Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Method no longer #1 guild, loses Redbull as major sponsor

Will this mean Limit and Pieces will get more viewers and making Method's stream obsolete?

https://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1squj86

Wow that is a misleading title.

Sounds more like Method didnt want to bend over fully and switch streaming events to red bulls twitch channel. How did you reach that method are no longer top and so red bull dropped them? thats what your title implies.

10+ Year Old Account
    How are they "no longer #1"? lol that doesnt make sense. I doubt Limit or Pieces or anyone else for that matter will be anywhere near Method with streaming mythic progress.

Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    Will this mean Limit and Pieces will get more viewers and making Method's stream obsolete?

https://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1squj86
    I don't think people were watching Method, or any streamer for that matter, because they like Redbull.

Probably the worst misleading tittle i have read in this forums

Quote Originally Posted by Otrew View Post
    Probably the worst misleading tittle i have read in this forums
    It's not misleading, currently Pieces is #1 and Method will lose Redbull as major sponsor

title should have been "Method and Redbull part ways after RB tries to be greedy cunts.

Quote Originally Posted by Criptos View Post
    title should have been "Method and Redbull part ways after RB tries to be greedy cunts.
    If you look at the facts presented its Method thats being greedy cunts.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Wow that is a misleading title.

Sounds more like Method didnt want to bend over fully and switch streaming events to red bulls twitch channel. How did you reach that method are no longer top and so red bull dropped them? thats what your title implies.
    Because Pieces won last raid so it's currently #1 and it's a fact, also Method losing Redbull as sponsor is a fact too.
    Yeah it looks like they didn't agree where to stream

Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    If you look at the facts presented its Method thats being greedy cunts.
    Except reading their account, red bull didn't give them any payment.

So why should they double dip on free advertising and getting the income from twitch for any revenue generated from Method doing all the work?

The title insinuates that as Method came #2, Redbull are leaving them as sponsors, which isn't the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post

So why should they double dip on free advertising and getting the income from twitch for any revenue generated from Method doing all the work?
    Redbull paid production cost, Redbull provided gear worth millions of dollars for Method to use, Redbull provided gaming area, Redbull provided probably fuckton of more. What they asked in return was advertisement of their logo. For next event they wanted to renegotiate the contract with Method with having media rights I believe from my understanding which is basically industrial standard and Redbull was getting fucked over hard with their last contract. Now there was some disagreement between Method and Redbull. Redbull wanted to join the market and Method monopoly would be compromised so Method decided to publish completely toxic twit with big bad company trying to fuck them over motive as PR move. Im sorry but Method just made clowns out of themselves.

Because Pieces won last raid so it's currently #1 and it's a fact, also Method losing Redbull as sponsor is a fact too.
    You should read a text before you link to it.

Method didn't lose Red Bull as a sponsor looks more like they dumped Red Bull so they would not have to bow to some Corporate Overlord. I'm not sure but Method getting world first in two full sized raids this xpac seems more impressive than Pieces getting world first on the worst raid this xpac. It would almost be like saying X guild cleared Ice Crown Citadel first but was only world #2 because Y guild cleared the Ruby Sanctum first.

Redbull paid production cost, Redbull provided gear worth millions of dollars for Method to use, Redbull provided gaming area, Redbull provided probably fuckton of more. What they asked in return was advertisement of their logo. For next event they wanted to renegotiate the contract with Method with having media rights I believe from my understanding which is basically industrial standard and Redbull was getting fucked over hard with their last contract. Now there was some disagreement between Method and Redbull. Redbull wanted to join the market and Method monopoly would be compromised so Method decided to publish completely toxic twit with big bad company trying to fuck them over motive as PR move. Im sorry but Method just made clowns out of themselves.
    To me Method not wanting to have it streamed directly on redbulls channel and having them take control and a community run thing as an outside corporation seems reasonable (yes I know method is also a corporation but they've grown from this community).

Method dumped Redbull, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post

Method did all the work but redbull paid all the work. They still paid for the studio the travel costs and hotels. Its not like they could host this event in such a way without redbull. It was a win win for both parties.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Method did all the work but redbull paid all the work. They still paid for the studio the travel costs and hotels. Its not like they could host this event in such a way without redbull. It was a win win for both parties.
    Maybe the old deal was a win/win, but the fact is Redbull wanted a new deal where they win more and Method wins less.

It's not misleading, currently Pieces is #1 and Method will lose Redbull as major sponsor
    Method never got a penny from Red Bull, they can get much better sponsors than the scumbag shit that Red Bull pulled. You know they tried to take away revenue from the players by having the race streamed on their own channel right?
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Do you honestly think that Method couldn't have streamed this without Redbull?

At any point did they NEED Redbull to be there? To me it sounds more like Redbull is trying to force their way into a scene for money, and Method doesn't want any part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    I have no doubt that it worked out for both that way, but to me it sounds like they wanted more in the end.