swing it is if they lean into Titan technology, which is possible due to the way the story is advancing. But if they go that route, I think 'tinker' would be a REALLY lame way to integrate titan tech. Outside of the mechagnome npcs, you don't really see many 'goofy robot' titan things, and that's the only way you could use a name like 'tinker'. I could see a variant of the idea around 'piloting' a suit of advanced robotic gear (salvaged titan tech maybe?). There is precedent for that, harvesterbots for goblins, various robotic suits for gnomes (gnomeregan boss for example). It would also create an opportunity to branch out and create something cool and thematically relevant without just caving to the 'STEAMPUNK GOOD' crowd. I don't know why I draw such a distinction between riding a robot and piloting a suit, but riding a robot just sounds hokey whereas piloting a suit ironman style sounds reasonable if done right.

I won't completely discount it because they are running out of niches to fill, so they may turn to that... but if they do, they are doing so because they can't think of anything else.
    You're forgetting that both Goblin and Gnome faction leaders are pretty much acting like Tinkers, and the Blizzard has already merged the Tinker hero from HotS (Gazlowe) into WoW with Island Expedition teams that have his abilities. Further, Helix Blackfuse and Gelbin Mekkatorque have already laid the foundation for a Tinker class. The concept of a Goblin or Gnome riding around and fighting in a mech suit sounds really appealing to a lot of people, and honestly after Demon Hunters I think the player base wants something that's a lot different than our current class lineup.

As for the Titan-tech tie-in, it's definitely possible. Blackfuse repurposed Titan and Legion tech, and I have little doubt that Mekkatorque couldn't do the same thing. It's a possibility that a Tinker class' mechs could utilize reverse engineered Titan-based tech to fight the old Gods. Also if the factions are really dissolving, a sharing of technology between Goblins and Gnomes could intensify, making such a class even more probable.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Almost certainly 90% fake, but I derive the most amusement from the nay-sayers who simply point to tinkers being the reason it is fake.

Tinkers are one of the few pieces in this "leak" that are very likely to be true. It fits fine into the lore of this world, works well with the recent Mechagon addition, and resolves the gap in both ranged DPS and mail wearer that we have today.

7+ Year Old Account
    "When Arthas returns..."

Yeah...

No.

Although some other of those fake leak points would be rather interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by shuubu View Post
    I literally just said any post cata xpack. None of the xpacks in this decade have been leaked this way.
    Except Warlords of Draenor and a lot of BFA...?

Cata as far as I know was the most egregious and major leak we ever got, as all major details and even the new zones were all leaked entirely, but every single expansion has been leaked to some capacity. Dunno if they all originated on 4chan, obviously, but I think that's pretty much beside the point.

- - - Updated - - -

I called DK, I called Monk, and I called DH in their respective expansions
    Dude that is some GALAXY BRAIN prediction right there.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Almost certainly 90% fake, but I derive the most amusement from the nay-sayers who simply point to tinkers being the reason it is fake.

Tinkers are one of the few pieces in this "leak" that are very likely to be true. It fits fine into the lore of this world, works well with the recent Mechagon addition, and resolves the gap in both ranged DPS and mail wearer that we have today.
    There have been leaks involving tinkers every expansion for like 4 expansions now and people say the same thing you're saying now.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Quote Originally Posted by OneWhoIsMany View Post
    "When Arthas returns..."

Yeah... No.
    I thought the same at first, but if this expansion does head into the Shadowlands, seeing Arthas again is actually more likely indeed. It wouldn't require a full resurrection and return onto Azeroth as Scourge leader. It could just be his soul in the Shadowlands. Sure, the denizens of the Shadowlands could be dangerous to us. But that doesn't have to make them huge villains. It would be unlikely for them not to bring back some old threats, if that's where we're headed.

5+ Year Old Account
    No monks for goblins? That's disappointing, if true.

7+ Year Old Account
    Fake news as always especially the Allied races becoming customization options are you for real LUL

If there is a real leak, the best strategy for blizzard is to leak a lot of fake informations.
    Rinse and repeat. For the rewards. Send even more turtles into the water.

15+ Year Old Account
    lol @ "no more factions"

Dream on, kiddos.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Skinner View Post
    If there is a real leak, the best strategy for blizzard is to leak a lot of fake informations.
    seem rushed action indeed

seems like the lead about shadowlands in geniuine

think about all them redemption arcs and reunitie arcs possible with all those reused dead heroes.

plus they could literaly make this fanbase heaven with all important chars returnign in form of ghosts starting with Arthras&Jaina reuinte

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    seems like the lead about shadowlands in geniuine
    The shadowlands leak isn't real, pyro is just being baited into thinking it's real because one of the other leaks is real.

Quote Originally Posted by znushu View Post
    The shadowlands leak isn't real, pyro is just being baited into thinking it's real because one of the other leaks is real.
    if the Worgen Armor looks like what the guy said, then we can confirm that this is true.