Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    If you get charmed or arcane bombed with spear it's pretty much a near wipe.
    How and why? That sounds like a positioning issue. Ranged should at no point of the fight be anywhere near the boss or the myrmidon. In p3 they can stand on the edge near the Lady Venomtongue - they need to interrupt her while killing Serena (where the melee and the boss are). If you get beckon and spear at the same time, so what? You are far away from the boss and the spear won't hit anything. Nobody should stay anywhere near a player who has either beckon or spear on them, let alone both.

And what about the arcane burst? Are you not dispeling them hidden from the line of sight? You have 20 seconds to do that, or you can just let it expire, again, hidden. Are you getting hit by the spear while you are hidden and so the spear explodes or what?

Hc Azshara felt to be about as hard as jaina or ghuun was.

Previous bosses felt slightly easier than the norm thou.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    The disparity in difficulty between the first bosses and the last three is hilarious.

Court and Zo'qul aren't really hard but the way they feel like they have actual mechanics while every other boss feels like a weird tank and spank is probably some of the worst difficulty disparity we've gotten from a raid in awhile.
    The mechanics of Court (on Heroic; no comment on Mythic yet) aren't terribly difficult; it's more that the enrage is tighter than some previous bosses. Gearing solves that.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Hc Azshara felt to be about as hard as jaina or ghuun was.

Previous bosses felt slightly easier than the norm thou.
    First week Jaina had free action pots to make her significantly easier. No such thing on Azshara.

Based on heroic, this feels like another firelands fiasco.

Where every boss just falls over then the last one is a huge spike in difficulty.

Hopefully mythic is smoother.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

Difficulty curve peaked in MoP tbh, I've felt like most instances since been 1 boss raids, ToT probably had the best, we will obviously have to wait till mythic. Overall though 7/8 were easy as fuck, and I've not pulled Azshara yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Xephyros View Post
    Difficulty curve peaked in MoP tbh, I've felt like most instances since been 1 boss raids, ToT probably had the best, we will obviously have to wait till mythic. Overall though 7/8 were easy as fuck, and I've not pulled Azshara yet.
    ToT was the same, with the exception of Dark Animus. Twin Consorts' health was too high and not fixed until the reset. All others fell over fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Xephyros View Post
    Difficulty curve peaked in MoP tbh,
    Depends if you played 10 or 25 version, because some bosses had extreme imbalance how much easier / harder was to handle the strat with more / less people.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Depends if you played 10 or 25 version, because some bosses had extreme imbalance how much easier / harder was to handle the strat with more / less people.
    Talking about 25hc here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Justwait View Post
    ToT was the same, with the exception of Dark Animus. Twin Consorts' health was too high and not fixed until the reset. All others fell over fast.
    I mean the overall difficulty curve felt better though for me, durumu was an ecellent mid tier fight, dark animus is still one of my favourite encounters to this day. From your point of view what was the best difficulty curve you have progressed through? If their even was one Haha.

Edit: maybe it's an illusion of having 14 bosses
    Last edited by Xephyros; 2019-07-15 at 05:21 PM.

The first three bosses are very easy and have few mechanics, while the last three bosses have a lot more mechanics and are more engaging. Overall pretty good.

The only one that seemed undertuned in my opinion was Orgozoa. He was easier than Ashvane, and my guild one shot it on heroic before phase 2 adds spawned, which shouldn't be the case given our average ilvl was only about 418.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Good people without time would fit under the tourist category, I believe.
    not really, I understand what jiih is trying to say. As a college student with a pretty demanding degree I can really only handle a casual/heroic setting at the moment. The problem with that is that blizzard seems to be slowly making heroic easier. This makes it so that I'm only progressing on heroic for like two or three weeks at most, and then I get left behind when my guild decides to try out mythic, because the time commitment of grinding azerite, mythic+, and gold is just too much for my current life right now.

People always vastly overestimate the time requirement to raid Mythic. I'm in a 5h/week guild and we're top 500 consistently. Sure, that's not hardcore or super competitive, but it's still challenging for us to fit that goal in the 5h timeframe.

What's the hardest part? Setting aside 2.5h on 2 evenings. Getting a +10 done, doing 4 WQ every day and capping islands takes no time and there's always people ready to help others in the guild because we know it can't work any other way.

There are plenty of raidloggers in our group simply because these guys, like me, just cannot afford to play a lot given our jobs/family/etc. It works if you're in a good guild that wants to make it work.

Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post
    Based on heroic, this feels like another firelands fiasco.

Where every boss just falls over then the last one is a huge spike in difficulty.

Hopefully mythic is smoother.
    It seems like they've attempted to correct their tuning crisis in Mythic. Ashvane has lasted for more than 1 pull so far.

Same old overtuned AoE and add clusterfucks in circular rooms for another 6 months. Blizzard's raid design hasn't evolved at all in the past couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Same old overtuned AoE and add clusterfucks in circular rooms for another 6 months. Blizzard's raid design hasn't evolved at all in the past couple of years.
    wat

none of what you said made any sense lmao

a lot of posts in this thread have not aged well. after day one of mythic only 160 guilds killed the first boss. and EU has been open for 6 hours or so too

https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us.../rating.tier24

this guild was us 27th with a very respectable uu'nat kill. wiped 12 times on the first boss. lady ashvane is a straight up wall rn.

whaddya know, a bunch of people on mmo-c talking directly out of their butts

Quote Originally Posted by youswas View Post
    a lot of posts in this thread have not aged well. after day one of mythic only 160 guilds killed the first boss. and EU has been open for 6 hours or so too

https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us.../rating.tier24

this guild was us 27th with a very respectable uu'nat kill. wiped 12 times on the first boss. lady ashvane is a straight up wall rn.
    First 3 bosses seem like usual entry bosses, it's just too early in the week, EU didn't even go into raiding hours except "day raiding" hardcore guilds, I'm pretty sure by the end of the reset we'll have healthy amount of 3/8m guilds. First boss not being a goddamn pushover is actually a good thing, Taloc and especially Champions of Light were a joke undeserving the label of "mythic", free weapon / trinket / azerite dispenser to people who never passed hc Zul / Conclave.

Ashvane being a wall we'll see, will it get fetid treatment? Aka stonewall all top guilds so they're on the equal footing then open the floodgates? Will it turn into class stack fiesta? Being "just a gear check" would be actually fine, unfortunately this will probably be trivialized by top guilds running 4 splitruns and shitton of m+. The times when you had to slowly progress through the raid and obtain gear necessary to progress are long gone after playerbase found ways to speed up loot acquisition and sources of loot are also plentiful, esp. with titanforge abound.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    First 3 bosses seem like usual entry bosses, it's just too early in the week, EU didn't even go into raiding hours except "day raiding" hardcore guilds, I'm pretty sure by the end of the reset we'll have healthy amount of 3/8m guilds. First boss not being a goddamn pushover is actually a good thing, Taloc and especially Champions of Light were a joke undeserving the label of "mythic", free weapon / trinket / azerite dispenser to people who never passed hc Zul / Conclave.

Ashvane being a wall we'll see, will it get fetid treatment? Aka stonewall all top guilds so they're on the equal footing then open the floodgates? Will it turn into class stack fiesta? Being "just a gear check" would be actually fine, unfortunately this will probably be trivialized by top guilds running 4 splitruns and shitton of m+. The times when you had to slowly progress through the raid and obtain gear necessary to progress are long gone after playerbase found ways to speed up loot acquisition and sources of loot are also plentiful, esp. with titanforge abound.
    we'll have to see how much extra power Limit's splits provide them

Quote Originally Posted by youswas View Post
    we'll have to see how much extra power Limit's splits provide them
    Well apparently Method killed Ashvane so it's not "mathematically impossible", of course average guild will need much more gear to beat it, but at least this isn't Crucible where no gear improvements are to be had - we have around 20 ilvls to gain this time.

An issue I'm having is the raid seems to be putting very high load on my computer. Have the WoW devs made the mistake of thinking good graphics > good game play?

EDIT: to make it clear, this is a deal breaking problem. My dps has suffered to the point that I cannot do progression raiding in my guild. So, I'm either going to have to get this solved (likely by buying a new computer) or I'm going to let my sub lapse.

This is the same problem that made me bounce off the remastered FF14, although it's not quite as dire as that was yet.
    Last edited by Osmeric; 2019-07-19 at 11:15 AM.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    An issue I'm having is the raid seems to be putting very high load on my computer. Have the WoW devs made the mistake of thinking good graphics > good game play?
    without knowing what your specs are, your config it is open for anyone to say what the reason could be

i didnt have a single drop but i have a decent computer

to answer your question: no
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow