Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Umm, maybe you missed the point but legion kara was tuned exactly how mechagon is.

Hence mega dungeon.

Did you really think legion kara was a counter point?
    I remember Legion Kara too well and Mechagon is nowhere near the difficulty of that place. Now that was actually a bit, just a bit overtuned in some parts. Spent almost the entire night in there, good time though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    The slime boss has a potential to be atrocious in M+ in tyrannical. The only boss that requires a lot from the group imho (in terms of hps/movement).
    The dog feels like it'll be the attrition fight in the second part. Some real R- check on that one.

It was great. The trash is hard, the last pack with this week afixes is gonna be awful.

Trog Fun and simple
    Gnomes: Awful as melee and probably the most frustrating and harder boss, a lot of pugs fail on them and think the dungeon is overtuned.
    Slim: Take a few tries but then is not so hard, again as a melee is painfull.
    Fliying robo: Fuck being melee again, but not so hard.
    Duo robot: Need a nerf to hp because the fight is incredible long and boring after you kill the "car".
    Dogo: Easy and fun to heal, because the dog hit like a truck to the tank.
    Other gnome: Maybe would be hard in tyrannical week, but right now nothing hit so hard and you can eat a lot of skills and dont die.
    King: Great and long fight, maybe to long for m+ but right now is a great and fun fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    I remember Legion Kara too well and Mechagon is nowhere near the difficulty of that place. Now that was actually a bit, just a bit overtuned in some parts. Spent almost the entire night in there, good time though.
    Tuning was pretty similar tbh. The only things that posed a real threat in kara where failing mechanics or trying to do nightbane. The only things that pose a threat in mechagon are failing mechanics or trying to do hard mode. Both had boss HP tuned higher then normal dungeons to feel closer to raid bosses.

Just as Kara was re-tuned in the season they opening it for M+ and heroic so will Mechagon. Not sure why people are complaining they can't zerg down bosses and ignore everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the term "overtuned" is being used too liberally. This is a new type of 5 man content first seen in Legion with Karazhan. These mega dungeons are intended to be a challenge for structured 5 man groups and, later on, will be split up for group finder groups with lowered difficulty. Nothing about these dungeons number wise make them impossible or unfair. They just take coordination that you don't always find in a pick up group...and that's FINE. Let people have a fun challenge while it lasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    It's tuned for 400ilvl. There are NO gearchecks in this dungeon - you progress by doing the fight mechanics correctly and being on point with dispels and CC.

There isn't a single fight in the place where you need to meet a specific DPS target or you wipe. I 100% guarantee you that every single person in this thread who says it's overtuned is either ignoring mechanics or otherwise not playing correctly.
    tuning != dps checks.

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    tuning != dps checks.
    That's exactly what tuning is.

Numbers.

So dps, survival and healing checks.

Mechanics aren't tuning. If you die in this place above 400 ilvl you definitely failed a mechanic, you didn't die to the tuning.

One thing that I noticed on my 3rd run which I finished right now, the sawblades in the arena have way too big of a, I don't even know what to call it, AoE effect. I stood several times perfectly in the middle of the ''cube'' yet I got caught.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    One thing that I noticed on my 3rd run which I finished right now, the sawblades in the arena have way too big of a, I don't even know what to call it, AoE effect. I stood several times perfectly in the middle of the ''cube'' yet I got caught.
    You do realize some of the floor boards\tiles are.... well... smaller than others? The furthest you are from the center, the bigger the tiles become, and easier to dodge the blades it is. So it's kinda obvious you get hit by blades if you are on the centermost tiles, which are, well, smaller.

If you didn't realize that after 3 runs, yikes.

tuning != dps checks.
    That’s literally what tuning is. Tight dps checks are tightly tuned bosses, similar to cabal when it released. If the healing requirement is heavy, that’s a tightly tuned boss. What do you think tuning is? It’s all numbers. Dps checks are numbers as well. It’s the same shit.

The place isn’t overtuned. You don’t need 415 to do it. We have guildies on their alts at 400 doing it. I went in with a 415 guild group but guildies have slammed the dungeon on their alts at 400 or so. It’s not really overtuned at all, there are some tight requirements on some bosses though. If your pugging at ilvl 400, yes it’s going to be hard. That’s how it’s supposed to be. It felt a lot better when I did it at ilvl 400 with my alt, we kinda sped through it at 415. It’s fine.

It may need some tuning as usual when it releases as a mythic+ dungeon tho. I can see some bosses having an insane healing requirement with affixes like tyrannical and grievous but we’ll see.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2019-07-13 at 04:44 AM.

I didn't enjoy the dungeon. It's simply too long. Tuning was fine, mechanics were what you'd expect from a 5-man. But it just feels like such a slog, hot damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    That’s literally what tuning is. Tight dps checks are tightly tuned bosses, similar to cabal when it released. If the healing requirement is heavy, that’s a tightly tuned boss. What do you think tuning is? It’s all numbers. Dps checks are numbers as well. It’s the same shit.

The place isn’t overtuned. You don’t need 415 to do it. We have guildies on their alts at 400 doing it. I went in with a 415 guild group but guildies have slammed the dungeon on their alts at 400 or so. It’s not really overtuned at all, there are some tight requirements on some bosses though. If your pugging at ilvl 400, yes it’s going to be hard. That’s how it’s supposed to be. It felt a lot better when I did it at ilvl 400 with my alt, we kinda sped through it at 415. It’s fine.

It may need some tuning as usual when it releases as a mythic+ dungeon tho. I can see some bosses having an insane healing requirement with affixes like tyrannical and grievous but we’ll see.
    exactly. its not just dps checks, its healing checks, its how hard your tanks get hit, etc. its a lot more than dps checks.

exactly. its not just dps checks, its healing checks, its how hard your tanks get hit, etc. its a lot more than dps checks.
    Right but that just means it’s difficult, not overtuned. It’s not really difficult around the 415 ilvl area but it’s challenging at the 400 ilvl area from my experience. This doesn’t make it overtuned, it makes it challenging. Tight dps or healing checks doesn’t mean overtuned either. If the dungeon was hard for people at 418-420 then that’d be overtuned but that isn’t the case. It’s harder for lower ilvl people which is what it should be. You shouldn’t be able to run with a random pug at ilvl 400 and slam through the dungeon without even thinking about what the bosses do. That’s a bit ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by AkundaMrdal View Post
    Yes unless you reset dungeon.
    Its a mythic dungeon. I thought that those cannot be reset as it has a weekly lockout.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Its a mythic dungeon. I thought that those cannot be reset as it has a weekly lockout.
    Weekly lockout means you can only get loot once per boss per week. But you can still reset the dungeon and keep reclearing all trash&bosses infinitely throughout the week.

Great dungeon, hardmodes were fun, tho the last boss one seems like a pug murderer, the tuning is also pretty damn good, none of the bosses were gear checks just mechanic ones.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    I didn't enjoy the dungeon. It's simply too long. Tuning was fine, mechanics were what you'd expect from a 5-man. But it just feels like such a slog, hot damn.
    This. I don't get why they release it like this instead of the usual and potentially split into two parts for regular players to get a chance. It's atrocious to pug atm. Hardly any tanks if any and ridiculous requirements and expectations to brute force the worst of it instead of engage with the group and work it out together.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Killed the first boss and gave up, shit is just too long and overtuned a bit. Waiting for nerfs. And it suck to be melee there.

Honestly, the gnome duo could use a small hp nerf (5-10%), but other than that, the dungeon is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by InfernalDark View Post
    Killed the first boss and gave up, shit is just too long and overtuned a bit. Waiting for nerfs. And it suck to be melee there.
    You concluded that the dungeon was too long and overtuned after the first boss, so 10 minutes in?

Fun dungeon...probably would be pretty hard at the appropriate ilvl. With a 420 group we 1 shot almost every boss though and cleared it in about an hour and a half. Not to brag, just a note that for the gear level it drops (415+) its definitely not overturned. However I could see why lower ilvl groups would have trouble. Some of the stuff hits pretty damn hard.