Holy in Mechagon.

So im a long time player who has been playing healer for 10+ years. I experienced a most embarrassing display last night where I was unable to keep my group alive on King Mechagon. So I was using my standard M+ build which has managed to get me up to +15 in time.
    The people I had in my group I know and I know they arent morons.
    I was simply unable to keep them alive the single target damage in that fight combined with crazy aoe means my small heals were mororless useless.

So heres the thing there is 101 million videos of people doing King mechagon with Resto druid, MW or Hpala but not one for Holy Priest. So I need some advice as sad as it seems (Partially why I made a fresh account) I've never had trouble in the past with healing but it seems King Mechagon has left me puzzled.

My build include the usual: Trail of light, Guardian angel, Surge of light, Divine Star and I tried both Light of the Naaru and Apotheosis.
    Even with my new essence (The lightwell, which btw im not sure if its bugged or not but kept on randomly getting rid of how much healing I had in it despite not having used it).
    I was finding my tank was taking so much damage I was resigned to spamming quite a lot of healing on him, the dps I'd patch up after each Gigablast with Serenity and my Lightwell Essence. But even with that people would die when I simply ran out of single target cds and spamming flash heal meant the tank wasnt being healed enough meaning he was ending up low, even with PoM and the aoe healing from my sanctify/PoH after the lift off. it wasnt enough.
    This meant I ended up practically Oom in stage 2 and ran out of gcds when I ended up having to spam inefficient flash heals.

So what I wanna know is what are you guys doing on this boss? I cant seem to keep up with the single target requirement of this fight, as I have said earlier im not used to having such a terrible shitshow in any instance.

I mostly play disc in M+ but not knowing Mechagon, I went there as Holy. 415 ilevel with equaly geared mates.

Damage on tank was always hight and, some time, on whole group. I wasn't getting much charge on Well of Existence because it was emptying faster. I just swapped to Lucid Dream with haste gear to spam as much as I could.

Did Mechagon with a guild group with an average iLvL of 415. I tanked it with my prot paladin and a holy priest kept us alive. We had no problems, shot from the hip with tactics and wiped once on the dog due to destroying a box with jump and once on King due to it being somewhat complicated. Took about 1.5h.

The priest died, so much. From random damage, stealthed mobs or us others being retarded and standing in shit forcing her to stand still and desperetly healing us, unable to move due to a possible whipe while fire consumed us. It was glorious!

Anyway. We took way to much avoidable damage as a group while laughing us through the dungeon. Dispite that I think the priest did a great job of keeping us alive. If we didn't take so much dumb damage it would be a walk in the (mecha)park.

Then again, we progressed on Jaina mythic so maybe not the average players.

About the last boss, the beams leave a debuff which increases damage taken from future beams by 100%. He do like... 3 beams every time so if a player get hit by 2 beams they die. Horribly. Other than that we just moved around, avoiding stuff while nuking the boss (while making sure we took extra damage to annoy the preist, ofc!).

I didn't really feel threathened by the damage the bosses did to me as tank either, then again I'm a pally with boubbles and heals. I went low but it was okay, I played around that.

Group was 1 holy priest, 1 prot paladin, 2 dps dh, 1 dps mage. Don't know if having many melee trivalize something.

Good luck out there! Next time will be way easier!
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

I was able to heal through the last boss on my Disc (about 413 ilvl) and I also used my Mythic+ talent scheme. I was very lucky in that it only took 2 wipes with the pug group. The first wipe, I was constantly targeted for beams or my teammates kept standing in shit which forced me to stand still and heal them, but then swirlies would appear and just overall, death, death and pain to all.

The second time around, the RNG was nicer to me in targeting me less and that's truly what made the difference. I had no issues with mana until way at the end, even going into phase 2, I had about 35% mana, which for me was amazing compared to my previous attempts before this puggo. Discipline was honestly the best class for me to beat King with because it has more healing-on-the-move type of spells (went with Shadow Covenant, of course).

On the other hand, I tried going into the last boss with my Hpal also at around 411 ilvl with my Mythic+ talent set up (mind you, I barely quested into the new zones and haven't unlocked ANY essence beyond the first one, Crucible) and I failed so hard on that boss. Couldn't manage to get my overall healing above 20k, 21k while the Disc priest was comfortably hitting 30k during the fight. I have a feeling that the essences do make THAT much of a difference.

Sounds like your group was shit. Did it on first week and today, last boss wasn't that challenging at all. I've no idea what to say beyond that.

did it with a group as holy at around 404 ilvl

np

It seems hard to believe you would have trouble with King Mechagon of all bosses. The group damage on that boss is incredibly low if you dont double hit with megatazes.

Quote Originally Posted by flyrink View Post
    So im a long time player who has been playing healer for 10+ years. I experienced a most embarrassing display last night where I was unable to keep my group alive on King Mechagon. So I was using my standard M+ build which has managed to get me up to +15 in time.
    The people I had in my group I know and I know they arent morons.
    I was simply unable to keep them alive the single target damage in that fight combined with crazy aoe means my small heals were mororless useless.

So heres the thing there is 101 million videos of people doing King mechagon with Resto druid, MW or Hpala but not one for Holy Priest. So I need some advice as sad as it seems (Partially why I made a fresh account) I've never had trouble in the past with healing but it seems King Mechagon has left me puzzled.

My build include the usual: Trail of light, Guardian angel, Surge of light, Divine Star and I tried both Light of the Naaru and Apotheosis.
    Even with my new essence (The lightwell, which btw im not sure if its bugged or not but kept on randomly getting rid of how much healing I had in it despite not having used it).
    I was finding my tank was taking so much damage I was resigned to spamming quite a lot of healing on him, the dps I'd patch up after each Gigablast with Serenity and my Lightwell Essence. But even with that people would die when I simply ran out of single target cds and spamming flash heal meant the tank wasnt being healed enough meaning he was ending up low, even with PoM and the aoe healing from my sanctify/PoH after the lift off. it wasnt enough.
    This meant I ended up practically Oom in stage 2 and ran out of gcds when I ended up having to spam inefficient flash heals.

So what I wanna know is what are you guys doing on this boss? I cant seem to keep up with the single target requirement of this fight, as I have said earlier im not used to having such a terrible shitshow in any instance.
    If you aren't lying, and you have healed every dungeon on +15, you should not struggle on this boss what so ever, the healing requirement is Incredibly low as long as people arent standing in shit, you have a long time to heal people back up after the group wide AOE. so as long as it doesn't kill them (which it shouldn't, 415 ilvl it will take u to about half health) you can slowly heal them back up without any trouble. so either your team mates are standing in shit, or you're lying about being able to heal +15's.

CoH is good. Also I run Life-Binders Invocation cause tank damage is not really that bad (and I normally do it with a bear tank, so no excuses here). It's pretty dope, in p1 popping the CD on a liftoff means I'm free to DPS or do the hard mode clicks. Then I usually hymn on second, and as long as boss is not on me with the laser from the start, I just let him melt me for the whole AoE. Trail of light takes care of the tazer damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumile View Post
    If you aren't lying, and you have healed every dungeon on +15, you should not struggle on this boss what so ever, the healing requirement is Incredibly low as long as people arent standing in shit, you have a long time to heal people back up after the group wide AOE. so as long as it doesn't kill them (which it shouldn't, 415 ilvl it will take u to about half health) you can slowly heal them back up without any trouble. so either your team mates are standing in shit, or you're lying about being able to heal +15's.
    The OP kind of stated their problem right away, they are so sure of themselves that it couldn't be them playing bad but it had to be the class just can't compete.

Quote Originally Posted by VooDsXo View Post
    The OP kind of stated their problem right away, they are so sure of themselves that it couldn't be them playing bad but it had to be the class just can't compete.
    You obviously didn't read the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    You obviously didn't read the OP.
    More likely his group members were taking tons of avoidable damage.

I doubled chested Freehold +14, then queued a pug for Mechagon and it was unhealable.

Remade my group for mechagon with 1k IO score reqs and it a was cakewalk (people using defensives/self heals correctly and observing mechanics/avoidable damage) and felt on par with a +9 mythic (without any affixes)).

That being said it explains why people sell/buy Mech carries, because it's beyond the skill level of the majority of the playerbase. Reminds me of Heroic Grim Batol pre-nerf in Cata.
    Last edited by Shalaator; 2019-11-10 at 06:42 PM.

Field Marshal
    3+ Year Old Account
    I had some issues the first time there too! But i've found that with the azerite trait that reduces the cd of your holy words is great in that fight! Serenity especially.
    5'11 tranny, proud of it, but NOT an sjw.
    Margot Robbie = GOALS