Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Gilgoblin Female Heart of Azeroth animation Datamined! +9 new animations

https://imgur.com/DLkgIr1

Recent datamining has uncovered a Heart of Azeroth animation on Gilgoblin male and females. It has been discovered that 9 new animations have been added to the Gilgoblin male. There was 281 and its now up to 290. The Gilgoblin female has 290 as well. I am unsure which other animations exactly where added, but there were new animations added upon the Nazjatar release. Mechagnomes have also been found to have a heart of Azeroth animation on them too. Now Nazjatar and Mechagon have only been out a short time so it makes me wonder if later on they are going to be getting cutscene data or other stuff pertaining to them being potential allied races. Both seem to have a lot a huge amount of story relevance in the new areas too and Gilblins/Kelfin I suspect may get a model update 8.2.5 like other race variants have in past player model updates.
    Last edited by RayoftheSun; 2019-09-12 at 12:19 AM.

Oh boy, here we go again
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

If gilgoblins become playable its only cause they saw how shit mechagnomes looked compared to vulpera.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    If gilgoblins become playable its only cause they saw how shit mechagnomes looked compared to vulpera.
    Or that the story moved away from Vulperia.

The only problem with that is, both the Vulpera and Gilgoblins side with the Horde.

The Alliance just straight up don't have any datamined Allied races coming that I know of, unless you count thin Kul'Tirans which were data mined, but vanished as an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Or that the story moved away from Vulperia.
    Just like how the story move away from alt Dreanor and yet we got Maghar.

And with all the work they put into them I don't think a storyline that they themselves created would stop them.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    The only problem with that is, both the Vulpera and Gilgoblins side with the Horde.

The Alliance just straight up don't have any datamined Allied races coming that I know of, unless you count thin Kul'Tirans which were data mined, but vanished as an option.
    What I mean is them giving Horde a shitty race to compare to Mechagnomes.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    No one cares about these smaller races as off * new * options.
    I mean vulpera, mechagnomes, gilgoblins.. no one seems to be interested in these..
    The only one of these 3 that got a small fan base is the vulpera.
    We can all name 3 other races that are more interesting then these 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    I mean vulpera .. no one seems to be interested in these..
    I have seen exactly the other way around.
    Lots of people interested on Vulpera.
    But also lots of haters as well.

Btw gilgoblins are damn f*** ugly. Has anyone asked about them becoming playable?
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2019-07-10 at 09:16 AM.

I mean, it's theoretically possible they decided to make Gilgoblins the Mechagnome counterpart and are giving Alliance something else to go with Vulpera. I wouldn't count on it, since changing plans according to player feedback isn't really something Blizzard does anymore, but it's possible.

That said I don't think this really means anything. Sethrak got the HoA animation too awhile back.

while i would love to have the vulpera as a horde player, all the allied races have been variants of existing races we could already play. vulpera, while using the goblin skeleton for design purposes, are an entirely new race on their own. given that, chances are high we'll see the water goblins and the mechagnomes as new allied races for their respective sides if new allied races are added.

Gilgoblins use Goblin animations.

Goblins are player characters, and thus have Heart of Azeroth animations.

Vulpera for Horde never made sense unless Alliance would be given an equivalent race instead of Mechagnomes. Gilgoblins fits way better as the counterpart to Mechagnomes.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Makes sense, they are updating the base Goblin model in 8.2.5 so there is a lot of overlap between these and Goblins.

They look totally better than Vulpera.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Gilgoblins use Goblin animations.

Goblins are player characters, and thus have Heart of Azeroth animations.
    My exact thought. However, we have to check whether it is different.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

10+ Year Old Account

There are no "thin" female kul'tirans, for one. So I doubt that's going to happen.

Frankly, Gilgoblins are WAY more in line with mechagnomes than vulpera are.

Allied races, thus far, have most certainly been "equivalent" races for already existing races. The vulpera aren't an "equivalent" of any existing playable race.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2019-07-10 at 10:14 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe we get 2 for each side xD mechagnomes and the Ankoan for alliance and vulpera and gilgoblins for the Horde.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Gilgoblins and Mechagnomes could be possible. However it's gonna be funny how one Nazjatar faction joins the Horde but the Ankoan won't join. And they deffo will not join the Alliance, not even female models exist to begin with.

It's also amazing how another neutral race will just join their cousins' faction, despite the opposite faction helping them as well. Also Vulpera are kinda bland, they don't bring anything special to the Horde. They ain't proper fighters.

I don't see why people think Allied Races have to be in line with each other. That pattern only holds true for Kul Tirans and Zandalari so far. And that wasn't even Blizzard's original intention. Kul Tirans were planned for a much later release, but they thought people would riot over that.

There's no reason why it can't be Vulpera. However, if it is Vulpera, Blizzard could have done a better job at seeing them get involved with the Horde. I'll grant you that.

As for Gilblins, yeah we are getting involved with them now. But they live in Nazjatar. Their culture is all about the ocean. I am not certain I could picture them walking around in Orgrimmar.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Gilgoblins and Mechagnomes could be possible. However it's gonna be funny how one Nazjatar faction joins the Horde but the Ankoan won't join. And they deffo will not join the Alliance, not even female models exist to begin with.

It's also amazing how another neutral race will just join their cousins' faction, despite the opposite faction helping them as well. Also Vulpera are kinda bland, they don't bring anything special to the Horde. They ain't proper fighters.
    There is already an established reason in the lore as to why the Ankoan Waveblade will not be playable : they are a dying tribe, their numbers are too few to be sustainable, their sole reason to live is to fight and die against the naga to avenge their fallen kin.

That said, the Waveblade do mention other tribes that exist (but are not fighting back) so I guess it could technically be possible for them to be playable someday, but they wouldn't be "our" Ankoans.

I really doubt it though.

Vulpera are completely inconsequential to the story besides your emotional attachment to their fur.