View Poll Results: Woudl your elf alter his existing allegiance if you could choose?>

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would play my blood elf allied to humans and former ally races as a high elf

    27 34.18%
  • would play my nightborne allied to night elves as a highborne ally

    16 20.25%
  • I would play my void elf prioritising blood elves over other alliance races

    14 17.72%
  • I would play my night elf strongly independently

    20 25.32%
  • My blood elf will identify as high elf if he could.

    17 21.52%
  • I would remain blood elf but be open

    17 21.52%
  • I wil forever be an alliance races hating blood elf.

    11 13.92%
  • My nightborne will identify with the Kaldorei if I could

    16 20.25%
  • My nightborne will be friendly with highborne kaldorei only

    8 10.13%
  • My nightborne will hate every race ever associated with the alliance.

    5 6.33%
  • My void elf would ientify with the blood elves if he could

    11 13.92%
  • My void elf would identify with the high elves and blood elves both

    16 20.25%
  • My void elf would hate both blood elves and every former horde race with extreme prejudice

    2 2.53%
  • My highborne (night elf) would identify with the horde elves if he could.

    4 5.06%
  • My highborne (night elf) would distance himself with druid/priest kaldorei

    4 5.06%
  • My highborne (night elf) would only ever associate with other kaldorei and be extremely xenophobic

    2 2.53%
  • My night elf would be neutral to humans and be xenophobic

    10 12.66%
  • My night elf would hate highborne night elves and all the derivative races from them.

    3 3.80%
  • I would like to be able to play as San'layn and Cenairon half elves (dryad/keepers)

    16 20.25%
  • I would like to play highborne night elves with a unique aesthetic to other Nelves

    12 15.19%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
  1. #61
    Warchief FlubberPuddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    2,031
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Because they’re ugly (Well, it’s a coin flip depending on whether or not they’re an NPC), stupid, seemingly lack magical talent for anything beyond teleportation and bubbles and I don’t want them interbreeding with Sin’dorei.
    I don't believe wow is the sort of game where players have to be concerned with "interbreeding". In-game time I think it's only been like 5 years, even though IRL WoW has existed for just about 15 years.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Because they’re ugly (Well, it’s a coin flip depending on whether or not they’re an NPC), stupid, seemingly lack magical talent for anything beyond teleportation and bubbles and I don’t want them interbreeding with Sin’dorei.
    Funny, I 100% agree too. The minute i saw them, I didn't want them on the horde, I was like.. night elf fans - like Ravenmoon, you can have em, we don't want em. I would have preferred Lightforged draenei on our side, or void elves.. they are just so ugly.

    however what do you think of my explanation? I thought it was a good point I figured out.

  3. #63
    The Insane Aeula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Posts
    16,198
    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    Funny, I 100% agree too. The minute i saw them, I didn't want them on the horde, I was like.. night elf fans - like Ravenmoon, you can have em, we don't want em. I would have preferred Lightforged draenei on our side, or void elves.. they are just so ugly.

    however what do you think of my explanation? I thought it was a good point I figured out.
    I can kinda see why they'd look down on their closeness to Kaldorei culture. But I think their storylines are similar enough that most wouldn't care. (Suramar being a cheap rip off of the Blood Elf story. Another reason I don't care for Nightborne all that much).

  4. #64
    I would stick to the Horde with my elves, except for night elves, of course. In fact, night elves aren't elves.
    I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread

  5. #65
    My blood elf demon hunter would just cast off all allegiances, and just ride solo. Start a new life somewhere in the wilderness far from civilization, like Solid Snake.

  6. #66
    I always liked the mercenary mode in games, doing shit for those who pays the most. Couldn't care less about their reasons.
    Hate being ordered around, go there, do this... I'll do what want.

    I mean, who cares what my character ancestors did? Why would I hate/like the same factions they did? Just because someone says so?
    Fuck no, don't wanna be mindless sheep.
    Last edited by kaminaris; 2019-07-12 at 04:05 PM.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn the Second View Post
    I'm a Thalassian patriot. I always play my blood elves as loyal to Quel'Thalas first (and deeply sympathetic towards Sylvanas, perhaps making them more tolerant of her than they should be) and then loyal to the Horde second.

    My main blood elf - a hunter who I think of as a Farstrider - definitely puts Quel'Thalas first and considers the prosperity and safety of the Sin'dorei as paramount. But, he has fought along side the other races of the Horde for a long time now. They've helped him take revenge against the Lich King, stave off the Cataclysm and send the Burning Legion packing. He has a lot of respect for his comrades in the Horde.
    Being a Farstrider, he loves being out in nature, so I imagine that he has a soft spot for tauren and has maybe even spent some time swapping wisdom with tauren huntsman on the Mulgore plains.

    However, if Quel'Thalas and the Horde ever came into conflict, my blood elves would always put Silvermoon first.

    I've never been interested in the perpetuation of the faction war and by extension my characters aren't either. My blood elves will always be thankful to the Draenei for their help in the reclamation and cleansing of the Sunwell.

    On the Alliance side, even my void elves would do everything they could to avoid impacting Quel'Thalas negatively.
    Exactly this. For my Blood Elves it's Quel'thalas first. Personally I'm sick to death of the faction war and would be happy if they ended it - I just hate that they do it at the cost of another goddamn Horde Warchief.

    I would like to play as a San'layn if I could, though. Considering they were among Kael's elite army there must certainly be some among them that still feel strong ties to their homeland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    when i learned anythin from mmo-c then it is that shit is only bad when the horde does it
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    you do not understand what blood elves are, right? the history of the blood elves is a story of redemption they were desperate their world was destroyed they were suffering and kaelthas gave them an alternative the amoral and immoral alternative of allying themselves to the legion of becoming demons and the blood elves playable loyal to quelthalas rejected it , despite all the pain of all the suffering despite all the despair, they decided to remain loyal to their nation and their people even against their prince.
    that can be clearly seen in rommath as despite being someone loyal to the prince he ultimately remained loyal to quelthalas and understood that kael's way was the wrong one.
    rommath says it in the short story of lorthemar what they did in the pasodo was wrong it was a mistake you can not cross those limits.
    the blood elves are light elves now, it's something I really liked listening to in the questline heritage armor! lorthemar use term beloredorei !! we are light elves we are beloredoei!

    Are you playing the side of the horde? quel'thalas and suramar will remain united after the end of the factions! Clearly thalyssra fully relies on lorthemar and the nightborne feel very comfortable with the blood elves as allies! I like to see them work together in zuldazar!

    I believe that all elves must join but not the undead! they have their own faction
    Okay.. I agree with most of what you say - (thanks for completely failing to acknowledge anything I said that you agreed with, - it's fine to disagree with people on things, but don't forget to mention the parts you do agree with.).

    THe only thing I don't quite agree on is that Thalyssra fully relies on Lor'themar...what makes you think that? Outside the general "need for allies", I have not seen anything that makes me believe Thalyssra and the nightborne "fully rely" (as you put it) on Lor'themar.


    Besides, while it's nice to see them work together, my point was not that that wasn't happening, I was pointing out the different sort of elf the blood elf could have been. and stating that I would have preferred that sort of representation more to the forefront of the blood elves.

    But the bottomline is blizzard doesn't show racially culture and characterisation very well, the game doesn't focus enough on each race to highlight these things continuously enough to make them stick. They usually got round that by strongly defining it in the race's introduction expansion, but after a while if you don't keep occasionally reminding people that while a race can change and make progress, it still has some core defining differences as were highlighted in its start.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Okay.. I agree with most of what you say - (thanks for completely failing to acknowledge anything I said that you agreed with, - it's fine to disagree with people on things, but don't forget to mention the parts you do agree with.).

    THe only thing I don't quite agree on is that Thalyssra fully relies on Lor'themar...what makes you think that? Outside the general "need for allies", I have not seen anything that makes me believe Thalyssra and the nightborne "fully rely" (as you put it) on Lor'themar.


    Besides, while it's nice to see them work together, my point was not that that wasn't happening, I was pointing out the different sort of elf the blood elf could have been. and stating that I would have preferred that sort of representation more to the forefront of the blood elves.

    But the bottomline is blizzard doesn't show racially culture and characterisation very well, the game doesn't focus enough on each race to highlight these things continuously enough to make them stick. They usually got round that by strongly defining it in the race's introduction expansion, but after a while if you don't keep occasionally reminding people that while a race can change and make progress, it still has some core defining differences as were highlighted in its start.
    When the arrest of Baine
    Thalyssra:
    "Our rebellion against Elisande was just, and it earned me a blade in the back." I pray Baine does not meet a similar fate.

    The nightborne are still new to the Horde. Perhaps I should seek Lor'themar's council. I have understands what my people have endured, and I have learned much through our conversations. "

    Are you playing nazjatar on the side of the horde? it is clear that they get along very well!

    I hope to see that the end of the factions can help all the elves to improve their relationships. but not the undead they are undead and they have to be with the undead. please stop including the undead, it's as if I told you that forsaken have to join humans because they were human, now they are undead and they have to be with those who are like them.
    Last edited by Rhlor; 2019-07-12 at 08:10 PM.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    When the arrest of Baine
    Thalyssra:
    "Our rebellion against Elisande was just, and it earned me a blade in the back." I pray Baine does not meet a similar fate.

    The nightborne are still new to the Horde. Perhaps I should seek Lor'themar's council. I have understands what my people have endured, and I have learned much through our conversations. "

    Are you playing nazjatar on the side of the horde? it is clear that they get along very well!

    I hope to see that the end of the factions can help all the elves to improve their relationships. but not the undead they are undead and they have to be with the undead. please stop including the undead, it's as if I told you that forsaken have to join humans because they were human, now they are undead and they have to be with those who are like them.
    No , I haven't done all of naz'jatar yet, on either faction.


    And I think she meant learned much about the horde.

    I'm off two minds about the undead, it hink it's cool that some undead are more attached to their former lives and as such help the living versions.. I think DKs, San'layn and Ravencrests fit perfectly, however the rest of the undead elves, like the darkfallen, the dark rangers and others, yes they should be with the undeads exclusively.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •