Thread: Tidal Storm

Tidal Storm

I was in a farm raid for Trees in Naz and I encountered this Sin rogue who was doing a lot more damage than their poor gear choices should have allowed. When I checked on Details, their lead spell was Tidal Storm (Tidal Storm Link.
    Now this isn't the same as the Tidal Storm from Shaman abilities, it's a different Icon, the spell I linked is the correct one.
    This was their lead spell with I believe Rupture being number 2. Their gear wasn't really fantastic, I think they had 1x Shroud, 1x Engy ability, Undulating Tides,... and they were pulling around 24k dps.

But Tidal Storm was doing a huge amount of that damage, and I'm curious as to what is causing it, if anyone has run into it. I don't think it's Undulating Tides, because the tooltip for Tidal Storm doesn't match what UT does. They were also using Lucid Dreams for Maj Azerite.

The only thing I could think is it may be related to the healer follower which I haven't used yet. Regardless does anyone know what is doing this, and why it's doing so much damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tidal Storm is one of the follower abilities.

7+ Year Old Account
    This literally just happen'd to me, this noob warrior and I were 1v1ing and Tidal Storm hit me for 25k-40k 3 times like ???? comon Blizzard why do bodyguards do that amount of damage in WPvP?

You want to promote WPvP but you make the bodyguards do more damage than the players?

Quote Originally Posted by mostvp71 View Post
    This literally just happen'd to me, this noob warrior and I were 1v1ing and Tidal Storm hit me for 25k-40k 3 times like ???? comon Blizzard why do bodyguards do that amount of damage in WPvP?

You want to promote WPvP but you make the bodyguards do more damage than the players?
    I think that they should've nerfed their abilities damage by like 50% in WPvP.