Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ...
    People underestimate just how easy WoW has become over a decade or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    You could have done the same sort of MC clear when it was current content.
    You don't know this.

There is one fact people are ignoring. When classic WoW was released, it was not patch 1.12. Talents were different, and a lot of classes didn't have certain abilities. Example: Druids Innervate. A lot of people even admit the 1.12 talent system makes MC too easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    You don't know this.

There is one fact people are ignoring. When classic WoW was released, it was not patch 1.12. Talents were different, and a lot of classes didn't have certain abilities. Example: Druids Innervate. A lot of people even admit the 1.12 talent system makes MC too easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    The addition of extra debuffs allowed on target and other things certainly made it much easier to do and why they could do it in week 1 with a partial group and so many under level so effortlessly. People were still doing partial group runs and things like that when it was current content. People were well aware the early stuff was going to be much easier than I would have been 15 years ago though. Both the wealth of knowledge and the raids going live in a patch that they werent meant for.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

1.12 updates to mechanics and classes, ~15 years of knowledge of the fights/playing these classes/etc and there were still people who expected T1 to pose any kind of challenge?
    The amount of people who are supposedly over WoW/hate WoW, yet continue to spend every day of their lives whining about it here on the forums, never fails to astound me.

Obsession is bad, kids!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    You are missing a lot of nuances, for example we are on patch 1.12 - that includes a rather long list of buffs for just about everyone vs 1.0 fresh, you have layering aoe leveling, then of course 15 years of knowledge
    I left all of that out intentionally. I think it'd be impossible to list everything that contributes to killing Rag 30 times faster. What you've got there is probably the bulk of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    You don't know this.

Even <APES> said that other realms are much, much better tuned lmao.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.
    Classic+ Retune/New Boss Abilities >>> #nochanges crowd

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyw View Post
    I didnt believe it could be done. More because it would require sooo many people to get like 2 hours of sleep a night. I underestimated the dedication some have to speed running. I sure as hell could never ever do this. Impressive as fuck.
    Account sharing. Having a horde of players farming materials to pass off to the raid team. Layering abuse. It really isn't that difficult if you have the help of dozens of other non-raiding players

Welp, they did it. Im not privy to all the details of HOW they did it (I don't really care tbh) but they did it. I guess I should of expected people to level much faster than Jo did.

Pages and pages of continues tears about 1.12 and 16 debuff slots, that keep showing how fucking clueless people are even for the most basic things.

Its the knowledge you numbskulls, shit was this easy back then too, you were just 200000% worse at gaming and the info werent given to you by a someone with a hobby of creating guides so you can claim everything is "easy nowadays".

With your same retarded 0 knowledge logic, Weapon Normalization at October 2005 lost every Physical attacking class a good 30% of their damage dealt, which means any clears of MC/BWL by then had more DPS, but yeah, it doesnt fit your narrative so it magically gets ignored.

I still remember logging off, hitting for 2.2-2.3k with zerker buff in my honor farming group, and the next day i could barely do 1.5-1.6K on the same exact priest, with the same exact conditions, and i had been hitting that poor human priest for the past month, yay for premade vs premade xD.

It took full AQ40/Naxx/C'thun Axe to see the same numbers, literally a year after.
    Last edited by potis; 2019-09-07 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    Even <APES> said that other realms are much, much better tuned lmao.
    That's because Blizzard failed pretty hard with certain things. When we went into MC, hounds were breathing 360 degrees and surgers charging tanks. It was a clusterfuck.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Account sharing. Having a horde of players farming materials to pass off to the raid team. Layering abuse. It really isn't that difficult if you have the help of dozens of other non-raiding players
    We didn't account share. Unnecessary.

Yes, we had lots of guild members helping / doing specific tasks.

Layer "abuse" wasn't really a big deal, it shaved off an hour or two from the Hydraxian farm but that was it. We leveled in dungeons.

Overall, everyone knew the challenge wouldn't be the actual raid, but everything around it. Onyxia barely even Deep Breaths here.

I am Murloc!
    Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    Just here to tell you, that you were very clearly wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Just here to tell you, you were very wrong.
    Uh, I wasn't making an assertion. I was just throwing out joanas record. Be a douche elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    That's because Blizzard failed pretty hard with certain things. When we went into MC, hounds were breathing 360 degrees and surgers charging tanks. It was a clusterfuck.

- - - Updated - - -

We didn't account share. Unnecessary.

Yes, we had lots of guild members helping / doing specific tasks.

Layer "abuse" wasn't really a big deal, it shaved off an hour or two from the Hydraxian farm but that was it. We leveled in dungeons.

Overall, everyone knew the challenge wouldn't be the actual raid, but everything around it. Onyxia barely even Deep Breaths here.
    Of course you would't admit to account sharing.. it's against ToS.

But thank you for being honest about how it was done.

This wasn't a thing in Vanilla, because no one knew what was needed or how it could be accomplished. Nor was having a plethora of players contribute to the effort in order to say they were a part of it.

No, this is one of those unfortunate inevitable "changes" that Classic has to suffer.

But in the end... only a very small portion of the playerbase has killed Rag.... and in a couple months... only a few percent more will have.

Your achievement... and the sacrifice to get it... is impressive and well deserved... but it doesn't diminish Classic for me one iota. The game is an absolute blast... and the fact that people flew through the game to do this doesn't make the game any less so.

As far as my characters are concerned... and the immersion I feel playing them... Rag isn't dead. He is still in Molten Core causing mayhem... and I must struggle to step up to the challenge and one day.. defeat him.

Best of luck with the upcoming content... I have no doubts you will expeditiously clear it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Pages and pages of continues tears about 1.12 and 16 debuff slots, that keep showing how fucking clueless people are even for the most basic things.

Its the knowledge you numbskulls, shit was this easy back then too, you were just 200000% worse at gaming and the info werent given to you by a someone with a hobby of creating guides so you can claim everything is "easy nowadays".

With your same retarded 0 knowledge logic, Weapon Normalization at October 2005 lost every Physical attacking class a good 30% of their damage dealt, which means any clears of MC/BWL by then had more DPS, but yeah, it doesnt fit your narrative so it magically gets ignored.

I still remember logging off, hitting for 2.2-2.3k with zerker buff in my honor farming group, and the next day i could barely do 1.5-1.6K on the same exact priest, with the same exact conditions, and i had been hitting that poor human priest for the past month, yay for premade vs premade xD.

It took full AQ40/Naxx/C'thun Axe to see the same numbers, literally a year after.
    30% of nothing is nothing.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.
    Classic+ Retune/New Boss Abilities >>> #nochanges crowd