Page 1 of 3
LastLast

8.2 best patch wow has made yet? (after raid)

8.2 so far has been really really really good. Compare it to some of the past .2s, 7.2 (terrible, but to be fair all of legion was) 5.2 (Meh fun if you like pandas). The amount of content you get is unprecedented. 2 new zones, flying, an amazing dungeon , might be the best in the game behind the mana tombs , the best raid the game has had yet (imo, maybe not as good as firelands) , the bethenic system, the amount of mounts (no pun intended XD) and season 3 of bfa, which has been maybe the most balance season of the game, essences really help bad classes shine. The cut scene just revealed after ashara gets owned shows great potential for a underwater expansion which I always wanted. This patch literally is so good I cried the first time I logged on, Bfa keeps getting better and I hope that Ion stays for a long time with the dev team. Mechagome is probably the best zone the game has ever had, its so creative and makes me feel like a tinker class (wink wink make them for 9.0 XD) . I also am enjoying warmode and the free 15% extra damage sense alliance arnt really putting up a fight against the horde these days hahah. Hmm on another note does anyone enjoy guildwars 2? Been trying that on the side a little and enjoying the warrior class, I think wow should take some things from guild wars to make wow the best game ever made, actually who am I kidding it already is, but it would make it even better

8.2 is not even close to being the "best" patch.

It's decent, but that's about it. Also, try and use the enter button once in a while.

Yeah, not gonna read that wall of text.

15+ Year Old Account
    8.2 has been a pile of shit so far. The rep grinds were almost untolerably boring and annoying. The essences I've got so far are all almost useless for disc. Extra mana and heal procs that don't interact with atonement at all. Wow, so useful!
    If the seasonal m+ affix is not going to be fun, I'm out.
    Last edited by Zka; 2019-07-10 at 06:52 AM.

It's a good patch, granted. Surely much better than 8.0, 8.1 and 8.1.5 - wouldn't call it "the best" though. It certainly is a colossal improvement, at the very least. Hopefully 8.3 is even better.

8.2 has indeed been great. The world content is just top notch and I've been enjoying it a lot. It might be the first time in wow when I really enjoyed doing something out in the open world for the fun of it and not for rewards. I've been spending hours on end in Mechagon just exploring, searching for rares, blueprints etc. It's also very cool how community approached it - people are cooperating, sharing info on spawns etc. Haven't seen the raid and Mechagon dungeon yet, so can't speak to those.

Don't know about the best patch ever made, because I haven't played every patch on release and I also like many things in wow too much to call any of them my favorite. I also do my best not to hype things too much. In 1-2 years I will take a cold look at the past events and decide if it was indeed the best or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    Yeah, not gonna read that wall of text.
    If reading a couple sentences is too much for you, maybe you shouldn't be on a discussion forum at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    8.2 has been a pile of shit so far. The rep grinds were almost untolerably boring and annoying. The essences I've got so far are all almost useless for disc. Extra mana and heal procs that don't interact with atonement at all. Wow, so useful!
    If the seasonal m+ affix is not going to be fun, I'm out.
    If you really try, you can hate anything. At least the hate train for BfA has stopped a bit with 8.2 so hopefully some of the people who just joined the hate bandwagon because it was the fad earlier, are feeling a bit out of their comfort zone when it's the general consensus that 8.2 is 'at least' decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    If reading a couple sentences is too much for you, maybe you shouldn't be on a discussion forum at all.
    It's not about the amount, it's about the formatting.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    If you really try, you can hate anything.
    I've been having fun with BfA before 8.2. I play solely for m+ with friends and the instances were sort of OK and fun.

I'm actually trying to love the new patch but I can't help hating wq/daily quest grinds. I never liked them and never will. I'd skip them altogether but I want to unlock flight. So basically I've been grinding content I hate for the previos 2 weeks. I like the idea of the new essence system but the essences themselves so far have been very disappointing for my main spec. The new affix will break or make this patch for me. The reviews of Beguiling I've seen on youtube have me worried.
    Last edited by Zka; 2019-07-10 at 07:41 AM.

I am having a hard time finding anything that stands out as overly fun.. I dislike the gnome zone by a lot and water park isn’t that exciting ether.. the pet battles were okay though..

Typical: 5.2 was by far the best patch, but what happens: "meh pandas".

Are people in general really so insecure that they always critizise everything in MoP about the "pandas". MoP had by far the best class design, best quest design, a really diverse zone design; krazarang was one of my all time favorite zones: the jungle was realistic and much more mysterious than any zones we had after. And 5.2 was clearly by far the best patch blizzard ever created, only 5.4 came close. All in all, MoP was the full package of WoW when it was still good. In the end what i often hear is only this: "BUT THERE ARE PANDAS"

*sigh*

it's good, but it's no 5.2

i believe it will be remembered as one of the best patches, yes, but not the best ever.

5.2 was far far better.

Just wanna chime in, no, not the best patch at all...

LOL having an addon auto announce rare spawns isn't exactly coordinated teamwork. That doesn't exist in WoW, go play another MMO and you'll see just what coordination and general helpfulness really is. Funny enough I hadn't played since launch and looking at most of the feedback it was massively negative regarding 8.2, but I gave it a shot anyway in hope of getting back into the game. It's okay, Nazjatar is an absolutely horrendous zone whilst Mechagon is quite alright - the catch up/gear mechanics are as poor as ever, more mind numbing WQ's and dailies - the game is really showing it's true age and lack of creativity. Whilst I put a lot of that down to limitations working with ancient systems, again other MMO's work this area ten times better. Some classes still need a lot of work, complete revamps because they've been gutted down into such bland specs that send you to sleep. Indeed I will agree that MoP was by far the best in terms of class design but due to the theme of the xpac I couldn't touch it, it made me want to vomit in my own mouth the general aesthetics, music, story, zones. Eww.

15+ Year Old Account
    i would say the worst major patch so far but hey ive been playing since EU launch of WoW and i can admit i lost interest in Retail WoW during Blizzcon when i got a taste of the Classic WoW demo and i've been playing the stress tests as much as possible when they've been up, im still disappointed by blizzard not giving me a beta invite its the first time since wotlk beta i dont receive an invite.

The feel of sarcasm is strong on this one "XD"

It's the biggest patch up to date and it has the most variable content, so i have to agree with OP