Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
  1. #81
    Epic! Forgottenone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Raven Hill, Duskwood
    Posts
    1,740
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyuna View Post
    I mean.. when you say "kill other players", what you mean is you zerg them down with the other 20 people around you. World PvP is in a dire state, honestly just remove it altogether at this point.
    Changing what I said to fit your narrative, only one places like MMO and Reddit. At least in Reddit posts like that can be downvoted :P Hopefully if you decide to respond you can do so without making assumptions pulled out of thin air


    No, when I say kill other players I mean killing them 1v1. Perhaps 2v1, maybe 2v3. The numbers depend on whether I'm by myself and whether they are by themselves. Zerging players down is amusing but it is significantly more entertaining when one group decimates the other, then it feels like a zerg as you kill the stranglers.

    World PvP should never be removed, that line of thought is not only toxic but it is shocking that players would make such claims. I'm just glad people with that line of thought aren't in any position of power and never will be. World PvP is amazing, especially when done correctly. I agree there are numerous changes that should be made, however to completely remove it is to disappoint a lot of players. Right now we have War Mode, either turn it on or turn it off. You FEEL forced to do it but the reality is you don't need to play with it on.

    Do all your friends play with WM on? Either do the same, play solo WM, or find new friends.
    Do you want the bonus rewards from WM? Deal with whatever comes with WM on like an adult or simply get your stuff done with WM off.

    If I could change anything with WM it would be to remove the PvE reward aspect from it. I'd rather earn a PvP currency (honor, conquest, or something else) that allows me to purchase items such as pvp transmog armor, pets, mounts, or armor that give me benefit while I'm pvping.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgottenone View Post
    If I could change anything with WM it would be to remove the PvE reward aspect from it. I'd rather earn a PvP currency (honor, conquest, or something else) that allows me to purchase items such as pvp transmog armor, pets, mounts, or armor that give me benefit while I'm pvping.
    You can only get conquest which leads to gladiator gear from invasion WQs with WM on. You can only get aspirant gear, honor, and conquest from war supply and secret supply chests with WM on. You can only get honor and conquest from bounties with WM on.

  3. #83
    Pandaren Monk msdos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,996
    How is not being able to play with Warmode on having a choice? You actually don't have a choice, your only choice is play with it off.

    My experience with Warmode on in Mechagon:
    Leave city, take 10 steps, get attacked, fight back, get them low, 2 more show up. Rez, get attacked, die. Rez, run away, die. Repeat this until the timer ramps up to 2 minutes and I literally graveyard walked back to the camp. I actually had to death gate out, wasn't sure I wasn't even going to make it back without dying and getting stuck in the rez timer again.

    In what world is that competitive? Your only chance at being competitive is making a 20 man raid and having everyone fly out at the same time so people don't get stuck in endless rez timers, but if you do that, then you just have an unstoppable death ball raid and that also isn't competitive? I guess all the fun of world pvp is steam rolling outnumbered opponents, the chances of you actually seeing anything competitive is low.
    Last edited by msdos; 2019-07-12 at 06:56 AM.

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Hey.

    Just wondering, what the logic or reason behind World PvP is. Why do you enjoy going in big grps and bully other players?

    Even lower geared people tho, that i can defeat without any problems just decide to jump me for no reason other than to hinder me from completing my dailies..

    So i'm just wondering, is that your goal? Your enjoyment? That you know you wasted a few minutes of someone elses time?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Obligatory "No it's so people go to the forums and type out a angry reply because they are salty"

    Please.. serious awnsers, Not looking for trolls here.. Just trying to understand why you do it
    you might be a pvp god in disguise gotta kill you to check

    some of the* best fights are when you piss off some lowbie player you don't take seriously and you think "damn shoulda given this dude some respekt woulda been over by now"

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Neither of which negates the fact that it should never have had PvE rewards associated with it. PvE'rs don't want to PvP. But when you tie rewards to it that actually advance their PvE abilities you kind of force them into a situation where it's either be sub-optimal or hate yourself and be optimal. That's objectively bad design.
    Or you just have an objectively bad outlook on things. Generalizations like the bolded comment aren't helping any either.

    Not sure what the big stigma is with PvP. If you're outnumbered, go do something else, because the situation won't last forever. If you die while PvP'ing, who gives a shit? This is a zero risk, zero loss game.

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Hey.

    Just wondering, what the logic or reason behind World PvP is. Why do you enjoy going in big grps and bully other players?

    Even lower geared people tho, that i can defeat without any problems just decide to jump me for no reason other than to hinder me from completing my dailies..

    So i'm just wondering, is that your goal? Your enjoyment? That you know you wasted a few minutes of someone elses time?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Obligatory "No it's so people go to the forums and type out a angry reply because they are salty"

    Please.. serious awnsers, Not looking for trolls here.. Just trying to understand why you do it
    2/10 bait post

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Swarmyman View Post
    2/10 bait post
    Not a bait post, But you all can stop replying to it now, I made it a week ago, So it's not really relevant anymore, and we did go through most things in the first 4 pages.

  8. #88
    The enjoyment from world pvp is world pvp, to kill and be killed and the risks involved are the thrill, nothing is unfair, if you're getting ganked by a horde of 20 people or even 3v1 then go to a capital, turn off warmode and go back to questing. Warmode is not a pve+ mode made to lvl you faster, its made for people who want the thrill of pvp in the open world, if you cry about how unfair it is then i dunno, tough shit i suppose, just be thankful you dont lose all your gear when you die like in other games.

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Hey.

    Just wondering, what the logic or reason behind World PvP is. Why do you enjoy going in big grps and bully other players?

    Even lower geared people tho, that i can defeat without any problems just decide to jump me for no reason other than to hinder me from completing my dailies..

    So i'm just wondering, is that your goal? Your enjoyment? That you know you wasted a few minutes of someone elses time?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Obligatory "No it's so people go to the forums and type out a angry reply because they are salty"

    Please.. serious awnsers, Not looking for trolls here.. Just trying to understand why you do it
    Honestly you just need to do some googling on human psychology and maybe you would understand, isnt it obvious why people gank others, even when they cant fight back. You are being salty, I get salty when I get killed too many times, everyone does, but its the opposite reason why people do it, some people only fight people they can duel with, a fair fight, others want to piss you off, others get satisfaction knowing they have annoyed you. Its just the truth, that is humans.

  10. #90
    Out of everything terrible about BfA, the one thing I think they got right is Warmode. It gives everyone the option to either PVP or not, gives a nice reward if you want to hit the world with a high level of risk, and allows everyone to either engage or be left alone. I've played with it both On and Off, and usually just prefer it Off.

    Some folks just love it. They love the organizing of a force to take on the enemy. It's not about "fair fights", they love rolling through enemy players and espouse faction pride. A lot of people are hoping that when they gank somebody that this person is gonna get a group together to fight back.

    Is the system perfect? Nope. But since it leaves the power in each individual's hands, it's a pretty decent one, and is at the very least a fair one.

  11. #91
    First of all, we assume that anybody else having Warmode ON, enjoys and expects PvP.

    And nothing is really "ruined". There are GYs literally less than 30 seconds to wherever you die.

    But if you're alliance, i get it.
    Even on my alliance-heavy server (ArgentDawn EU) the horde are always much more on Warmode.
    And always in groups, harassing ally hubs.
    While if you propose to do some PvP on alliance chat, you'll get silence or jokes.

    Just be patient, once you get flying, you can have it ON without any risk.


    Now, i know. Back in the day where levels played a role,
    you had those micropenis-syndrome/RL-bullied guys who ran around one-shoting greys...

    But personally, i never did that. To answer your question, i like PvP for the challenge.
    But i will also kill anybody as long as there's a reward (honor/quest)
    Last edited by Alex86el; 2019-07-13 at 03:30 PM.

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Not a bait post, But you all can stop replying to it now, I made it a week ago, So it's not really relevant anymore, and we did go through most things in the first 4 pages.
    A week ago? No this post has been made since wow began.

  13. #93
    I think it's fun to fight other players, probably my favorite thing in the game is fighting against something non-scripted, and can think on the fly.

    I don't think it's ruining anything for anyone, most players opt out of world pvp even with warmode on

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Echoherb View Post
    Turn off warmode and leave it off. The bonuses are NOT worth it if you don't enjoy world pvp.
    Agree except for the one pvp quest in Mechagon while grinding rep for flying, sometimes doing something you don't enjoy can be worth it.
    Bwonsamdi says: Bring me de head of de Horde's warchief, and I be forgettin' all about ya father's bargain.

    Bwonsamdi for warchief!

  15. #95
    World PVP can be fun, if you meet people, or get ganked.
    If you are one of those players that get into 40 man raids and fly around ganking solo players, you are pretty much the epitome of pathetic.

    I play with WM off, because I don't have the time or patience to deal with world PVP.
    But I've enjoyed random skirmishes in the past with Alliance.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •