How do you find people for doing group content as feral druid?

I've tried pugging but it often ends up in a disaster, I don't have a guild and I want to do mythic plus or even raid more frequently than done with pugs but it seems like nobody wants to recruit a feral druid. How would I go about finding people who would want a feral druid?

Quote Originally Posted by Janna View Post
    I've tried pugging but it often ends up in a disaster, I don't have a guild and I want to do mythic plus or even raid more frequently than done with pugs but it seems like nobody wants to recruit a feral druid. How would I go about finding people who would want a feral druid?
    Make your own groups.

In TBC, I would look for people who played specs that were out of favor and group them all together. They often were VERY happy to get an invite and gave extra effort because of it.

I'd start by looking at this list and scanning for specs in the bottom of the DPS chart.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/21/

In general, I think finding enhancement shaman, unholy DKs, arcane mages, feral druids, demon hunter tanks, resto shamans would be some good bets to fill out your group.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Make your own groups.
    Doesn't work. I put my own key up and was waiting for over 30 minutes before I just stopped looking for people, nobody applied to the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Janna View Post
    Doesn't work. I put my own key up and was waiting for over 30 minutes before I just stopped looking for people, nobody applied to the group.
    The tool is awful, especially for your needs. You'll need to scout specifically for the classes I mentioned and then actually send them whispers to join your group. Expect about 30% of them to be rude or insulted, just grow a thick skin, drop them on a blacklist and move on.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Run m+ as a tank or healer, until you get semi decent score, then start looking for groups as feral.

I did that with my shaman - farmed rio score as resto, and now when my score is decent, I get easily invited as enhance too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The tool is awful, especially for your needs. You'll need to scout specifically for the classes I mentioned and then actually send them whispers to join your group. Expect about 30% of them to be rude or insulted, just grow a thick skin, drop them on a blacklist and move on.
    What? Are you suggesting they just start asking random people sitting around town or doing dailies, and then "blacklist" them if they say no?

That's a bit weird if so. Otherwise the issue isn't the tool, it's that any dps making a group for a key is just going to go painfully, especially if it's a low key.

If they want to do M+ or raid, I'd advise either doing what melzas said, or even try random pug groups for raids. If you perform well, you might get invited if they're recruiting. That's how I got around places even when I was playing ret, either I pugged in or I knew someone in the guild, and the guild was happy with my skill despite being one of the less traditional melee options to bring.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    What? Are you suggesting they just start asking random people sitting around town or doing dailies, and then "blacklist" them if they say no?

That's a bit weird if so. Otherwise the issue isn't the tool, it's that any dps making a group for a key is just going to go painfully, especially if it's a low key.

If they want to do M+ or raid, I'd advise either doing what melzas said, or even try random pug groups for raids. If you perform well, you might get invited if they're recruiting. That's how I got around places even when I was playing ret, either I pugged in or I knew someone in the guild, and the guild was happy with my skill despite being one of the less traditional melee options to bring.
    Its not weird. Its how you formed groups before the tool. You ask people if they want to go. In my experience doing this, MOST people are happy to be asked. However, I'd say about 30% of the playerbase has a violent and nasty reaction to speaking with them. If you get a rude response, blacklist them. That's what I'm saying.

Sitting around, begging for pug invites, hoping to get invited, all of that is too passive and you're likely to get nowhere. You gotta take charge, set up the group, ask people. Its not a crime to be social.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    Join a guild. There are plenty of casual Normal/Heroic guilds who don't care about your class choice.
    Failing that, you have 3 other specs to choose from as a druid, two of them are very popular in M+ (Boomkin and Resto) - play one of them until you get decent enough Raider.IO score.

But seriously, join a guild. The game is much better if you can enjoy it with a group of like minded people.
    So much this.

If you read forums you might reach a conclusion that you won't be able to do any content if you're not a top notch player playing the FOTM spec. This is not so. There's hundreds of friendly semi-casual / semi-hardcore guilds that welcome all classes and specs. We are in the world of flex raiding, everyone is welcome.

And of course joining a guild requires way less effort than starting your own pugs every week for everything, which is just frustrating and gets you nowhere usually. And to be frank, unless you yourself are a top notch player, with high rio, who plays a fotm class, you will have a very hard time making your own group. "Make your own group" is one of those catchphrases that only work in theory, as most people aren't competent enough (and that's not an insult, just the reality). Telling someone to make their own group is like telling someone asking about moneymaking methods to go and flip stuff on AH. Unless you're very good at it and have years of experience it won't work.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2019-07-06 at 07:23 PM.

Aint feral druids good for mythic+ ? Primal Wrath really changed our lives, this is from a POV of a classic feral player to now...Well lets say day 1 of TBC mostly :P

We still lack burst dmg, and we have slow ramp up dmg through...but primal wrath <33
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO