Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Just a word about bias in the moderation process here

See Epstein thread. Xskarma locks a thread a thread about Jeffrey Epstein, the child rapist, on some kind of weird technicality about the use of the word "paedophile".

I don't know what his motivation is but it does seem like an extraordinary number of things rightly criticizing the rich and powerful seem to get locked for very arbitrary reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    1: take it up with the other globals
    2: post on your main account

Burner account makes a blog post about moderation.

That thread was closed because it turned into a battle of semantics and people saying it's not so bad because it was teens instead of children.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Presumably because the burner account he was using in that thread got nuked for telling someone to kill themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Yes, you are damn right I use a burner account.

The idea of "playing by the rules" on a forum where the moderators help suppress paedophile scandals makes me fucking puke.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Presumably because the burner account he was using in that thread got nuked for telling someone to kill themselves.
    I think this world would be a better place without paedophiles and their apologists, yes. If that hurt your feelings, tough.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Yes, complain to the people in charge, that always works....

Quote Originally Posted by Futhwathal View Post
    Yes, you are damn right I use a burner account.

The idea of "playing by the rules" on a forum where the moderators help suppress paedophile scandals makes me fucking puke.
    Then why are you bitching about moderation? That's like a guy who robs banks whining that the police don't enforce speeding laws equally.

That forum was a shitshow, and you called for someone to kill himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I think you are constantly banned mostly because you struggle to not call everyone who disagrees with your viewpoints cunts and not because the moderation is terrible.
    I don't care about being banned, very obviously.

If someone is an apologist for paedophiles then "cunt" is an understatement.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Then why are you bitching about moderation? That's like a guy who robs banks whining that the police don't enforce speeding laws equally.

That forum was a shitshow, and you called for someone to kill himself.
    Oh my heart bleeds for the fucking paedo apologist.

I don't care about being banned, very obviously.

If someone is an apologist for paedophiles then "cunt" is an understatement.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh my heart bleeds for the fucking paedo apologist.
    As our heart should bleed for the burner account who tells people to kill themselves?

The thread wasn't closed for the apologists, it was closed, because we all turned it into a shitshow. Do I think it could have stayed open a bit longer and gotten back on track? Maybe. Do I think there's a good chance? Nope.

Try this, open a new thread on your main, and try and direct the conversation, and keep it on track.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    How about I take it up with the advertisers? You know the ones that think they are paying for ads on an MMO forum but actually are advertising on a politics forum with a number of far right/neo-nazi posters? The advertisers that are being defrauded according to the terms and conditions of the contract they signed up to?

I think that would be rather more effective than complaining to the people in charge about a problem they caused in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

As our heart should bleed for the burner account who tells people to kill themselves?

The thread wasn't closed for the apologists, it was closed, because we all turned it into a shitshow.
    Which is every fucking thread on here. Somehow apologists for child rape seem to be given special protection.

How about I take it up with the advertisers? You know the ones that think they are paying for ads on an MMO forum but actually are advertising on a politics forum with a number of far right/neo-nazi posters? The advertisers that are being defrauded according to the terms and conditions of the contract they signed up to?

I think that would be rather more effective than complaining to the people in charge about a problem they caused in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

Which is every fucking thread on here. Somehow apologists for child rape seem to be given special protection.
    Do you have any evidence to back up such a claim?

Do you have any evidence to back up such a claim?
    Well if it isn't obvious to you then I can't really help you. I don't really have the energy of those threads where I point out obvious things and people think of "white is black" excuses why the obvious thing is not obvious-I'm sure you will agree that is a waste of time. I'd have thought that notorious thread which featured an OP linking directly to a far right terrorist recruitment page which ran to something like 80 pages and was never suspended would be a shining example.

Well if it isn't obvious to you then I can't really help you. I don't really have the energy of those threads where I point out obvious things and people think of "white is black" excuses why the obvious thing is not obvious-I'm sure you will agree that is a waste of time. I'd have thought that notorious thread which featured an OP linking directly to a far right terrorist recruitment page which ran to something like 80 pages and was never suspended would be a shining example.
    "It's totes obvious" isn't much of an argument.

Feel free to take it to their advertisers, I support a free-market solution to such actions.

Good luck!

This platform is moderated by a bunch of Trumps.

Don't be like them and whine when you get deplatformed... Just take it as what it is. They need their safe space.

See Epstein thread. Xskarma locks a thread a thread about Jeffrey Epstein, the child rapist, on some kind of weird technicality about the use of the word "paedophile".

I don't know what his motivation is but it does seem like an extraordinary number of things rightly criticizing the rich and powerful seem to get locked for very arbitrary reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    This platform is moderated by a bunch of Trumps.

Don't be like them and whine when you get deplatformed... Just take it as what it is. They need their safe space.
    I was permabanned years ago, this is nothing to do with me. I haven't in any sense been deplatformed personally-it takes 10 seconds to set up a new id. They don't even ip ban.

The point was the disturbing level of priority being given to the protection of rich and powerful paedophiles given the relative lack of interest in other toxic threads.

That's great, but do you think people take your cause seriously if you hide behind burner accounts to spread the message? If you believe your message is good and just, then post it under your name. Or, what, you don't believe in your own message do you?

10+ Year Old Account

1.: Discussion of moderation is bad.
    2.: The reason is in the damn post
    This thread went off the rails with discussions about pedofilia that are not appropriate for this forum. Closing this.

CLOSED.
    3.: A moderator will close this thread too.
    4.: If you believe something done wrong, contact a global (blue).
    Last edited by Lochton; 2019-07-08 at 12:57 PM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread will be closed.

That thread was a pointless 4 page back and forth over the proper usage of the term "pedophile" and other related terms. It was mostly Mistame and Video Games going "well akshwally. . . "

As it went off topic, xskarma was right in closing it.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Aedrielle View Post
    If you believe your message is good and just, then post it under your name. Or, what, you don't believe in your own message do you?
    It's probably Mormolyce, who is currently banned...so he can't.