Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quite an expert in wow View Post
    without knowing what your specs are, your config it is open for anyone to say what the reason could be

i didnt have a single drop but i have a decent computer

to answer your question: no
    Azshara is pretty bad on most pc's, especially with a lot of moonkins.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Azshara is pretty bad on most pc's, especially with a lot of moonkins.
    i do wonder how good people's pc's are
    are they running on the absolute minimum hardware requirements?

just so it's clear: i absolutely believe some graphic stuff can be designed in a wrong way
    but from personal experience i've seen people raiding wow with their absolutely awful laptop or pc that just doesn't run wow smoothly, and i tend towards that idea when i see complaints about how badly the graphics are designed
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

Azshara is a huge lag fiesta with 25+ man raid. Using abilities feels like you have 2000ms, which is not caused by fps drop.
    One time the boss lagged so much Decrees came with a 5 second delay. It's not caused by PC specs, 9700k 5GHz, 32gb, 2060 RTX.
    Same lag happens on other bosses as well with a big raid size, again not fps drop but LAG. Can't remember having this bad lag issues in earlier raids even with a big raid size. Seems like the instance servers can't handle the load with a lot of shit happening.
    Last edited by jooseppia; 2019-07-19 at 08:00 AM.

Speaking of Azshara, does anyone get FPS drops specifically every 5 seconds? Didn't improve with lower settings either. Couldn't figure out if an addon or WA was doing it either. I was in a 29 man raid so I was expecting it to be laggy, but it was really bizarre to get such a consistent drop that didnt improve/worsen with different settings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone tried her without addons? It's probably a combination of CPU stress and memory hogging.

I haven't noticed any problems on Azshara. My FPS is locked at 75 FPS and I haven't seen in drop significantly below that with 25 people.
    I run elvUI, a bunch of personal WA's, Details and BigWigs.

9600k, 32 GB DDR4, RTX 2070 @ 1080p75

Quote Originally Posted by Wiltrold View Post
    I haven't noticed any problems on Azshara. My FPS is locked at 75 FPS and I haven't seen in drop significantly below that with 25 people.
    I run elvUI, a bunch of personal WA's, Details and BigWigs.

9600k, 32 GB DDR4, RTX 2070 @ 1080p75
    fps is not the whole story. Frametimes play a larger part.

You can literally have 60 of your frames processed within 200ms, and the other 15 done in the other 800ms. Massive lag spike, but your fps counter will still show 75, as if nothing happened.

The human eye catches that motion.

I run a very performant setup myself, practically similar to yours and the problem exists. It's visible when you run your frames unlocked, then you can actually see it in the counter numbers too.

Just for reference: i7-8086k, 1080ti, 32GB RAM.

0 class balance and 0 Azshara nerfs. Perfect balance or has Blizzard just given up?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    0 class balance and 0 Azshara nerfs. Perfect balance or has Blizzard just given up?
    Class balance seems ok so far this raid other than the occassional hiccups (multidots and especially shadowpriest, but those were honestly expected), melee aren't really favored on (mythic) Azshara unfortunately though, unless they can blink/tp. Some specs are wildly underperforming like arcane mages and destro locks, but these classes got other, much stronger specs to compensate.

So, any Ashvane mythic nerfs in sight?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Class balance seems ok so far this raid other than the occassional hiccups (multidots and especially shadowpriest, but those were honestly expected), melee aren't really favored on (mythic) Azshara unfortunately though, unless they can blink/tp. Some specs are wildly underperforming like arcane mages and destro locks, but these classes got other, much stronger specs to compensate.
    Healer balance is great... if you're disc or holy paladin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there a trend of mid-expansion last bosses being the hardest? Ragnaros, Blackhand, Gul'dan always seemed very hard to me compared to the majority if the expansion. Now Azshara too?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Is there a trend of mid-expansion last bosses being the hardest? Ragnaros, Blackhand, Gul'dan always seemed very hard to me compared to the majority if the expansion. Now Azshara too?
    In WoD, Archimonde took roughly 150 more tries than Blackhand. KJ was harder than Guldan too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    In WoD, Archimonde took roughly 150 more tries than Blackhand. KJ was harder than Guldan too.
    Is that from a mythic perspective? I was referring to heroic mostly as that was my endgame. Also KJ is still mid expansion (kinda).

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is that from a mythic perspective? I was referring to heroic mostly as that was my endgame. Also KJ is still mid expansion (kinda).
    Heroic Archimonde was still harder than Blackhand... especially since Blackhand had a messed up scaling for larger raid groups, which was only hotfixed after several days and made him much harder than he should have been for 20+ people.

I think Archimonde HC was harder than Blackhand HC too. KJ HC was definitely harder than Argus though and probably harder than Guldan. Not especially because of the dps/hps required, but it required more personal responsability.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Heroic Archimonde was still harder than Blackhand... especially since Blackhand had a messed up scaling for larger raid groups, which was only hotfixed after several days and made him much harder than he should have been for 20+ people.
    I see. What about Ragnaros/Deathwing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    I think Archimonde HC was harder than Blackhand HC too. KJ HC was definitely harder than Argus though and probably harder than Guldan. Not especially because of the dps/hps required, but it required more personal responsability.
    I found Archie to be pretty easy tbh. But that's largely because of ring/gear inflation and a TON more time to get it down. Thinking of it, maybe that's why the lasting impression I got is that mid exp = harder.

Well, the hardest boss in BC was Kael'thas, if only because he was bugged and probably overtuned to oblivion. In Wrath it was Yogg+0. In Cata it was H Ragnaros. In Mists it was probably H Lei Shen. In WoD however, Archimonde was definitely harder than Blackhand for both Heroic and Mythic. And in Legion KJ was the hardest in H and M also.

So far BfA's hardest boss by far was U'unat who is pretty much the equal of KJ more or less. Azshara might or might not be harder in the end, but N'zoth would have to be an absolute, 800+ pulls nightmare of a fight to top U'unat alone. So I would say there is indeed a general trend.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Azshara doesn't need any nerfs yet. Endbosses aren't meant to fall over in a week, both mythic for top guilds and heroics to random yolo pug. Heroic progression guilds exist, they shouldn't be out of content too fast. This week ppl are getting rank 3 raid essence (maybe next week if you are progressing heroic and not clearing).

Class balance is another story, basically no reason to play any melee that isn't rogue / dh, warriors and rets see a bit of usage but enhance, feral, survival, ww, dps dks are basically sidelined, bring nothing of value. Brewmasters dominate fucken AGAIN (making windwalkers obsolete for the monk buff because every raid runs brewmasters), maybe warriors still are in consideration, but other tanks are useless except maybe pala / dk as Ashvane soak bot (can be done by offspec).

Healer balance is a disaster, disc / hpala are miles ahead in usefulness of any other healer. R Shamans had their moment on Jaina and now back to dumpster tier because on nearly every boss raid needs to spread and move a lot. I would seriously wish they'd just delete disc from the game, it's been constantly creeping up to OP tier since basically wotlk. And when it's not OP, it's worthless, so it's basically impossible to balance despite bazillion reworks the spec had.

Sick of having 1 healer spec be so mandatory every single time. Also makes holy priests completely pushed out, raiding - disc, pvp - disc, m+ - well definitely not holy. The spec that was meant to be "the quintessence of a healer" is now the worst of all healers. Thanks Blizz.

Basically I see 3 huge issues:
    1. Raids are constantly full of melee unfriendly designs pushing any melee class that isn't the best of the best out. Ranged classes don't have this issue, or at least not as bad.
    2. Disc design makes healing balance impossible to achieve, either disc is op and mandatory, or disc is worthless spec.
    3. Same about brewmaster. The spec design makes it either THE best tank for raids, or completely worthless.