Poll: Woudl your elf alter his existing allegiance if you could choose?>

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    A poll with plenty (and decent) options, this is rare these days.

Personally I picked "I would remain blood elf but be open" reason being he is a Demon Hunter and has little to no interest in Horde or Alliance.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    I'm curious about this, especially given that the faction restrictions may be lifted next expansion. This would create interesting options for your character to choose that he wasn't able to choose.

I ask this cos I know many people found blood elves joining the horde controversial, found nightborne joining the horde also controversial, and some also felt void elves should have been on with the blood elves

Currently we have the following groups of elves.

Thalassians:
    • Blood elves
    • High elves
    • Void elves
    • San'layn

Night Elves:
    • Night elf
    • Highborne
    • Nightborne
    • Cenarian

So with faction restrictions lifted or the horde and the alliance optional or scrapped, with you able to choose how you play your elf, what would you choose. You are free to choose more than one option as you may have several elven toons and desire differnet things for that.

So in addition to the poll questions, please answere these 3.
    1. I am pro player choice on this, players should be able to choose what opposite faction races they wanna help/join or be friendly towards.
    2. I prefer the current faction restrictions that exist for elves. (i.e. thalassians on the horde, night elves on the alliance)
    3. I prefer faction restrictions, but feel elves should be exempt as they are very popular.

Poll Questions
    I would play my blood elf allied to humans and former ally races as a high elf
    I would play my nightborne allied to night elves as a highborne ally
    I would play my void elf prioritising blood elves over other alliance races
    I would play my night elf strongly independently

My blood elf will identify as high elf if he could.
    I would remain blood elf but be open
    I will forever be an alliance races hating blood elf.
    My nightborne will identify with the kaldorei if I could.
    My nightborne will be friendly with highborne kaldorei only
    My nightborne will hate every race ever associated with the alliance.

My void elf would identify with the blood elves if he could
    My void elf would identify with the high elves and blood elves both
    My void elf would hate both blood elves and every former horde race with extreme prejudice

My highborne (night elf) would identify with the horde elves if he could.
    My highborne (night elf) would distance himself with druid/priest kaldorei
    My highborne (night elf) would only ever associate with other kaldorei and be extremely xenophobic
    My night elf would be neutral to humans and be xenophobic
    My night elf would hate highborne night elves and all the derivative races from them.

I would like to be able to play as San'layn
    I would like highborne night elves to have a different aesthetic
    I would like to be able to play Cenarions (keepers/dryads)
    I think that is irrelevant the factions are going to dissolve! at playable level and at lore level I hope that quelthalas and suramar join in a confederation or commonwelth

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn the Second View Post
    I don't think it's simple. I think you're being overly-simplistic and binary in your thinking. The divide is still there between some groups, absolutely. As it should be. Vereesa and the Silver Covenant should never be allowed back into Quel'Thalas, for example. But, the fact that high elf pilgrimages were allowed into the Sunwell right up until Alleria's visit shows that some relations, however tenuous, had been rekindled between the various children of Silvermoon.
    Of course the story is not simple. What is simple is the correction about your misleading interpretation.

Also we will have to see what is about the Sunwell and Quel'danas. I can't believe it stays the same during this war, or even after the Dalaran incident. Thing since we didn't even knew about what is going on in Quel'danas.

So no, the story is not simple. But looking at it in a pragmatic way is.

But with the horde potentially disbanding.. where would you vengeance be focused? ALl former horde races? or just the individuals or people involved in the war of thorns? or only the races eager to be there like the forsaken, the orcs and the trolls, there were also willing blood elves, goblins and tauren, but those races would have people who would not have been at all keen on or participating willingly in the genocide - would you also hate them? And what about groups that weren't involved at all? Horde pandaren, Nightborne, highmountain were not involved at all, nor were Mag'har
    Well, Orgrimmar must be razed, that's for sure, Ashenvale and Aszhara must be purged from any Hordes, orcs and undead must die, if the petty belves want to hide in Silvermoon, fine. Tauren are ok, though. Sylvanas can have Anduin for dinner for all I care, the fucking traitor

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Well, Orgrimmar must be razed, that's for sure, Ashenvale and Aszhara must be purged from any Hordes, orcs and undead must die, if the petty belves want to hide in Silvermoon, fine. Tauren are ok, though. Sylvanas can have Anduin for dinner for all I care, the fucking traitor
    What about Horde Pandaren and Nightborne? Especially nightborne who as far as we know still have night elves friendly with them, like Valewalker Farodin, Val'sharah refugee priests and druids, and Moonguard remnant. Nightborne like Horde Pandaren, were not involved at all in eldrassil.

10+ Year Old Account
    My void elf is pretty happy in the Alliance. At this point, my blood elf's been screwed over so many times, and so many ways, by both factions that she's liable to just say 'fuck it' and go independent. Patriotism only goes so far when you're constantly being thrown to the wolves or set up to get killed.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

My blood elves are soldiers of fortune at best so their allegiance wouldn't be dependent on racial stuff. I play my main as Loyalist to Sylvanas's Horde.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

How about all elven sub races band together and take a big dump on human potential That option isn't even in there

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    My blood elves are soldiers of fortune at best so their allegiance wouldn't be dependent on racial stuff. I play my main as Loyalist to Sylvanas's Horde.
    Now that I could buy for a blood elf...morally lost after wc3 co,pared to a high elf

Now that I could buy for a blood elf...morally lost after wc3 co,pared to a high elf
    They were during TBC, but got better after the climax. The Purge paints things the other way around.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    They were during TBC, but got better after the climax. The Purge paints things the other way around.
    Shame that, I reckon they tried to paint the blood elves more as high elves because it is that character people most like about that race, rather than continue to distinguish them as more anti high elf/rogue high elf attitudes. BUt I guess in a no faction or one faction scenario there will no longer be suppressing of certain combos just because one race is on a faction.

5+ Year Old Account
    Shame that, I reckon they tried to paint the blood elves more as high elves because it is that character people most like about that race, rather than continue to distinguish them as more anti high elf/rogue high elf attitudes. BUt I guess in a no faction or one faction scenario there will no longer be suppressing of certain combos just because one race is on a faction.
    Whelp, in reality there are some of us that miss the Blood elf fantasy from TbC.

The beautiful and civilized elves of Quel'thalas that carry a shady background that is hidden from first impressions.

Akin to use any method that is necessary for their own good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    My Blood Elf would be hostile to Night Elves, High Elves, Highborne, Void Elves and Nightborne if I could be.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2019-07-11 at 03:33 PM.

So many confusing poll options!

I would add High Elves and San'layn/Dark Rangers to the pool of playable races.

You already have playable highbornes ingame since cataclysm. They are called night elf mages.

And you can't make viable dryads,etc, as playable races, their lower bodies resemble horses!
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2019-07-11 at 03:38 PM.

a true blood elf is loyal to quelthalas we are patriots! like lorthemar or rommath

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    My Blood Elf would be hostile to Night Elves, High Elves, Highborne, Void Elves and Nightborne if I could be.
    Curious why you would be hostile to Nightborne.

Is it because they are night elven based and your blood elf has had a long despise for night elven stock? I know we don't see it much, but I think you're on to something here.

Technically speaking, if the high elves tried to divorce as much as they could from their kaldorei past, changing their type of arcane culture from the highborne led version of the pre-sundering era (both the invasion era culture and the pre-invasion era culture), divorced themselves from the night and all nocturnal habits, divrocd themselves from Elune … this is a major rejection of ALL of their past, it stands to reason that there would be blood elves that hate nightborne because they are night elven based.

People think that because nightborne are elven arcane culture, and blood elves are too being highborne descendants that they would love each other... but we didn't see the blood elves particularly love the shen'dralar highborne did we, and that's a pure highborne stock unlike Suramar that has a mixture.

Further they don't realise, that in becoming high elves, it didn't mean their love for the arcane, or nature/forestry changed - it just changed from the focuses of their former kaldorei highborne lives. They still loved forests - hence why they picked Quel'thalas and developed the FArstriders, and magically bathed the land in eternal spring. They still loved arcane magic and divine magic - they just did it with a different focus. Arcane switched from the star/moon focus that the kaldorei have, to frost and sun emphasis, and divine magic ignore Elune and light philosophy was deduced.

And while things can change, it stands to reason that there would be blood elves that hate anything purple, and any night elf based elf, whether pre-sundering like the Shen'dralar or the Nightborne or the ancient priest order of Elune, or long vigil like the druids and the Order of Elune modified by Tyrande. it didn't stop them from having arcnae users or rangers similar to the kaldorei highborne era or the sentinel huntresses, they did, they just went about it in a differnet way.

It stands to reason that hey would look down on night elves. From a blood elves' perspective, night elves have WASTED and SQUANDERED elven power they took for granted and was the heritage of all elves, including the Thalassians. Kaldorei of the long vigil unjustly kicked them out because they were too afraid to push forward, Shen'dralar shut themselves up in their city to indulge and gorge on magic in what were the most despicable and decadent behaviour of the highborne that the long vigil group including the high elves had come to despise, cos it was that sort of recklessness, callous arrogance without responsibility that had led to the legion (people seriously don't get the high elves when they think blood elf and nightborne/highborne kaldorei culture are the same.. they are not, the highe elves utterly despised the recklessness of the highborne under Azshara and were ashsmed of their part in it, they tried to prove to the druids that they would be a different type of arcnae user, aware now of the trapping of addiction and the danger of the legion and a heavy priority would be place don ensuring those mistakes were never repeated.Thoguh the druids didn't believe them and ultimately exiled them, the kindgeomd they set up followed those principals, they were far more careful with magic, tha ban'dinoriel were set up, magic was not taught and trained like it was in the days of the kaldorei before the sundering, free, adventuerers, with respect but without fear and certainly not how it became in the invasion era, reckless and arrogant.

Furthermore, from a blood elves' perspective, the nightborne aren't any better than either the shen'dralar or the Darnassians, because they shut themselves up in a city, sat down and never treid to use their power against the legion or azshara even when they felt the world was over run, they never tried to look for survivors, instead kept their magical paradise feeling they were the chosen ones worthy of survival and the inheritance of the legacy of the kaldorei. They were cowards behind the shield, and the same despise Tyrande had for her former people would be present in some blood elves. Rommath remarks what the blood elves would have done if they had a source as powerful as the nightwell. When they look at what the nightborne did, they wasted it as much as the other night elves. Suramar was unchanged, arcnae progress was very slow, even with their time mastery. They didn't make much progress at all. Trapped in a bubble with limited resources, the city is exactly the same as it was, and the magical advancements done in 10,000 years are small, they seem advanced to everyone because the state of the night elves at the time of the sundering was much more advanced than even what the blood elves had achieved. They had far more lost knowledge in tact from a global empire, knowledge the reliquary acknowledges that the elves have lost most of and still not recovered. Yet what they did was so little. Compared to the high elves, and what the high elves did with their resources, they have every right to look down on ALL night elves - Darnassians, Shen'dralar, Shal'dorei alike - these guys squandered power that could have been used to transform the world, make it far more robust against the legion and be far more prepared for some of the disasters that followed suit.

Sadly, so many players ofc just ignore lore, to feed their lets all be friends fantasy. And whiles there is nothing wrong with wanting elves to be friends and put the past aside, it's just unrealistic to assume every blood elf would love the nightborne.

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post

Sadly, so many players ofc just ignore lore, to feed their lets all be friends fantasy. And whiles there is nothing wrong with wanting elves to be friends and put the past aside, it's just unrealistic to assume every blood elf would love the nightborne.
    It is also wrong to assume every nightborne would love the blood elves. They know how to talk the talk, praise their new allies, but there would be those who consider htem infereior, the blood elf is a devolved night elf, and the shald'roei is an enhanced one, albeit with a chronic deficit - that can't come with normal life and will. porbably revert to the stable kaldorei form eventually once the arcan'dor has completed its work.

Still, the blood elves are lesser as a consequence genetically, and we know their are some very arrogant nightborne who do not think like Thalyssra and Occuleth, who believe the Kaldorei are the greatest thing ever on the planet and all are beneath, they wouldn't look at what the Thalassians achieved with less, any more than they would consider that the lowborne dominated kaldorei resistance defeated the burning legion's first invasion, then did it a second time without using precious night elven arcane magic.

they wouldn't care, they are lowborne and not in cities and of lesser state, what they achieve is just because elven stock is incredible, and they the aristocrat nightborne are at the top oft hat chain, having successfully maintained the wonders of kaldorei arcana for 10k years while the lowborne failed, and the devolved elves made a kingdom of far lesser quality and scope, failing to grasp the higher principals of magic common day across the empire.

This is how they would view it, and they would look down on all the other elves as having lost their way and become disgraces to the nobility and high standard of the Kaldorei. This is the kaldorei empire mindset, and they would believe the Shal'dorei are the only true and worthy elves that carry and bear the special, noble and divine mantle of leadership, grace and intellect above all other races.

Arrogance ofc, but you have to understand that this would exist too on the converse. It's just that blizzard don't have or care to show all these nuances and details that would exist.

It won't all be friendly and mutual love and respect on both sides unless something in the story shows the attitude of all those elves has changed. Like it did for the shen'dralar when it shows they ALL came off magical addiction and actually had a level of humility in approaching their kin, to ensure their people band together to survive the great danger coming.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    a true blood elf is loyal to quelthalas we are patriots! like lorthemar or rommath
    Yes ofc, but you can be loyal to Quel'thalas but still be immoral or amoral unlike the high elf who is very moral like their night elf kin, - one of the thigns that made the blood elf unique was that he wasn't a high elf/night elf type in terms of being moral and purely good. Flawless morally.

He has the beauty and intelligence of the elves, but he is quite willing to be naughty, deviant, deceptive and grab for power which he loves, and he would do antyhign to get it sometimes, including murder, - this is distintinctive from the high elves. Now ofc not all blood elves would be like that, there would some very much high elven but with the blood elves harder edge, but it is important to have the typeset of what the blood elf is largely framed. Not evil in the malevolent sense demons are, though some are, just amoral.

It is a similar distinction I want to see amongst the highborne order and the nightborne - the new kaldorei highborne order the shen'dralar are rebuilding I feel should be distinct by it's love for harmony and reverence of the wild, and the high nobilitly of the highborne before they became reckless, arrogant and decadent around the invasion period of the pre-sundering era. Farondis highborne in Azsuna are exactly what they should be, and I hope these get restored to boost their numbers and give/show this attitude. The nightborne however are portrayed perfectly in Suramar, this is the invasion period kaldorei culture, so you have a lot of really arrogant and reckless users, not necessarily all evil, but with terrible attitude, you also have good ones like the nightfallen rebellion members who orchestrated the cities return and now lead it, but they are not the only ones, neither are they the most talented. The community is mixed and has aspects of this stage of the kaldorei's past, the good, the bad and the ugly - and in this they are operationally distinct from the kaldorei highborne order with whom they share a similar culture and love of the arcane.

I like that elves have variaions .. this was far more interesting and special than other fantasy genres, like NWN, DND, ES - where elven groups are 1 trick ponies. In wow you have 2 main elven groups, but within them you have so much variation

Night ELves:

Darnassians - druids, priests, sentinels, wardens
    Highborne - mages
    Nightborne - pre-sundering invasion era culture
    Moonguard
    Illidari
    Cenarians - half night elf forest folk
    Satyrs & Naga - the evil ones that were turned into other races, but we suspect can be turned back by Elune.

Look at the variation of druids , mages and order of Elune, there are several groups of each, and each has something different about them.

Thalassians

High elves,
    Blood elves - Farstsriders, Magisters, Blood knights amongst others
    Darkfallen - undead elves
    San'layn - vampiric undead
    Fel elves - good ones like the illidari blood elves and evil ones
    Wretched
    Void elves - and they have an assortment of groups too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    Curious why you would be hostile to Nightborne.

Is it because they are night elven based and your blood elf has had a long despise for night elven stock? I know we don't see it much, but I think you're on to something here.

Technically speaking, if the high elves tried to divorce as much as they could from their kaldorei past, changing their type of arcane culture from the highborne led version of the pre-sundering era (both the invasion era culture and the pre-invasion era culture), divorced themselves from the night and all nocturnal habits, divrocd themselves from Elune … this is a major rejection of ALL of their past, it stands to reason that there would be blood elves that hate nightborne because they are night elven based.

People think that because nightborne are elven arcane culture, and blood elves are too being highborne descendants that they would love each other... but we didn't see the blood elves particularly love the shen'dralar highborne did we, and that's a pure highborne stock unlike Suramar that has a mixture.

Further they don't realise, that in becoming high elves, it didn't mean their love for the arcane, or nature/forestry changed - it just changed from the focuses of their former kaldorei highborne lives. They still loved forests - hence why they picked Quel'thalas and developed the FArstriders, and magically bathed the land in eternal spring. They still loved arcane magic and divine magic - they just did it with a different focus. Arcane switched from the star/moon focus that the kaldorei have, to frost and sun emphasis, and divine magic ignore Elune and light philosophy was deduced.

And while things can change, it stands to reason that there would be blood elves that hate anything purple, and any night elf based elf, whether pre-sundering like the Shen'dralar or the Nightborne or the ancient priest order of Elune, or long vigil like the druids and the Order of Elune modified by Tyrande. it didn't stop them from having arcnae users or rangers similar to the kaldorei highborne era or the sentinel huntresses, they did, they just went about it in a differnet way.

It stands to reason that hey would look down on night elves. From a blood elves' perspective, night elves have WASTED and SQUANDERED elven power they took for granted and was the heritage of all elves, including the Thalassians. Kaldorei of the long vigil unjustly kicked them out because they were too afraid to push forward, Shen'dralar shut themselves up in their city to indulge and gorge on magic in what were the most despicable and decadent behaviour of the highborne that the long vigil group including the high elves had come to despise, cos it was that sort of recklessness, callous arrogance without responsibility that had led to the legion (people seriously don't get the high elves when they think blood elf and nightborne/highborne kaldorei culture are the same.. they are not, the highe elves utterly despised the recklessness of the highborne under Azshara and were ashsmed of their part in it, they tried to prove to the druids that they would be a different type of arcnae user, aware now of the trapping of addiction and the danger of the legion and a heavy priority would be place don ensuring those mistakes were never repeated.Thoguh the druids didn't believe them and ultimately exiled them, the kindgeomd they set up followed those principals, they were far more careful with magic, tha ban'dinoriel were set up, magic was not taught and trained like it was in the days of the kaldorei before the sundering, free, adventuerers, with respect but without fear and certainly not how it became in the invasion era, reckless and arrogant.

Furthermore, from a blood elves' perspective, the nightborne aren't any better than either the shen'dralar or the Darnassians, because they shut themselves up in a city, sat down and never treid to use their power against the legion or azshara even when they felt the world was over run, they never tried to look for survivors, instead kept their magical paradise feeling they were the chosen ones worthy of survival and the inheritance of the legacy of the kaldorei. They were cowards behind the shield, and the same despise Tyrande had for her former people would be present in some blood elves. Rommath remarks what the blood elves would have done if they had a source as powerful as the nightwell. When they look at what the nightborne did, they wasted it as much as the other night elves. Suramar was unchanged, arcnae progress was very slow, even with their time mastery. They didn't make much progress at all. Trapped in a bubble with limited resources, the city is exactly the same as it was, and the magical advancements done in 10,000 years are small, they seem advanced to everyone because the state of the night elves at the time of the sundering was much more advanced than even what the blood elves had achieved. They had far more lost knowledge in tact from a global empire, knowledge the reliquary acknowledges that the elves have lost most of and still not recovered. Yet what they did was so little. Compared to the high elves, and what the high elves did with their resources, they have every right to look down on ALL night elves - Darnassians, Shen'dralar, Shal'dorei alike - these guys squandered power that could have been used to transform the world, make it far more robust against the legion and be far more prepared for some of the disasters that followed suit.

Because they’re ugly (Well, it’s a coin flip depending on whether or not they’re an NPC), stupid, seemingly lack magical talent for anything beyond teleportation and bubbles and I don’t want them interbreeding with Sin’dorei.

It is also wrong to assume every nightborne would love the blood elves. They know how to talk the talk, praise their new allies, but there would be those who consider htem infereior, the blood elf is a devolved night elf, and the shald'roei is an enhanced one, albeit with a chronic deficit - that can't come with normal life and will. porbably revert to the stable kaldorei form eventually once the arcan'dor has completed its work.

Still, the blood elves are lesser as a consequence genetically, and we know their are some very arrogant nightborne who do not think like Thalyssra and Occuleth, who believe the Kaldorei are the greatest thing ever on the planet and all are beneath, they wouldn't look at what the Thalassians achieved with less, any more than they would consider that the lowborne dominated kaldorei resistance defeated the burning legion's first invasion, then did it a second time without using precious night elven arcane magic.

they wouldn't care, they are lowborne and not in cities and of lesser state, what they achieve is just because elven stock is incredible, and they the aristocrat nightborne are at the top oft hat chain, having successfully maintained the wonders of kaldorei arcana for 10k years while the lowborne failed, and the devolved elves made a kingdom of far lesser quality and scope, failing to grasp the higher principals of magic common day across the empire.

This is how they would view it, and they would look down on all the other elves as having lost their way and become disgraces to the nobility and high standard of the Kaldorei. This is the kaldorei empire mindset, and they would believe the Shal'dorei are the only true and worthy elves that carry and bear the special, noble and divine mantle of leadership, grace and intellect above all other races.

Arrogance ofc, but you have to understand that this would exist too on the converse. It's just that blizzard don't have or care to show all these nuances and details that would exist.

It won't all be friendly and mutual love and respect on both sides unless something in the story shows the attitude of all those elves has changed. Like it did for the shen'dralar when it shows they ALL came off magical addiction and actually had a level of humility in approaching their kin, to ensure their people band together to survive the great danger coming.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes ofc, but you can be loyal to Quel'thalas but still be immoral or amoral unlike the high elf who is very moral like their night elf kin, - one of the thigns that made the blood elf unique was that he wasn't a high elf/night elf type in terms of being moral and purely good. Flawless morally.

He has the beauty and intelligence of the elves, but he is quite willing to be naughty, deviant, deceptive and grab for power which he loves, and he would do antyhign to get it sometimes, including murder, - this is distintinctive from the high elves. Now ofc not all blood elves would be like that, there would some very much high elven but with the blood elves harder edge, but it is important to have the typeset of what the blood elf is largely framed. Not evil in the malevolent sense demons are, though some are, just amoral.

It is a similar distinction I want to see amongst the highborne order and the nightborne - the new kaldorei highborne order the shen'dralar are rebuilding I feel should be distinct by it's love for harmony and reverence of the wild, and the high nobilitly of the highborne before they became reckless, arrogant and decadent around the invasion period of the pre-sundering era. Farondis highborne in Azsuna are exactly what they should be, and I hope these get restored to boost their numbers and give/show this attitude. The nightborne however are portrayed perfectly in Suramar, this is the invasion period kaldorei culture, so you have a lot of really arrogant and reckless users, not necessarily all evil, but with terrible attitude, you also have good ones like the nightfallen rebellion members who orchestrated the cities return and now lead it, but they are not the only ones, neither are they the most talented. The community is mixed and has aspects of this stage of the kaldorei's past, the good, the bad and the ugly - and in this they are operationally distinct from the kaldorei highborne order with whom they share a similar culture and love of the arcane.

I like that elves have variaions .. this was far more interesting and special than other fantasy genres, like NWN, DND, ES - where elven groups are 1 trick ponies. In wow you have 2 main elven groups, but within them you have so much variation

Night ELves:

Darnassians - druids, priests, sentinels, wardens
    Highborne - mages
    Nightborne - pre-sundering invasion era culture
    Moonguard
    Illidari
    Cenarians - half night elf forest folk
    Satyrs & Naga - the evil ones that were turned into other races, but we suspect can be turned back by Elune.

Look at the variation of druids , mages and order of Elune, there are several groups of each, and each has something different about them.

Thalassians

High elves,
    Blood elves - Farstsriders, Magisters, Blood knights amongst others
    Darkfallen - undead elves
    San'layn - vampiric undead
    Fel elves - good ones like the illidari blood elves and evil ones
    Wretched
    Void elves - and they have an assortment of groups too.
    you do not understand what blood elves are, right? the history of the blood elves is a story of redemption they were desperate their world was destroyed they were suffering and kaelthas gave them an alternative the amoral and immoral alternative of allying themselves to the legion of becoming demons and the blood elves playable loyal to quelthalas rejected it , despite all the pain of all the suffering despite all the despair, they decided to remain loyal to their nation and their people even against their prince.
    that can be clearly seen in rommath as despite being someone loyal to the prince he ultimately remained loyal to quelthalas and understood that kael's way was the wrong one.
    rommath says it in the short story of lorthemar what they did in the pasodo was wrong it was a mistake you can not cross those limits.
    the blood elves are light elves now, it's something I really liked listening to in the questline heritage armor! lorthemar use term beloredorei !! we are light elves we are beloredoei!

Are you playing the side of the horde? quel'thalas and suramar will remain united after the end of the factions! Clearly thalyssra fully relies on lorthemar and the nightborne feel very comfortable with the blood elves as allies! I like to see them work together in zuldazar!

I believe that all elves must join but not the undead! they have their own faction

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Because they’re ugly (Well, it’s a coin flip depending on whether or not they’re an NPC), stupid, seemingly lack magical talent for anything beyond teleportation and bubbles and I don’t want them interbreeding with Sin’dorei.
    I don't believe wow is the sort of game where players have to be concerned with "interbreeding". In-game time I think it's only been like 5 years, even though IRL WoW has existed for just about 15 years.