Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    An issue I'm having is the raid seems to be putting very high load on my computer. Have the WoW devs made the mistake of thinking good graphics > good game play?

EDIT: to make it clear, this is a deal breaking problem. My dps has suffered to the point that I cannot do progression raiding in my guild. So, I'm either going to have to get this solved (likely by buying a new computer) or I'm going to let my sub lapse.

This is the same problem that made me bounce off the remastered FF14, although it's not quite as dire as that was yet.
    Last edited by Osmeric; 2019-07-19 at 11:15 AM.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler
    Q: Why was the anti-vaxxer's 4 year old child crying? A: Midlife crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    An issue I'm having is the raid seems to be putting very high load on my computer. Have the WoW devs made the mistake of thinking good graphics > good game play?
    without knowing what your specs are, your config it is open for anyone to say what the reason could be

i didnt have a single drop but i have a decent computer

to answer your question: no
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

Quote Originally Posted by quite an expert in wow View Post
    without knowing what your specs are, your config it is open for anyone to say what the reason could be

i didnt have a single drop but i have a decent computer

to answer your question: no
    Azshara is pretty bad on most pc's, especially with a lot of moonkins.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Azshara is pretty bad on most pc's, especially with a lot of moonkins.
    i do wonder how good people's pc's are
    are they running on the absolute minimum hardware requirements?

just so it's clear: i absolutely believe some graphic stuff can be designed in a wrong way
    but from personal experience i've seen people raiding wow with their absolutely awful laptop or pc that just doesn't run wow smoothly, and i tend towards that idea when i see complaints about how badly the graphics are designed
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

Azshara is a huge lag fiesta with 25+ man raid. Using abilities feels like you have 2000ms, which is not caused by fps drop.
    One time the boss lagged so much Decrees came with a 5 second delay. It's not caused by PC specs, 9700k 5GHz, 32gb, 2060 RTX.
    Same lag happens on other bosses as well with a big raid size, again not fps drop but LAG. Can't remember having this bad lag issues in earlier raids even with a big raid size. Seems like the instance servers can't handle the load with a lot of shit happening.
    Last edited by jooseppia; 2019-07-19 at 08:00 AM.

Speaking of Azshara, does anyone get FPS drops specifically every 5 seconds? Didn't improve with lower settings either. Couldn't figure out if an addon or WA was doing it either. I was in a 29 man raid so I was expecting it to be laggy, but it was really bizarre to get such a consistent drop that didnt improve/worsen with different settings.

Anyone tried her without addons? It's probably a combination of CPU stress and memory hogging.

I haven't noticed any problems on Azshara. My FPS is locked at 75 FPS and I haven't seen in drop significantly below that with 25 people.
    I run elvUI, a bunch of personal WA's, Details and BigWigs.

9600k, 32 GB DDR4, RTX 2070 @ 1080p75