Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    It's a faction war game. Red name is dead name. I don't go out of the way to kill lows, but if they are in the way or trying to sneak a stun on me while im in combat... Who the fuck joins a raid to kill 1 guy? You join a raid to raid alliance. Camp them in their own town. No one ever has created a raid just to kill one guy. You kill everyone in sight to provoke some resistance so you have more stuff to kill, mr.salt

To be honest on this. I think for me it actually is knowing the enemy doesnt like it. Thats what warmode is for I think, to bring faction war into the game. But mostly the reaction the enemy might give. Dont we all love it when we kill someone and they add us to battle.net right away to call us names and shit? I love that.

Though i dont kill low levels, I just attack enemies in zones to maybe get a good world pvp fight out of it. Someone who fights back and gives me a challenge. When its a good fight, i have fun, i dont care if i win or lose at the point.

But mostly the anger you can awaken at the other players is the reason!

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    Maybe you shouldn't advertise that you like murdering people?

Or at least learn what the difference between a character and a player is, as hard as that may be for someone who has already admitted they like killing people.
    lol he kills player avatars. Maybe you, Mr.Pacifist should not use the cannons to kill opposite faction npc? the WQ in Boralus where you shoot cannons at military troops is really nice... if wow had gore, imagine how glorious that would be. All sarcasm aside... You are in the wrong game dude!

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Warmode should have never had PvE rewards tied to it. That's the problem >.<
    This is the problem with warmode. It should ONLY offer pvp rewards. PERIOD.

Quote Originally Posted by Athorha View Post
    Are you really asking what sort of thrill do you get from playing a game? Regardless of what you're doing, dieing, killing, looting etc. you're playing the same game, with the same obsolete 'accomplishments' and 'rewards'.
    Im with you on this one. Yesteday ally were killing a rare I needed, so I charged in and got massacred, but that got us some time to get players in, good skirmish, good fun, I know it pissed alliance off, but hey, I got killed and lost rustfeather spawn too

Quote Originally Posted by StaeleAilar View Post
    This is the problem with warmode. It should ONLY offer pvp rewards. PERIOD.
    Classic - pve gear
    Bc - pve gear
    Wotlk - armor penetration gear
    Cata - pve trinkets, lrgendaries
    Panda - pve trinkets
    Wod - pve trinkets
    Legion - pve gear
    Bfa - pve polearm, pve trinkets (voidstone says hi!)
    Stop crying that the pveheroes are "forced" to do pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Hey.

Just wondering, what the logic or reason behind World PvP is. Why do you enjoy going in big grps and bully other players?

Even lower geared people tho, that i can defeat without any problems just decide to jump me for no reason other than to hinder me from completing my dailies..

So i'm just wondering, is that your goal? Your enjoyment? That you know you wasted a few minutes of someone elses time?

- - - Updated - - -

Obligatory "No it's so people go to the forums and type out a angry reply because they are salty"

Please.. serious awnsers, Not looking for trolls here.. Just trying to understand why you do it
    Some essences, pets, mounts require participating in World PvP. That's why I do it. However, I generally only pick fights with people fighting (or if someone's going to die anyway, I'll tag them for the credit).

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    Maybe you shouldn't advertise that you like murdering people?

Or at least learn what the difference between a character and a player is, as hard as that may be for someone who has already admitted they like killing people.
    Right, because WoW is real life. How cute.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    You are the one who should see a shrink. Pitiful enlisted bonus to freaking war resources, azerite and gold is nothing. It's only there to make up for time you lose when fighting enemy faction. If you hate pvp and run WM anyway, then you are hopeless.
    I don't give a damn about the 10% bonus. There's mog, mount, and toy bonuses you can't get with it off.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    So it's an RP thing? they think they are actully horde fighting the evil alliance?

Behind every character there is a real person, Even if we are playing a game, We are real people.
    Counter-Strike is a shooter, people play to shoot at other people. Warcraft is a game about War, Was Mode is a mode about War, stands to reason some people will play it to wage war on the other side. It's nothing to do with RP.

There's a real person behind that other character, a real person that chose to be on the side that's your enemy. If they rather hold hands and make peace maybe they should turn off War Mode.
    Last edited by Hyral; 2019-07-09 at 07:35 PM.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

10+ Year Old Account
    To engage in and enjoy PvP content outside in the world other than instanced battlegrounds and arenas.

Really not much to it ... and if you don 't feel the same way - whether it being " salty " or just not agreeing with world PvP as a concept - then turn WM off and -never- worry about it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Guess i will go about it the way of "Kill them before they kill you" But it's still a waste of time to attack other players rather than doing the quest objective. So don't really understand why anyone would do it.
    What do you mean waste of time? If it's fun for you in a game then it's not waste of time but time perfectly used as it is. What reason could anyone else have to play a game?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyuna View Post
    I mean.. when you say "kill other players", what you mean is you zerg them down with the other 20 people around you. World PvP is in a dire state, honestly just remove it altogether at this point.
    Changing what I said to fit your narrative, only one places like MMO and Reddit. At least in Reddit posts like that can be downvoted :P Hopefully if you decide to respond you can do so without making assumptions pulled out of thin air

No, when I say kill other players I mean killing them 1v1. Perhaps 2v1, maybe 2v3. The numbers depend on whether I'm by myself and whether they are by themselves. Zerging players down is amusing but it is significantly more entertaining when one group decimates the other, then it feels like a zerg as you kill the stranglers.

World PvP should never be removed, that line of thought is not only toxic but it is shocking that players would make such claims. I'm just glad people with that line of thought aren't in any position of power and never will be. World PvP is amazing, especially when done correctly. I agree there are numerous changes that should be made, however to completely remove it is to disappoint a lot of players. Right now we have War Mode, either turn it on or turn it off. You FEEL forced to do it but the reality is you don't need to play with it on.

Do all your friends play with WM on? Either do the same, play solo WM, or find new friends.
    Do you want the bonus rewards from WM? Deal with whatever comes with WM on like an adult or simply get your stuff done with WM off.

If I could change anything with WM it would be to remove the PvE reward aspect from it. I'd rather earn a PvP currency (honor, conquest, or something else) that allows me to purchase items such as pvp transmog armor, pets, mounts, or armor that give me benefit while I'm pvping.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgottenone View Post
    If I could change anything with WM it would be to remove the PvE reward aspect from it. I'd rather earn a PvP currency (honor, conquest, or something else) that allows me to purchase items such as pvp transmog armor, pets, mounts, or armor that give me benefit while I'm pvping.
    You can only get conquest which leads to gladiator gear from invasion WQs with WM on. You can only get aspirant gear, honor, and conquest from war supply and secret supply chests with WM on. You can only get honor and conquest from bounties with WM on.

15+ Year Old Account
    How is not being able to play with Warmode on having a choice? You actually don't have a choice, your only choice is play with it off.

My experience with Warmode on in Mechagon:
    Leave city, take 10 steps, get attacked, fight back, get them low, 2 more show up. Rez, get attacked, die. Rez, run away, die. Repeat this until the timer ramps up to 2 minutes and I literally graveyard walked back to the camp. I actually had to death gate out, wasn't sure I wasn't even going to make it back without dying and getting stuck in the rez timer again.

In what world is that competitive? Your only chance at being competitive is making a 20 man raid and having everyone fly out at the same time so people don't get stuck in endless rez timers, but if you do that, then you just have an unstoppable death ball raid and that also isn't competitive? I guess all the fun of world pvp is steam rolling outnumbered opponents, the chances of you actually seeing anything competitive is low.
    Last edited by msdos; 2019-07-12 at 06:56 AM.

Hey.

Just wondering, what the logic or reason behind World PvP is. Why do you enjoy going in big grps and bully other players?

Even lower geared people tho, that i can defeat without any problems just decide to jump me for no reason other than to hinder me from completing my dailies..

So i'm just wondering, is that your goal? Your enjoyment? That you know you wasted a few minutes of someone elses time?

- - - Updated - - -

Obligatory "No it's so people go to the forums and type out a angry reply because they are salty"

Please.. serious awnsers, Not looking for trolls here.. Just trying to understand why you do it
    you might be a pvp god in disguise gotta kill you to check

some of the* best fights are when you piss off some lowbie player you don't take seriously and you think "damn shoulda given this dude some respekt woulda been over by now"

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Neither of which negates the fact that it should never have had PvE rewards associated with it. PvE'rs don't want to PvP. But when you tie rewards to it that actually advance their PvE abilities you kind of force them into a situation where it's either be sub-optimal or hate yourself and be optimal. That's objectively bad design.
    Or you just have an objectively bad outlook on things. Generalizations like the bolded comment aren't helping any either.

Not sure what the big stigma is with PvP. If you're outnumbered, go do something else, because the situation won't last forever. If you die while PvP'ing, who gives a shit? This is a zero risk, zero loss game.

Hey.

- - - Updated - - -

2/10 bait post

Quote Originally Posted by Swarmyman View Post
    2/10 bait post
    Not a bait post, But you all can stop replying to it now, I made it a week ago, So it's not really relevant anymore, and we did go through most things in the first 4 pages.

The enjoyment from world pvp is world pvp, to kill and be killed and the risks involved are the thrill, nothing is unfair, if you're getting ganked by a horde of 20 people or even 3v1 then go to a capital, turn off warmode and go back to questing. Warmode is not a pve+ mode made to lvl you faster, its made for people who want the thrill of pvp in the open world, if you cry about how unfair it is then i dunno, tough shit i suppose, just be thankful you dont lose all your gear when you die like in other games.