Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
2
10
11
12
  1. #221
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Untraceable
    Posts
    489
    Gilgoblins have a good chance to be allied race especially considering the rep grind which we all know blizzard loves... But i believe if 9.0 is announced and no indication of Gilgoblins they probably wont be added. AS to the Vulpera, they have a better shot, however if blizzard announces another racial or 9.0 comes and they arent announced either then unlikely they will be added.

  2. #222
    Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    point is it's enough to make some people not care enough to race/faction change/level one despite not having access to those things
    And that "point" is wrong. Blatantly so. Because if that true, the "high elf megathread" would not exist since we have the orb that transforms you into a light-skinned thalassian elf.

    you don't see any vulpera or mechagnome toys around anywhere do you?
    To be fair, I don't see how that is even relevant to the point. We have playable races in which there are no toys to transform you into, and we have toys that transform you into races that aren't playable.
    Is there anything from vanilla WoW you are not looking forward to despite your hype for Classic? Come and tell us what it is.

  3. #223
    This gonna be alot of things to discuss about, here we go~!

    Quote Originally Posted by RayoftheSun View Post
    When you have an entire community of people are willing to lobby outside of Blizzard HQ if your allied doesn't become playable then they have some serious problems. Plus the Vulpera community has a very nasty history of bashing Kelfin supporters and seeing many hurtful things about people who want this as an allied race. Examples of such things:
    I hope you ain't taking that seriously, anyone who would say that are either very excited, eccentric or joking. Going thousends of miles just to stand outside of Blizzs HQ and wave a angry sign. It wouldn't change anything, thats why no one will do it. The Area 51 Meme however...

    And nasty history of bashing Kelfin? Myself havn't seen anything of it, then again I havn't really seen any Kelfin supporters either, I know a few Vulpera supports that think that Kelfin could be cool as an AR. I will however admite that Vulpera fans would rather want to see Vulpera as a playable race, than Kelfin. But that goes for any AR fan. You want to see -your- AR playable. I just hope that every one will get their AR eventually-... an impossible dream I know.


    1. They often say that anyone who doesn't want Vulpera is a furry hater or just being a contrarian.

    I'll explain my reasons for wanting this race a bit later and they are very legit. I just don't want this to get too long.
    It's not uncommon that those who utterly hate Vulpera also hate Furrys, and that they rather see something else then "furrys wet dream playable". Like for say-.. Kelfin! If they later decided to actully play the Kelfin or not is not clear, but as long they don't get to see the Vulpera the better for them or anything else that is NOT an anthropomorphic beast. 'Cause apprently we have too meny of them already as it is, with Tauren, Worgen and Pandaren. Thats ONE hairball TO MANY!

    I have also seen people that doesn't even care for either Vulpera or Kelfin, just raise the shoulders and move on. It goes without saying that the are alot of people with different opinions. What ever it is love, hate or doesn't care.

    2. Kelfin are often called a waste of an AR slot.

    When considering the following races that have come before it, I'd say that no it definitely is not. From the pattern it looks like blizzard is trying to go with a pattern of allied races that are similar in nature to each other. Now the thing to realize about all allied races so far is that they have always been the same racial type and they are always some kind of variant. Vulpera aren't even a type of goblin. They are fox humanoids. Kelfin and Mechagnomes seem like they go great together in pairing.
    It could be both subjectively and objectively of what is a waste or not. It could be argued that Light Forged Draenei and High Mountain Tauren are wasted AR slots since they are just a recolor and new customization options of an already existence core race. Myself love Mag'har Orcs, skin color, hairstyles, etc, but if I am look at them objectively they could be argued to be a waste of a AR slot. But fans(Orc fans?) have been asking for Brown skinned orc since TBC, so it's obviously that Blizzard gonna take the chance, not to mention they just took the skins from WoD and slapped them on the AR, if this was intentionally planned since WoD that I do not know. And I am not agreeing the way how they did it. Dimensional timetravling orcs ...

    Similar nature to one an other? Kelfin and Goblins doesn't have much in common considering that our regular goblin would sale his own mother to get a few more gold coins. While the Kelfin so far seems very .. not goblin like? Sure they look the same, but they arn't anything similar between them beside they share a common ancestry. I can agree that they an varation of the same race. But again it doesn't work with Nightbourne and Blood Elf, they DO however have a similar nature(Arcane magic), that is true. But Void Elves and Night Elves are on the most opposite spectrum of each other when it come to elves. Not to mention that Zandalari are nothing like Darkspear, they are both Trolls, they both praise the Loa, but else they are VERY distinctive from one another. And sure this could work for Kelfin and Goblins aswell. But that could also work for Vulpera and Goblins since both are traders and merchants, rivalry at is finest~

    Even though so far they just seems to be "Sub Races", Blizz did call them "Allied Races", which give them a wider area to work with if they actully take that chance or not thats entirly up to them. Myself hope for something new then just a recolor of an already existence race.

    3. They are constantly shoving it down your throats about how likely they feel Vulpera is going to be as an allied race and how much better it seems like it will be.

    In truth we don't know what will be an allied race next. What ends up being allied races could be something we won't see until next expansion. This kind of behavior tends to get very obnoxious after a while and the vulpera community is obviously doing this in an attempt to drive hype for the race.
    I mean, there is sure alot hints for them to become a playable race. Myself feel very confident that they will be AR actully. But it ain't 100%, that I will agree with, I just feel very confident that they will be. But sure, they might do a 360 and slap us with Gnolls, Troggs and Kobolts as allied races instead. Nothing is for certain, which goes for the Vulpera AND Kelfin~.

    4. They are known to blacklist people who actively support Kelfin and try to do whatever they can to discredit and shame them.

    The Vulpera community isn't just a bunch of people hanging out who love Vulpera, but a bunch of lobbyists trying get something to happen in game. They have done all kind of stuff you see reminiscent of the high elf community. Mechagnomes in fact many things even more suggestive that they could be an AR, but their playerbase isn't actively going around bashing the idea of Kelfin and trying to actively lobby for their desired race to be in game. And because of the fact that they go to such lengths to promote their allied race, their fanbase size and evidence they seem to have come out with isn't an isn't an accurate depiction of the likeliness of the race to happen. Let me give you examples of this:
    ... a what? Lobbyists? Good Siiir we surely don't have such influence in Activision Blizzard... OR DO WE~? But seriously, no. The Vulpera fanbase arn't actively seeking out Kelfin fans or threads just to bash them. I will however not deny that there might be some Vulpera fans that have done that, but the whole fanbase? No, thats just insane. Is any fanbase perfect? No, absolutely not.

    1. Blurred fanbase numbers.

    The Vulpera Discord has around 1600 members. In reality anybody who puts enough effort into it could come up with a discord with this sizable group of people. However is it really that sensible to go through all this for a race which legit may never even be playable? Fact also is that 1600 members is still nothing when set side by side to the hundreds of thousands playing wow.
    Ah you know of us? Come in one day and say hi! So compare the VHC with the rest of the playerbase? Okey, it means that the are at least 1600 people which is genuinely interested in Vulpera. Then there might be hundred thousends of people out there that would be just interested in Vulpera, just that they don't actively put any effort into it. THEN ofcourse there could be hundred thousends of people that went to set Vulpera on fire. But since there is a Vulpera Discord, I will just assume that the are a greater interest in Vulpera than Kelfin. Unless you have any proof to adress this?

    2. The average allied race fanbase doesn't go to the extent of putting lots of money into promotions and exposure and well as putting lots of energy into new recruits.

    If these guys were not doing this, then Vulpera fanbase would actually probably be smaller than the Kelfin fanbase because of the existing goblin fanbase and that they play and even larger role in Nazjatar.
    ... wait, what? I mean, we make sure that the Discord server is all functional, communicating, having a good time and have a fun promotion once a while. We spent a good old whopping "$0" promoting the discord. But you make it sound like we do it on regular basis and pour all our investment into it(Seriously, we all pretty broke, we are still scavenging in Vol'dun for those Cursed Zandalari Idols).

    And if we WEREN'T doing it we would be even smaller then the Kelfin fanbase??? So the Kelfin are natural a BIGGER fanbase even non organized, while the Vulpera are smaller fanbase even if organized? Thats-.. eh, wait-.. what? I don't even...

    3. Hyping with false and often times out of context or bias information.

    One of the tactics I've seen the Vulpera community do is look for x piece of new vulpera community and then Hype it up to a pretty crazy degree. The months following vulpera first seen, these guys were hyping up Vulpera as a 100% confirmed allied race because of rigs, animations, HD models and geosets. All things which cannot be treated as true indicators of what will be an allied race because thin humans, ogres, vyrkul, murlocs and some other races have similar stuff like this and aren't playable. I won't go into much detail for this part now because this is not the central topic.

    However a thing to realize about this also is that, if something came out that was a big indicator that Kelfin could be an allied race, the Vulpera folk definitely wouldn't share this. And it is important to remember that the Kelfin playerbase isn't as organized as the Vulpera playerbase is and we aren't actively trying to lobby for the race to be in game. We like them and express our love for them, but in truth we really don't know what lies ahead.
    Well ofcourse we would get excited if a new thing come out for the Vulpera! Wouldn't ANY fanbase of any AR(Or any other game/book/movie medium) BE THAT? And why would we even talk about Kelfin? When we are in first hand Vulpera Fanbase, not a Kelfin Fanbase, ofcourse the are a new hints of a AR we will talk about them, like Mechanomes that was a hot topic in our community as soon they where datamined. But we arn't actively trying to deny it or hide it as you make it sound like.

    You make it sounds like we are an Evil Mega Corp James Bond Villain Organisation(And now later a Hivemind?! Oookey?!), I mean thanks for thinking so highly of us, but if we truely hade all of those skills and resources we would have more likely putted into good use in the World then a cool playable model for World of Warcraft. From our Villainous viewpoint of course~

    If we want an Allied Race, we promote them and stay positive. We don't bash another community. And honestly if you want Kelfin as a Allied Race, good for you! Keep promote them and stay positive. There is no reason to bash on other community to enlighten your own Allied Race.
    Last edited by OverFanNisseFrasse; 2019-07-19 at 10:47 PM.

  4. #224
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    And that "point" is wrong. Blatantly so. Because if that true, the "high elf megathread" would not exist since we have the orb that transforms you into a light-skinned thalassian elf..
    another delusional thread for an unnecessary race that's not happening

  5. #225
    Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    another delusional thread for an unnecessary race that's not happening
    Yeah... way to miss the point entirely. But thanks for showing me you're not one for discussions when you're shown you're wrong.
    Is there anything from vanilla WoW you are not looking forward to despite your hype for Classic? Come and tell us what it is.

  6. #226
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Yeah... way to miss the point entirely. But thanks for showing me you're not one for discussions when you're shown you're wrong.
    gonna love necroing this thread and quoting you a few months from now when they don't become allied races. I'm not even saying I'd mind if they were added it'd be cool if they were but they won't and the fact that this patch was released with a toy turning you into them could not illustrate any clearer that blizzard is not interested in letting you play them beyond that and has other plans in mind

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    To be fair, I don't see how that is even relevant to the point. We have playable races in which there are no toys to transform you into, and we have toys that transform you into races that aren't playable.
    also gonna address this by asking this - do we have even one single ALLIED race currently that also has a toy transforming you into them? No

  7. #227
    Quote Originally Posted by RayoftheSun View Post

    2. "It is amazing how hard bullies bend over facts to trash a group of people just because they support something another person hates. And yes this is directed at you l, Ray. Grow some manners before you attack people and claim bias. You are the only biased person here. "


    Don't start with me. You guys are the ones who constantly lob us into the category of furry haters, contrarians, tell us that the race we love looks like crap, and spread this bullcrap that nobody wants this race. You also use hiveminded group of individuals to shut down attempts for discussing the possibility of this as an allied race. I have not once said one nasty thing about Vulpera in this thread(their fanbase is another story), but you guys have been repeatedly trash talking Gilgoblins left and right and trying to discourage any discussion of them as a potential allied race.
    It's hard to tell if you're deflecting or just projecting. But over 50% of the threads regarding vulpera are just asinine people parroting the same boring shit over and over while attempting to be creative by calling anyone who enjoys vulpera lore/culture pedophiles and furries, with a derogatory connotation towards someone's sexual preference despite the furry fandom not having to be sexualizd (since in the case of the last one, it doesn't matter they can't understand that you don't have to sexualize everything, even if they choose to). If you actually read the threads, instead of being one of the parrots, you'd know that.

  8. #228
    Elemental Lord Orby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Essex, England
    Posts
    8,816
    well if Aliance are getting a basic gnome alternative, it;s only fair that horde get their Goblin coutner part. Maybe if Horde get Vulpera Allaince can then get those fish people.
    "Hatred and prejudice will never be eradicated. And witch hunts will never be about witches. To have a scapegoat—that's the key" - Geralt of Rivia

  9. #229
    Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    gonna love necroing this thread and quoting you a few months from now when they don't become allied races.
    Go ahead and do it. I won't stop you. But I'll do let you know right now that doing what you're claiming you'll do will only make you look like a fool, because that "mega-thread" is not "allied races" specifically.

    I'm not even saying I'd mind if they were added it'd be cool if they were but they won't and the fact that this patch was released with a toy turning you into them could not illustrate any clearer that blizzard is not interested in letting you play them beyond that and has other plans in mind
    There is no such toy.

    also gonna address this by asking this - do we have even one single ALLIED race currently that also has a toy transforming you into them? No
    You don't address the question at all, and only make a question that begs the same question as before: where is the relevancy?
    Is there anything from vanilla WoW you are not looking forward to despite your hype for Classic? Come and tell us what it is.

  10. #230
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    There is no such toy.
    Yeah there is. In fact, there's now two toys to turn you into a gilblin, the first being from Cataclysm.

    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    well if Aliance are getting a basic gnome alternative, it;s only fair that horde get their Goblin coutner part. Maybe if Horde get Vulpera Allaince can then get those fish people.
    I can't see them revealing at Blizzcon that the Horde gets two allied races based on the goblin model. I just don't see it happening, it's going to be one or the other in all likelihood. There will probably be at least 4 allied races announced at Blizzcon, and I'm sure two of them will be vulpera and mechagnomes.
    Last edited by Mutineer; 2019-07-19 at 10:29 PM.

  11. #231
    It's not gonna happen because the community doesn't want it, not compared to Vulpera anyways. Allied Races are fanservice plain and simple.

  12. #232
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post
    Yeah there is. In fact, there's now two toys to turn you into a gilblin, the first being from Cataclysm.
    Ah, ok. The context from the conversation made it seem that there is a toy from this patch that turned you into a high elf, which is what I understood and was disputing.
    Is there anything from vanilla WoW you are not looking forward to despite your hype for Classic? Come and tell us what it is.

  13. #233
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Shattered Azeroth
    Posts
    50
    @OverFanNisseFrasse:

    You definitely seem like one of the good ones that's for sure. I have some thoughts about this. Lets go through it step by step.

    [/B]
    "I hope you ain't taking that seriously, anyone who would say that are either very excited, eccentric or joking. Going thousends of miles just to stand outside of Blizzs HQ and wave a angry sign. It wouldn't change anything, thats why no one will do it. The Area 51 Meme however... "
    I don't know. Some of them seemed very serious about at the very least rioting on the forums. Hopefully you are right about this.

    "And nasty history of bashing Kelfin? Myself havn't seen anything of it, then again I havn't really seen any Kelfin supporters either, I know a few Vulpera supports that think that Kelfin could be cool as an AR. I will however admite that Vulpera fans would rather want to see Vulpera as a playable race, than Kelfin. But that goes for any AR fan. You want to see -your- AR playable. I just hope that every one will get their AR eventually-... an impossible dream I know."
    People who want Kelfin are very much there, but our community is just isn't as organized and making a same active effort to promote, datemine, and do all kinds of other things to boost hype about them. Visit the Gilgoblin Discord though and you can see we have a lot of people who want them.

    https://discord.gg/NmDmHA2

    There was a poll done recently on twitter over whether people wanted Gilgoblins or Vulpera more. 42% of the vote went to Gilgoblins. 58% went to Vulpera and this pool had a few hundred votes. There is definitely a lot more who want them than it is realized, but there are many factors involved. The best case scenario is that everyone does get their desire AR of course. The interesting thing about this is that if I wasn't worried that Vulpera could possibly replace Kelfin, then I would actively be supporting you guys. However I have been looking forward to a goblin AR since legion.

    "It's not uncommon that those who utterly hate Vulpera also hate Furrys, and that they rather see something else then "furrys wet dream playable". Like for say-.. Kelfin! If they later decided to actully play the Kelfin or not is not clear, but as long they don't get to see the Vulpera the better for them or anything else that is NOT an anthropomorphic beast. 'Cause apprently we have too meny of them already as it is, with Tauren, Worgen and Pandaren. Thats ONE hairball TO MANY!


    I have also seen people that doesn't even care for either Vulpera or Kelfin, just raise the shoulders and move on. It goes without saying that the are alot of people with different opinions. What ever it is love, hate or doesn't care."
    Those people are just as bad. I do know there are some who want Kelfin because they just don't want Vulpera and visa versa. I can sympthatize with these because of the amount of crap I've seen said about Kelfin.

    I mean, there is sure alot hints for them to become a playable race. Myself feel very confident that they will be AR actully. But it ain't 100%, that I will agree with, I just feel very confident that they will be. But sure, they might do a 360 and slap us with Gnolls, Troggs and Kobolts as allied races instead. Nothing is for certain, which goes for the Vulpera AND Kelfin~.
    Fair enough.

    ... a what? Lobbyists? Good Siiir we surely don't have such influence in Activision Blizzard... OR DO WE~? But seriously, no. The Vulpera fanbase arn't actively seeking out Kelfin fans or threads just to bash them. I will however not deny that there might be some Vulpera fans that have done that, but the whole fanbase? No, thats just insane. Is any fanbase perfect? No, absolutely not.


    1. Many of the folks in the Vulpera community would beg to differ. How many times do you hear people say"Since Vulpera is more popular, it is more likely to happen?" I have also seen some of them say that they hope Blizzard caves to the requests of Vulpera supporters and lets not forget how many times they say that nobody wants Gilblins. I to assume all these people are just joking? If these are jokes then I am not laughing.

    2. This is also where it gets interesting. There is another big factor besides lobbying for Blizzard changes. However what they do have an influence over is the players. Let me ask you this. What do you think the state of the Vulpera community would be right now if no YouTuber ever made a single allied race video on Vulpera, nor people put in the effort to find the dateminded cutscene thing and the Vulpera discord only had about 200 people and wasn't trying to actively recruit? The simple answer is that there would be drastically less discussion about them. Notice also that there isn't even one Gilgoblin allied race video on youtube, let alone one by a large youtuber.

    3. Ah you know of us? Come in one day and say hi! So compare the VHC with the rest of the playerbase? Okey, it means that the are at least 1600 people which is genuinely interested in Vulpera. Then there might be hundred thousends of people out there that would be just interested in Vulpera, just that they don't actively put any effort into it. THEN ofcourse there could be hundred thousends of people that went to set Vulpera on fire. But since there is a Vulpera Discord, I will just assume that the are a greater interest in Vulpera than Kelfin. Unless you have any proof to adress this?

    Know of them? I am one of the most infamous and hated people over there because I say the stuff that they don't want people to know and I have been one of the earliest and most vocal of Gilgoblin supporters. It is truly such ashame though because if it wasn't for the fact the concern of Vulpera replacing Kelfin and visa versa, I'd probably be actively supporting you guys. Such a shame what conflict of interest can do.

    "Unless you have any proof to address this?"

    1. Nazjatar has only come out recently/Mere exposure effect.
    Nazjatar has only been out a while, but you also might have noticed the bodyguard system. As people continue to be exposed to them, they will like them even more and more.
    2. Our community is more of a relaxed chill group and we aren't putting the same level of effort to actively promote, datamine and recruit people to the cause. I myself have goals that I value more than trying to champion the cause for a race which possible may not even be implemented. You'd notice a huge change of pace however if a bunch of massive you tubers started talking about Gilgoblin as the next allied race.
    3. Notice the drastic change in overall reception to Gilgoblins since they came out.
    Months ago there were people calling them dumb water goblins with no redeeming qualities. Can't say that anymore.

    ... wait, what? I mean, we make sure that the Discord server is all functional, communicating, having a good time and have a fun promotion once a while. We spent a good old whopping "$0" promoting the discord. But you make it sound like we do it on regular basis and pour all our investment into it(Seriously, we all pretty broke, we are still scavenging in Vol'dun for those Cursed Zandalari Idols).

    And if we WEREN'T doing it we would be even smaller then the Kelfin fanbase??? So the Kelfin are natural a BIGGER fanbase even non organized, while the Vulpera are smaller fanbase even if organized? Thats-.. eh, wait-.. what? I don't even...
    Admittedly I had little to no basis for this comment. To this I concede.

    Well ofcourse we would get excited if a new thing come out for the Vulpera! Wouldn't ANY fanbase of any AR(Or any other game/book/movie medium) BE THAT? And why would we even talk about Kelfin? When we are in first hand Vulpera Fanbase, not a Kelfin Fanbase, ofcourse the are a new hints of a AR we will talk about them, like Mechanomes that was a hot topic in our community as soon they where datamined. But we arn't actively trying to deny it or hide it as you make it sound like.
    Be that as may, when one community is sharing stuff that only favors their community's desire AR while another is just kinda chilling back and relaxing it becomes easy to look at this by many and think, that this one AR is definitely going to happen. Imagine for a minute if the Vulpera community out of simple laziness of just not caring enough never brought up the brewfest and cutscene stuff.

    You make it sounds like we are an Evil Mega Corp James Bond Villain Organisation(And now later a Hivemind?! Oookey?!), I mean thanks for thinking so highly of us, but if we truely hade all of those skills and resources we would have more likely putted into good use in the World then a cool playable model for World of Warcraft. From our Villainous viewpoint of course~
    Imagine this for second. Someone creates a thread called"Gilblins are definitely going to be an allied race". Someone links this in the Vulpera discord. Suddenly there is about 10-20 Vulpera supporters actively downvoting that thread and trying to discredit anyone in the thread who supports it. When you have one group of really dedicated people that are being fed specific commands to a smaller group of people that kind of just follow, then you got yourself a hive mind base group which is not always bad. Its definitely good for their causes, but in the eyes of someone who shares conflicting goal with theirs.

    They also consider me a Villain, because I say the things they don't want to hear and I also have some of the strongest arguments against their existing evidence of Vulpera that aren't commonly seen in use among the average Kelfin lover. However I suppose we could also just mutually embrace being villains *twirls mustache*

    "If we want an Allied Race, we promote them and stay positive. We don't bash another community. And honestly if you want Kelfin as a Allied Race, good for you! Keep promote them and stay positive. There is no reason to bash on other community to enlighten your own Allied Race."
    If both Vulpera and Gilblin become playable someday at the same time, I hope we can just forget about this conflict. However try to look at things from my perspective. Imagine someone went around for you guys repeatedly making threads Such as "Gilblin allied race confirmed" or "Gilgoblins are definitely gonna happen". I know the Vulpera folk also have concerns about Kelfin replacing Vulpera, so it is only natural to get at least a bit annoyed if something like this happens.

  14. #234
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Ah, ok. The context from the conversation made it seem that there is a toy from this patch that turned you into a high elf, which is what I understood and was disputing.
    Hey fair enough, maybe I misunderstood that context when reading through it. I wasn't trying to come off rudely, so apologies if I did!

  15. #235
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Wrong, lots of people want these types races, but have gotten tired of Blizzards constant failure to fix fundamental bugs in playing small races. We use to get dismounted in poodles, we would drown in Dungeons and raids with wet floors, we couldn't make simple jumps because our jumps were proportional to size. The the constant jokes and ridicule from the devs themselves. HAHAHA a gnome player. Oh hey new expansion video, still no Gnome or Goblin. Oh hey, a bunch of new gnome or goblin content, just a bunch of steampunk jokes, 'my aren't you a tall one' /dies in radiation.
    Its realy not alot of people... might look like it with the same people popping in and out of threads. In general the smaller races are just not as cool and their fan base is small.
    I never heard any one being excited about gil goblins or mechagnomes.. vulpera I have seen 3 people in a thread being all like oo fox people soo cute! But that it..
    If they add those races then we know blizzard doesnt listen at all. People wanted sethrek, vrykul, thin humans and sanlayn. No asked about mechagnomes...⁸

  16. #236
    Legendary! Gothicshark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Posts
    6,713
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Its realy not alot of people... might look like it with the same people popping in and out of threads. In general the smaller races are just not as cool and their fan base is small.
    I never heard any one being excited about gil goblins or mechagnomes.. vulpera I have seen 3 people in a thread being all like oo fox people soo cute! But that it..
    If they add those races then we know blizzard doesnt listen at all. People wanted sethrek, vrykul, thin humans and sanlayn. No asked about mechagnomes...⁸
    Ok time to plop some numbers from Realm Pop


    US Realms level 120 only

    Blood Elf - 19.6%
    Human - 13.2%
    Night Elf - 12.5%
    Orc -7.7%
    Troll - 5.5%
    Tauren - 5.3%

    Undead - 5.2%
    Draenei - 4.1%
    Void Elf - 3.5%
    Dwarf - 2.9%
    Worgen - 2.8%
    Gnome - 2.7%
    Nightborne - 2%
    Zandalari Troll - 2%

    Dark Iron Dwarf - 1.5%

    Goblin - 1.9%
    Pandaren H - 1.7%
    Mag'har Orc - 1.5%
    Pandaren A - 1.4%
    Light Fordge Draenei - 1.2%
    High Mountain Tauren - 1.1%
    Kul Tiran - 0.7%


    Median = 2.75%
    Pandaren combined = 3.10%

    Just to see where the short races stack, I marked them in bold, I marked Allied Races in Italics, and I underlined the Tall Races.


    The two most popular races are normal sized, the Horde is more popular than the Alliance, Void Elves are the most popular Allied Race, and Gnomes sit in the median.

    Oh and 103,122 Gnome Players and 72,848 Goblin Players. That's more than some MMOs have as player bases.

    Sure we're not the most popular races, never have been, but there are enough of us to make it worthwhile. (BTW I'm a gnome player, but my main right now is a Blood Elf. I know a lot of us short race fans have gone with what is popular because it's easier to get a spot if you're a typical player type. People have bias against short races.)


    edit: additional maths approximately 3.6 million level 120 characters on US Realms.
    Last edited by Gothicshark; Yesterday at 06:40 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •