Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Out of everything terrible about BfA, the one thing I think they got right is Warmode. It gives everyone the option to either PVP or not, gives a nice reward if you want to hit the world with a high level of risk, and allows everyone to either engage or be left alone. I've played with it both On and Off, and usually just prefer it Off.

Some folks just love it. They love the organizing of a force to take on the enemy. It's not about "fair fights", they love rolling through enemy players and espouse faction pride. A lot of people are hoping that when they gank somebody that this person is gonna get a group together to fight back.

Is the system perfect? Nope. But since it leaves the power in each individual's hands, it's a pretty decent one, and is at the very least a fair one.

10+ Year Old Account
    First of all, we assume that anybody else having Warmode ON, enjoys and expects PvP.

And nothing is really "ruined". There are GYs literally less than 30 seconds to wherever you die.

But if you're alliance, i get it.
    Even on my alliance-heavy server (ArgentDawn EU) the horde are always much more on Warmode.
    And always in groups, harassing ally hubs.
    While if you propose to do some PvP on alliance chat, you'll get silence or jokes.

Just be patient, once you get flying, you can have it ON without any risk.

Now, i know. Back in the day where levels played a role,
    you had those micropenis-syndrome/RL-bullied guys who ran around one-shoting greys...

But personally, i never did that. To answer your question, i like PvP for the challenge.
    But i will also kill anybody as long as there's a reward (honor/quest)
    Last edited by Alex86el; 2019-07-13 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Not a bait post, But you all can stop replying to it now, I made it a week ago, So it's not really relevant anymore, and we did go through most things in the first 4 pages.
    A week ago? No this post has been made since wow began.

I think it's fun to fight other players, probably my favorite thing in the game is fighting against something non-scripted, and can think on the fly.

I don't think it's ruining anything for anyone, most players opt out of world pvp even with warmode on

Quote Originally Posted by Echoherb View Post
    Turn off warmode and leave it off. The bonuses are NOT worth it if you don't enjoy world pvp.
    Agree except for the one pvp quest in Mechagon while grinding rep for flying, sometimes doing something you don't enjoy can be worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

World PVP can be fun, if you meet people, or get ganked.
    If you are one of those players that get into 40 man raids and fly around ganking solo players, you are pretty much the epitome of pathetic.

I play with WM off, because I don't have the time or patience to deal with world PVP.
    But I've enjoyed random skirmishes in the past with Alliance.

Guess i will go about it the way of "Kill them before they kill you" But it's still a waste of time to attack other players rather than doing the quest objective. So don't really understand why anyone would do it.
    Because a lot of people turn WM on to kill other players.

Hey.

Just wondering, what the logic or reason behind World PvP is. Why do you enjoy going in big grps and bully other players?

Even lower geared people tho, that i can defeat without any problems just decide to jump me for no reason other than to hinder me from completing my dailies..

So i'm just wondering, is that your goal? Your enjoyment? That you know you wasted a few minutes of someone elses time?

- - - Updated - - -

Obligatory "No it's so people go to the forums and type out a angry reply because they are salty"

Please.. serious awnsers, Not looking for trolls here.. Just trying to understand why you do it
    Hey there, ShagenRora i'm one of those players that most of the time will avoid pvp even playing on a pvp server or now warmode.. i see little point in picking a fight, but if there is a large mob chasing alliance i throw in a tag no reason not to.. i tend to only seek out blood to state my pvp needs after i've been ganked when i'm looking to get even.. i've camped somebody for the best part of an hour because he wouldn't stop attempting to gank my leveling toon, i fought him off twice and died the third time and i saw him camping my body so i logged to my higher level and killed him like 6 times, logged to a horde toon and basically said "i hope you enjoy the wasted time."

So possibly when they get ganked they just seek out any level person.. but they're dickheads lots of dickheads everywhere.
    I play both alliance on FM oceanic, and Horde on Barth oceanic, servers that used to be pvp, i see more dickheads just killing anything they can from these two groups than any other.. besides rag and the brazil servers.
    back when legion launched if i could get a toon i was leveling into an american lfg group i could level alongside the other faction MUCH easier than on oceanic, where it was a nightmare of constant ganking.
    it did happen on NA but at a much reduced rate.

But i can't really tell you what its like to always be raging to kill somebody and be a twat, i normally only respond to it these days or ignore it entirely.
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

Hey.

Just wondering, what the logic or reason behind World PvP is. Why do you enjoy going in big grps and bully other players?

Even lower geared people tho, that i can defeat without any problems just decide to jump me for no reason other than to hinder me from completing my dailies..

So i'm just wondering, is that your goal? Your enjoyment? That you know you wasted a few minutes of someone elses time?

- - - Updated - - -

Obligatory "No it's so people go to the forums and type out a angry reply because they are salty"

Please.. serious awnsers, Not looking for trolls here.. Just trying to understand why you do it
    "what kind of enjoyment or thrill is it that NPCs get from ruining it for other people. Just wondering why these NPCs have to attack me when im busy kicking nuts at squirrels."

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    It’s fun battling an actual person out in the world and not a computer. Knowing you were the better fighter and finding another victim - for me, that’s fun. I also like the realism; that the world is dangerous because your enemy is out there and can kill you.
    Why did you have to necro this place when i was finally rid of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    First of all, we assume that anybody else having Warmode ON, enjoys and expects PvP.

Thats true for me at least. Sometimes I win, sometimes I dont.

The problem for me is when someone from the local 4chan chapter shows up in duskwood and 1 shots level 20s as they land at the fp for 3 hours. Thats why I dont bother with it at all anymore. Ill just do a premade or something

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    Maybe you shouldn't advertise that you like murdering people?

Or at least learn what the difference between a character and a player is, as hard as that may be for someone who has already admitted they like killing people.
    It's our nature to destroy ourselves.
    It's our nature to kill ourselves.
    It's our nature to kill each other.
    It's our nature to KILL KILL KILL!

Hey.

- - - Updated - - -

Well the answer is pretty simple: Sometimes it's just fun to gank people, especially if you're doing it with a group of friends.

It's really just that. I mean after all this is just a game and it's nothing personal. The real problem about all this is the players that really get offended by this IMHO and it's always kind of easy to just dodge gankers.

btw. maybe it's worth pointing out: I usually don't gank players, I've had actually just a few "ganking sessions" after playing this game for more than 12 years.

And honestly players who are constantly trying to "understand" the ganking are also a big problem. Not to sound rude... but you are the one wasting your time by trying to philosophize this.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2019-08-18 at 09:37 PM.

In PvP, there is only x amount of fun. To secure your portion of fun, you must take it from someone else.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    In PvP, there is only x amount of fun. To secure your portion of fun, you must take it from someone else.
    poetry right here

everyone snap

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Warmode should have never had PvE rewards tied to it. That's the problem >.<
    This one here understands.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    What's a pvp reward? The only way for what you suggest to work is for us to get back to PvP power and resilience. Which perhaps we should?
    If it keeps the PvPers firmly in their corner and removes any and all aspects of PvE from it i'm fine. I absolutely hate that some shit I need for PvE comes from PvP right now, it's annoying as all hell.

Hey.

- - - Updated - - -

When I see leveling Alliance with WM on I assume they're doing it just for the freebies. I feel a moral obligation to deny them the benefit I believe it is wrong for them to have. I'm also fairly certain they would gank me if I was a lower level than them (and especially if they were with at least 4 of their buddies.)

The idea that my character killing your character is some big inconvenience to me is completely untrue. I could kill you repeatedly without it diminishing whatever it is that I'm up to.

What I am curious about it what you are trying to accomplish. You and everyone else knows you could just turn WM off, but you won't do that because you want the freebies, just without any cost. Do you expect this thread to make me more or less likely to kill you when I see you in the open world?

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Don't cut yourself on all that teenage edge and angst, my friend.
    He doesn't give a fuck if he cuts his arm, bleeding, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    When I see leveling Alliance with WM on I assume they're doing it just for the freebies. I feel a moral obligation to deny them the benefit I believe it is wrong for them to have. I'm also fairly certain they would gank me if I was a lower level than them (and especially if they were with at least 4 of their buddies.)

The idea that my character killing your character is some big inconvenience to me is completely untrue. I could kill you repeatedly without it diminishing whatever it is that I'm up to.

What I am curious about it what you are trying to accomplish. You and everyone else knows you could just turn WM off, but you won't do that because you want the freebies, just without any cost. Do you expect this thread to make me more or less likely to kill you when I see you in the open world?
    We've been over this already a few times. Please stop replying to this thread.