Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1
    Bloodsail Admiral Proper Ninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    1,145

    class updates and balances.

    i see that all the other classes get tuned often but blizz never pays attention to rogue hardly? all i care about is rogue gets attention and receives updates to fix; make the class fun to play. nerfing rogue doesn't matter anymore because the classes adjacent to rogue are all over powered by far. rogues come in last place on the race. does blizzard know how to cultivate a good game anymore or has they lost it with their creative process gone out the window. this is all serious because i play a class that doesn't get updated ever. blizzards just in the business of shaming people off now. what the hell is going on..
    Last edited by Proper Ninja; 2019-07-21 at 11:13 AM.

  2. #2
    Rogue is literally always top tier, if it's not i'll note it down now because thats probably a fucking first.
    Fan reaction was muted, but fan's reactions at BlizzCon confirmed Diablo Immortal will be well received by players around the world.
    "Do you guys not have phones?"
    "You think you do, but you don't"

  3. #3
    Bloodsail Admiral Proper Ninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    1,145
    it is very depressing never seeing any updates or changes coming for rogue. i spend a lot of money on wow just for my rogue main and i never see any updates or new stuff coming. i play rogue subtlety not sure if that helps but my rogue is constantly playing catch up with gear and i never get to see any raids ever anymore. mostly because i don't get invited to any raids. if rogue is a class supported then please support the class.
    Last edited by Proper Ninja; 2019-07-19 at 02:21 AM.

  4. #4
    Rogues got a new spec...you know that aye?

    What class is getting exciting changes and updates that you are envious of?

  5. #5
    Mechagnome Kemsa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Pandaria
    Posts
    533
    After the surgery that Combat got, i think (personally i play rogue) Blizzard looks at rogues and sees that they are fine depending on "the content".
    For example Assa will always be the safe option for new rogues, good damage not so hard, diferent taste of builds. Good in raid and m+
    Outlaw its the "super fun spec but with rng style" be a pirate, good range good in dungeons and m +, raids i cant say that you will be top everytime, but you can outdps a lot of other classes, if you are consistent off course.

    and then you have the black sheep, the unwanted. Subtlety. The one spec that has a identity problem, really good in pvp, standard in dungeons, m+ and well Blizzard doesnt like them very much in raid enviroments (zul cof cof).

    Blizzard do some Hotfixes and small changes to roguees based on our power in content, so if you dont see too much about rogues, its because.... they actually cared a lot of use or they got lucky with the numbers in the class blance

  6. #6
    Bloodsail Admiral Proper Ninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    1,145
    have you noticed how many times rogues die? its like a train hit them. my rogue dies too much and that is really annoying to play a class that dies so frequently.

  7. #7
    The Lightbringer Dr Assbandit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,692
    Quote Originally Posted by Thieves cant View Post
    have you noticed how many times rogues die? its like a train hit them. my rogue dies too much and that is really annoying to play a class that dies so frequently.
    Not to sound rude but that honestly is a you problem as I hardly have trouble surviving as a Rogue when I don't take any avoidable damage. Complaining about Rogues when they are doing fine by any number of margins just sounds petulant and childish.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

    I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Thieves cant View Post
    have you noticed how many times rogues die? its like a train hit them. my rogue dies too much and that is really annoying to play a class that dies so frequently.
    90% sure this is a really bad troll
    But ill play along
    you do realise rogues are one of (the only if i recall) dps spec that has a "cheat death mechanic"? literally goes by the same name aswell

    not only is assa a top tier melee, its also pretty foolproof when it comes to survivng

    inc AOE dmg? afk let cheat death proc?
    dont wanna waste that, press cloak every 2 minutes to survive almost all raid dmg in the game
    dont have cloak? feint, a better defensive than most classes can get a hold of, on a 15 second cooldown


    rogues are almost always the top tier melee, so its a L2P issue

  9. #9
    What... What's so wrong with Rogues? They could use some love, sure, but I certainly wouldn't have any Rogue specs in my top 10 specs that need attention.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Thieves cant View Post
    have you noticed how many times rogues die? its like a train hit them. my rogue dies too much and that is really annoying to play a class that dies so frequently.
    Noone has noticed this. This is why you don't get invited to raids. I suggest a name change as everyone obviously knows you are a bad. Or quit. No one really cares that much if you play or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Thieves cant View Post
    have you noticed how many times rogues die? its like a train hit them. my rogue dies too much and that is really annoying to play a class that dies so frequently.
    Think you're just trash
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

  12. #12
    Subtlety Rogue has massive problems with mechanics, identity, ClassFantasyTM, and gameplay that is boring compared to its previous design.

    None of the major problems are related to tuning, damage, balance, etc.
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

  13. #13
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Vienna
    Posts
    1,017
    Quote Originally Posted by Thieves cant View Post
    have you noticed how many times rogues die? its like a train hit them. my rogue dies too much and that is really annoying to play a class that dies so frequently.
    so because u are unable to play the class its blizzards fault? rogue is almost always top tier be itpve/pvp... learn to play or stop playing rogue

  14. #14
    High Overlord Atraxxa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    FL, USA
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by Thieves cant View Post
    i see that all the other classes get tuned often but blizz never pays attention to rogue hardly? all i care about is rogue gets attention and receives updates to fix; make the class fun to play. nerfing rogue doesn't matter anymore because the classes adjacent to rogue are all over powered by far. rogues come in last place on the race. does blizzard know how to cultivate a good game anymore or has they lost it with their creative process gone out the window. this is all serious because i play a class that doesn't get updated ever. blizzards just in the business of pissing people off now. what the hell is going on..
    What are you even going on about? All 3 specs are fun and unique, 2 of them are extremely good and currently being played in world first race. We are powerhouses in M+. I don't even comprehend what you are trying to say. If the spec are performing really well why would you want them updated and bring in the possibility of making them shit tier? Either troll thread or just dumb....
    You asked a question and I gave you the answer. You might not agree with or fully understand the answer, but, it is correct because of reasons.”

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Thieves cant View Post
    have you noticed how many times rogues die? its like a train hit them. my rogue dies too much and that is really annoying to play a class that dies so frequently.
    then you're shit, not being mean here but rogues survival in high end PvE has always been top tier.

    this thread basically sounds like a massive L2P issue and you're just not good enough to play one, try watching some top rogues, try checking logs etc.
    Fan reaction was muted, but fan's reactions at BlizzCon confirmed Diablo Immortal will be well received by players around the world.
    "Do you guys not have phones?"
    "You think you do, but you don't"

  16. #16
    High Overlord Atraxxa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    FL, USA
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    then you're shit, not being mean here but rogues survival in high end PvE has always been top tier.

    this thread basically sounds like a massive L2P issue and you're just not good enough to play one, try watching some top rogues, try checking logs etc.
    Couldn't agree more with this post, def a L2P issue, I would imagine you are not positioning correctly, using defensives at the right times or even at all. Between vial, evasion, feint, cloak and our amazing movement abilities not to mention Cheat Death we have one of the largest toolkits to avoid death. So its either learn the class or you are about 340ilvl and are getting one shot by everything in which case the answer is play the game.
    You asked a question and I gave you the answer. You might not agree with or fully understand the answer, but, it is correct because of reasons.”

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Atraxxa View Post
    All 3 specs are fun and unique
    No they aren't.

    Subtlety is a one dimensional, pruned, gaudy, hamfisted, low-brow, Fisher-Price cheap shot bot.

    Shadow Dance, once the most exciting cooldown in the entire history of WoW, reduced to a mundane rotational button.

    Subtlety was once the most legendary and iconic PvP spec in WoW history, for an entire decade, and look at what they have done to it now. Spec fantasy that has no connection at all to the history of the spec or the greater class. Gameplay redesigned for PvE first, in a class that already had great PvE options. It's absolutely sickening what they've done to it.

    And before you say "If you want a classic Rogue feel go play assassination" no thank you I'd rather watch paint dry than play the 4 button frost DK of Rogue specs. Assassination gameplay: 1. stick to target, 2. do your rotation, 3. press kidney shot at the correct time. Wow, so challenging and fun! /s

    "But this isn't a PvP game" Subtlety Rogue has been a PvP first spec for its entire history before Legion trashed it. We, PvP Rogues, demand to get it back.

    I can't imagine being clueless enough to think that Subtlety is now "more unique" just because it has some disgusting overstated purple particle effects and a gaudy new spec fantasy that has nothing at all to do with Subtlety's history. What an ignorant, superficial point of view.
    Last edited by shoegazing; 2019-07-19 at 01:57 PM.
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Thieves cant View Post
    have you noticed how many times rogues die? its like a train hit them. my rogue dies too much and that is really annoying to play a class that dies so frequently.
    I dont want to be rude dude, but I dont die frequently. I fact, I would say that I dont die often and Im not even talented into Cheat Death. Sounds to me you should learn the habit of using your defensive cooldowns. They are there for a reason.

  19. #19
    High Overlord Atraxxa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    FL, USA
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    No they aren't.

    Subtlety is a one dimensional, pruned, gaudy, hamfisted, low-brow, Fisher-Price cheap shot bot.

    Shadow Dance, once the most exciting cooldown in the entire history of WoW, reduced to a mundane rotational button.

    Subtlety was once the most legendary and iconic PvP spec in WoW history, for an entire decade, and look at what they have done to it now. Spec fantasy that has no connection at all to the history of the spec or the greater class. Gameplay redesigned for PvE first, in a class that already had great PvE options. It's absolutely sickening what they've done to it.

    And before you say "If you want a classic Rogue feel go play assassination" no thank you I'd rather watch paint dry than play the 4 button frost DK of Rogue specs. Assassination gameplay: 1. stick to target, 2. do your rotation, 3. press kidney shot at the correct time. Wow, so challenging and fun! /s

    "But this isn't a PvP game" Subtlety Rogue has been a PvP first spec for its entire history before Legion trashed it. We, PvP Rogues, demand to get it back.

    I can't imagine being clueless enough to think that Subtlety is now "more unique" just because it has some disgusting overstated purple particle effects and a gaudy new spec fantasy that has nothing at all to do with Subtlety's history. What an ignorant, superficial point of view.
    Yea I should have put a small disclaimer to indicate that Shoegazing would completely disagree with me on this SUb part, my apologies :P
    You asked a question and I gave you the answer. You might not agree with or fully understand the answer, but, it is correct because of reasons.”

  20. #20
    Damage wise the class is fine and has been fine for several expansions now.

    What I would like to see is talent tuning. For example, dispatch could be a really cool ability. Actually changes the rotation a bit and adds another button to the combo bar. But the dps is so far behind no one takes it. Same thing with slice and dice for outlaw. This ability has been notoriously bad since outlaws creation (with the exception of Nighthold and a specific trinket combo). Talents are supposed to be interesting. Instead they are cookie cutter. Although I feel like all classes probably have this problem.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •