Frost DK and World PvP

I came back for 8.2 and when I got back to the game my gear was around 355ish. After a few carries in Battle of Derp and farming the new gear I'm up near 395ish depending on the trinkets that I choose. The thing that really stands out to me right now is how well frost DK is in world PvP and RBGs. The survivability is astounding. The damage output feels good too. The only thing that's a bummer is the mobility but that's easily overcome with proper use of chains of ice.

Is anyone else really loving their frost DK for world PvP right now or RBGs? Anything that you're seeing that stands out as a problem for you? About the only time I really run into trouble is when it's 3+v1.

Frost dks are not as fun as blood in world pvp imo, whats more fun then being an god with great heals and damage as good as frost dk lol

Unholy is the better spec rbgs, as well as dueling, so I'm guessing that it's better for world pvp as well. It just has more of all...dmg, utility, survival, mobility...

+1 mate. If you are passionate about your spec, you will outperform any other spec, especially when it comes to pvp where everything is so situational. Same here my friend, played frost, also in times when it was seen as the lesser spec, but after truly mastering the spec I managed to outperform the unholy dks that just choose to play that spec because the data said so.

If you want to PvP just go unholy really it is better on so many fronts, asking for improvements at this point is very much wishful thinking and it rarely happens.

Be happy that DK has a top tier PvP spec right now, we have seen worse times.

Also 395 is rather low, you must have been lucky in who you meet most people can survive your burst and you'll be a sitting duck really.

Quote Originally Posted by ashbest View Post
    +1 mate. If you are passionate about your spec, you will outperform any other spec, especially when it comes to pvp where everything is so situational. Same here my friend, played frost, also in times when it was seen as the lesser spec, but after truly mastering the spec I managed to outperform the unholy dks that just choose to play that spec because the data said so.
    That's not how this game works, mate. While I often disagree when people dismiss skill completely, it does play a diminished role in the outcome. Some classes will dominate others because of their design and some will be op because of dubious balance and there is nothing you can do, no matter how much passion you bring to the table. It's the same as saying you can become as fast as Usain Bolt if only you train hard enough. Nope.

Go Unholy. Everything Frost can do in pvp, Unholy does better

Quote Originally Posted by ashbest View Post
    This couldn't be more wrong. Some specs will just lose to other specs unless the other player is exceptionally bad

I think this is the best way for pve and pvp...

I dunno, man. Some people say frost rocks, and others say it sucks. It's pretty hard to get a correct impression from hearsay.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Go Unholy. Everything Frost can do in pvp, Unholy does better
    Frost is easier and straightforward to play. This means it's harder to make mistakes on it, and you can play it better than a complex spec which is better on paper but where you do the wrong moves at the wrong times pretty often.