Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Bring Back The MAELSTROM Resource!!!!!

What the fuck Blizzard??

MAELSTROM builds CORE shaman identity!

I love all the additions you made but bring back Maelstrom in some form!!
    Even if its just for cosmetic or for 1 abiltiy but DO IT!

Druids have Celestial Alignmnet, Paladins have Holy Power, Shaman NEED TO HAVE MAELSTROM!!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    For Enhancement? Sure, it made sense. For Elemental - nope, nope aaaand nope. It was never intended for that spec, it was just added as a second thought.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Shamans were fine without it.

It's not really core. Core would be a procc which allows you to fling spells instantly.

Maelstrom was introduced in Legion, so I wouldn't call that "core shaman identity".

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaTester View Post
    What the fuck Blizzard??

Druids have Celestial Alignmnet, Paladins have Holy Power, Shaman NEED TO HAVE MAELSTROM!!
    you sit on a throne of lies, ma'am

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostromo93 View Post
    Maelstrom was introduced in Legion, so I wouldn't call that "core shaman identity".
    Guess it is core for those who only joined in Legion. But yeah it is a joke.

Nope. It's good that blizzard is turning away from every class being the builder/spender archetype.
    Managing your cooldowns efficiently is much more interesting than "Press Ability X to generaty ressource Y to cast Spender Z" repeating infinitely (simplified scenario, but it's the core of the system now).

7+ Year Old Account
    I am not sure I agree. I have gotten used to the Maelstrom bar and mechanics but they are not necessarily needed to make Shaman fun. The same job could be done with mana and cooldowns.
    I'm just glad Flame Shock is returning to how it worked as a tagging spell.

10+ Year Old Account
    1 post account, called Alpha tester, about a subject of which the overwhelming majority opinion agrees that Blizzard made the right decision.

Yep, a thread just to stir shit up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    1 post account, called Alpha tester, about a subject of which the overwhelming majority opinion agrees that Blizzard made the right decision.

Yep, a thread just to stir shit up.
    implying his credentials aren't the same as every other poster on this forum

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    What the fuck Blizzard??

how bout no. also as others have mentioned it only started in Legion so no, not a core ability.

7+ Year Old Account
    What the fuck Blizzard??

Sit the frick down, If MEALSTROM was the core identity as a shaman to you then I'm sorry you've only started playing Wow since Legion but there's more to shamans than DURR HURR MEALSTROM, It's a boring, unrewarding system that they shouldn't have Implemented In the first place... DONT LISTEN TO KEKWANKERS LIKE THIS BLIZZ...thanks.

Shamans could have mana as well, forget about that? MANA IS OKAY, aslong as It's not infinite and you gotta juggle It..
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    implying his credentials aren't the same as every other poster on this forum
    I'm not implying, I'm asserting.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Fuck that maelstrom garbage, good riddance.

Hell to the no. Away with it.

builder spender is just bad for enhancement and elemental. it doesn't need that.

What the fuck Blizzard??

I am SOOOO happy that its finnaly gone,their reasoning for elemental was spot on,cant wait...and i love that resto is getting shield as default

Quote Originally Posted by agittunc View Post
    Hell to the no. Away with it.

builder spender is just bad for enhancement and elemental. it doesn't need that.
    I only hope we won’t go back to 647839 spells rotation to maybe trigger a lucky wf proc. I hate rng damage generation.

If you want to play builder/spender type of play, there is like 38 other specs that use the same mechanics (obvious hyperbole)

And yea, maelstrom added in legion being called "core shaman identity" is kind of a stretch. Shaman was always about taming elements and unpredictability, eg. procs, overload etc. Good riddance.

Shamans played for 12 years without maelstrom. If anything, not having it would be core to the class.

Maelstrom is not a class defining trait - it's a class CONFINING trait. I agree with what Blizz said that it put the expectation on Maelstrom spenders. Sure, Enh with SS felt this way, but Elemental should be more about those juicy insta-cast Lava Bursts and Chain Lightnings.

For Enhancement Maelstrom being changed to Maelstrom weapon is much more interesting - I look forward to chain-hitting SS followed by juicy instant cast Chain Lightning. Most recent iterations (Legion/BfA) made my Enh felt lacking those ranged capabilities - Overcharge talent being actually interesting, but insufficiently tuned to be competitive, so I'd rather have Maelstrom Weapon procs granting me finishers in form of ranged spells.