Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    I dont know.

Its just one of those things where simple logical processes are not adding up.

Treachery is afoot. And I hope we find out how/why.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...c?sf18867990=1
    It could be as simple as incompetence.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
    Malice and Epstein go together like Trump and Mussolini.

How much stupidity do we let fly the day he died? The screaming heard from his cell? The temp guard? Missing Guard? Missing wellness checks? magically taking him off suicide watch at someone elses request?

At what point do we say, hold on a second.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Malice and Epstein go together like Trump and Mussolini.

How much stupidity do we let fly the day he died? The screaming heard from his cell? The temp guard? Missing Guard? Missing wellness checks? magically taking him off suicide watch at someone elses request?

At what point do we say, hold on a second.
    Well, obviously an investigation has to be done...I just don't jump straight to the conclusion.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

:P i just love how far leftists say :P " stop this conspiracy theories" And then we have " Trump is sending secret messages to Nazis" or "trump is Russian asset" LOL And we are talking about MSNBC one of Americas main news network ROFL

Quote Originally Posted by Sodia View Post
    :P i just love how far leftists say :P " stop this conspiracy theories" And then we have " Trump is sending secret messages to Nazis" or "trump is Russian asset" LOL And we are talking about MSNBC one of Americas main news network ROFL
    Trump's messaging isn't exactly a secret. He's really not that hard to figure out.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Trump's messaging isn't exactly a secret. He's really not that hard to figure out.
    He literally asked the russians to do something on national TV and evidence indicates that they then immediately started to try to do that thing. It's not a conspiracy if they do it in public on national TV.

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    He literally asked the russians to do something on national TV and evidence indicates that they then immediately started to try to do that thing. It's not a conspiracy if they do it in public on national TV.
    Yeah, subtlety is not his strong point.

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    Oh, you don't understand how jokes or idioms work.

Me, "I would kill for a diet coke"

Kaid, "OMG! Zenkai is willing to murder someone for a soft drink!"

7+ Year Old Account
    So, I was in the, this is highly unlikely to be a conspiracy perpetrated by either side, camp. Enter 4chan and the alt-right......

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...kfE5suXDK4FZ8U

BuzzFeed News was first to report on the post, which appeared on 4chan 38 minutes before the first tweet about Epstein's death from ABC News reporter Aaron Katersky at 8:54 a.m. ET. The flagship ABC News account tweeted an article about Epstein's death five minutes later.

"[D]on't ask me how I know, but Epstein died an hour ago from hanging, cardiac arrest. Screencap this," the post reads. The text was accompanied by an image of Pepe the Frog, an internet meme that is popular among far-right internet trolls.

Troll posts looking to capitalize on the initial post immediately began pushing elaborate conspiracy theories about body doubles, which were later refuted by the original poster.
    Which that raises a lot of questions even if it was suicide. Mostly about the staff at the prison.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodia View Post
    Context is everything. The "secret Nazis messages" bullshit was one man saying white supremacists might misconstrue the 8/8 as symbolic even though Trump didn't mean it to. I mean some of them literally get 14 and 88 tattooed to accompany their swastikas. That's an actual thing. (88 is for Heil Hitler, while the 14 stands for 14 very specific words) Those are to specific numbers they've adopted. So while it wasn't meant as a dog whistle, a white supremacist supporter might read more into it. Just like they could with good people on both sides and him denouncing "all supremacy".
    Last edited by -Nurot; 2019-08-13 at 08:17 PM.

If epstein wanted a body double to fake his death he could just steal the waxwork of Jay Leno from madame tussauds

dat gross jawline

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post

Zenkai: I would kill for a diet Coke

*moments later a guy gets murdered and his diet coke is stolen. Zenkai seen drinking the diet coke.*

Zenkai: It was just a joke guys!

One giant hole in your theory is Trump is not known for his jokes second he kept repeating it and third he recently said he would take foreign help openly you guys do live in your own reality.

It's rather adorable how far you are willing to go to defend a guy you claim you don't even support.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Kill yourself quickly or be beaten and tortured to death...seems like an easy choice. Even if nothing ever happened to him...he was going to spend the rest of his life in prison.

- - - Updated - - -

This is what i asked you. If it wasn't a suicide attempt...what was it? If it was an attack...why not report it?
    Who's to say he didnt report it? It's really easy to keep someone silenced in pc.

None of this makes any sense. No one is going to handle a high profile inmate that supposedly already tried to kill himself like this. I and anyone I talk to that has worked in the system believe this shit.

2 guards suspended and warden reassigned after Epstein death

The announcement came amid mounting evidence that the chronically understaffed Metropolitan Correctional Center may have bungled its responsibility to keep the 66-year-old Epstein from harming himself while he awaited trial on charges of sexually abusing teenage girls.

Epstein was taken off a suicide watch last month for reasons that have not been explained, and was supposed to have been checked on by a guard every 30 minutes. But investigators learned those checks weren't done for several hours before he was found Saturday morning, according to a person familiar with the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Moadar View Post
    Who's to say he didnt report it? It's really easy to keep someone silenced in pc.

None of this makes any sense. No one is going to handle a high profile inmate that supposedly already tried to kill himself like this. I and anyone I talk to that has worked in the system believe this shit.
    It's not that easy to keep someone silent if that person still has access to his lawyers...which Epstein did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    2 guards suspended and warden reassigned after Epstein death

The announcement came amid mounting evidence that the chronically understaffed Metropolitan Correctional Center may have bungled its responsibility to keep the 66-year-old Epstein from harming himself while he awaited trial on charges of sexually abusing teenage girls.

Epstein was taken off a suicide watch last month for reasons that have not been explained, and was supposed to have been checked on by a guard every 30 minutes. But investigators learned those checks weren't done for several hours before he was found Saturday morning, according to a person familiar with the case.
    They can't just have a bunch of guys in front of his cell 24/7 on rotating shifts? Jesus fucking christ what sheer incompetence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    They can't just have a bunch of guys in front of his cell 24/7 on rotating shifts? Jesus fucking christ what sheer incompetence.
    Given that they probably don't have unlimited budget for staffing, especially given that the prison is described as "chronically understaffed", I'm going to go with "no".

I agree they fucked up, here, mind you. I'm just saying "rotating guards, plural, watching one prisoner 24/7" isn't a realistic option regardless. This kind of shitty treatment is, unfortunately, not uncommon in the American prison system, apparently. This is just a particularly high-profile prisoner.

They had a high-profile prisoner, they had to know such a prisoner isn't just getting scrutiny, the prison and the warden are also getting scrutiny.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    They had a high-profile prisoner, they had to know such a prisoner isn't just getting scrutiny, the prison and the warden are also getting scrutiny.
    I agree they deserve to be canned for this bullshit.

I'm just saying that Epstein warranted extra focus from guards given the circumstances, not "rotating guards on 24/7 personal watch". The same kind of extra focus they'd have given other inmates posing similar risks. As bullshit as all this is, it's not like Epstein is the first prisoner to kill themselves in prison.

Which doesn't make it okay. It's indicative of precisely how fucked the American prison system is. I'm taking more issue with institutional failures overall than with Epstein's case as a particular instance, is all.