Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyw View Post
    I didnt believe it could be done. More because it would require sooo many people to get like 2 hours of sleep a night. I underestimated the dedication some have to speed running. I sure as hell could never ever do this. Impressive as fuck.
    Account sharing. Having a horde of players farming materials to pass off to the raid team. Layering abuse. It really isn't that difficult if you have the help of dozens of other non-raiding players

Welp, they did it. Im not privy to all the details of HOW they did it (I don't really care tbh) but they did it. I guess I should of expected people to level much faster than Jo did.

Pages and pages of continues tears about 1.12 and 16 debuff slots, that keep showing how fucking clueless people are even for the most basic things.

Its the knowledge you numbskulls, shit was this easy back then too, you were just 200000% worse at gaming and the info werent given to you by a someone with a hobby of creating guides so you can claim everything is "easy nowadays".

With your same retarded 0 knowledge logic, Weapon Normalization at October 2005 lost every Physical attacking class a good 30% of their damage dealt, which means any clears of MC/BWL by then had more DPS, but yeah, it doesnt fit your narrative so it magically gets ignored.

I still remember logging off, hitting for 2.2-2.3k with zerker buff in my honor farming group, and the next day i could barely do 1.5-1.6K on the same exact priest, with the same exact conditions, and i had been hitting that poor human priest for the past month, yay for premade vs premade xD.

It took full AQ40/Naxx/C'thun Axe to see the same numbers, literally a year after.
    Last edited by potis; 2019-09-07 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    Even <APES> said that other realms are much, much better tuned lmao.
    That's because Blizzard failed pretty hard with certain things. When we went into MC, hounds were breathing 360 degrees and surgers charging tanks. It was a clusterfuck.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Account sharing. Having a horde of players farming materials to pass off to the raid team. Layering abuse. It really isn't that difficult if you have the help of dozens of other non-raiding players
    We didn't account share. Unnecessary.

Yes, we had lots of guild members helping / doing specific tasks.

Layer "abuse" wasn't really a big deal, it shaved off an hour or two from the Hydraxian farm but that was it. We leveled in dungeons.

Overall, everyone knew the challenge wouldn't be the actual raid, but everything around it. Onyxia barely even Deep Breaths here.

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    Just here to tell you, that you were very clearly wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Just here to tell you, you were very wrong.
    Uh, I wasn't making an assertion. I was just throwing out joanas record. Be a douche elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    That's because Blizzard failed pretty hard with certain things. When we went into MC, hounds were breathing 360 degrees and surgers charging tanks. It was a clusterfuck.

- - - Updated - - -

We didn't account share. Unnecessary.

Yes, we had lots of guild members helping / doing specific tasks.

Layer "abuse" wasn't really a big deal, it shaved off an hour or two from the Hydraxian farm but that was it. We leveled in dungeons.

Overall, everyone knew the challenge wouldn't be the actual raid, but everything around it. Onyxia barely even Deep Breaths here.
    Of course you would't admit to account sharing.. it's against ToS.

But thank you for being honest about how it was done.

This wasn't a thing in Vanilla, because no one knew what was needed or how it could be accomplished. Nor was having a plethora of players contribute to the effort in order to say they were a part of it.

No, this is one of those unfortunate inevitable "changes" that Classic has to suffer.

But in the end... only a very small portion of the playerbase has killed Rag.... and in a couple months... only a few percent more will have.

Your achievement... and the sacrifice to get it... is impressive and well deserved... but it doesn't diminish Classic for me one iota. The game is an absolute blast... and the fact that people flew through the game to do this doesn't make the game any less so.

As far as my characters are concerned... and the immersion I feel playing them... Rag isn't dead. He is still in Molten Core causing mayhem... and I must struggle to step up to the challenge and one day.. defeat him.

Best of luck with the upcoming content... I have no doubts you will expeditiously clear it as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Pages and pages of continues tears about 1.12 and 16 debuff slots, that keep showing how fucking clueless people are even for the most basic things.

Its the knowledge you numbskulls, shit was this easy back then too, you were just 200000% worse at gaming and the info werent given to you by a someone with a hobby of creating guides so you can claim everything is "easy nowadays".

With your same retarded 0 knowledge logic, Weapon Normalization at October 2005 lost every Physical attacking class a good 30% of their damage dealt, which means any clears of MC/BWL by then had more DPS, but yeah, it doesnt fit your narrative so it magically gets ignored.

I still remember logging off, hitting for 2.2-2.3k with zerker buff in my honor farming group, and the next day i could barely do 1.5-1.6K on the same exact priest, with the same exact conditions, and i had been hitting that poor human priest for the past month, yay for premade vs premade xD.

It took full AQ40/Naxx/C'thun Axe to see the same numbers, literally a year after.
    30% of nothing is nothing.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by jiih View Post
    not really its the same believing as of needed fire resistance for rag ;P

+ this time its already known in advance what is needed for anything so even these raids will be cleared WF within few hours after opening
    True, resistance gear is not really used in classic, DPS is to high to even consider it

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Some random low post count kid thinks people are going to not sleep for 7 days straight, beat the world record speedrun for leveling(while ignoring the massive amount of competition for leveling and pvp ganking), get attuned for MC, get honored or higher for the water elementals, clear 10 bosses in quest greens, and have tanks with adequate fire resist gear to tank rag. All within a single week. They're also going to be ignoring Ony because that requires everyone to have the neck. Which is a lengthy quest chain that chews into the race to kill rag.

No, this isn't going to happen first week. You're delusional.

You think you're important enough for me to come back and gloat to when it doesn't happen? That's rich, kid.
    hey there friend how are you doing

Quote Originally Posted by jiih View Post
    hey there friend how are you doing
    Ahahahahaha. "Classic will be hardcore, just wait and see! " I love how all those statements were shattered into pieces in less than a week from launch

they used a bug where you get max xp in a raid party. they leveled in huge groups in dungeons. blizzard later fixed this bug but the damage was done.
    imagine doing scarlet monastary with a 40 man group ... and full xp ...

and for many expansions ragnaros had the the most days when released for a world first kill.

and for people laughing with the 1 week kill, dont look back in history like that. it is the same as calling people driving a car in 1920 with the speed of 25km stupid when they say it is a fast car ...
    Last edited by lianzhu; 2020-06-08 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lianzhu View Post
    they used a bug where you get max xp in a raid party. they leveled in huge groups in dungeons. blizzard later fixed this bug but the damage was done.
    imagine doing scarlet monastary with a 40 man group ... and full xp ...

and for many expansions ragnaros had the the most days when released for a world first kill.

and for people laughing with the 1 week kill, dont look back in history like that. it is the same as calling people driving a car in 1920 with the speed of 25km stupid when they say it is a fast car ...
    They went as 10 ppl, not 40. other than that the xp/hour in those 10 man groups were not massively different than 10 man, the point is u can help out people who cant setup proper grps, or play shit classes like rogues for dungeon levelling. overall the exploit had 0 effect on the time that raggy died, and even if it did, we had 3 days to spare, not exactly like doing 5-10 man grps in ZF sped up the levelling by 3 days