10+ Year Old Account

Did I enter Nazjatar too early?

So I came back to WoW after being gone for about 4 years. My character is a blood elf paladin, had her since Burning Crusade, she's my second oldest character (next to the Orc hunter I made in classic.) I usually go Retribution or Protection and went to Nazjatar for the first time this morning. She's been 120 for maybe a week and had an ilvl of 310 and I got smacked around by the introduction quest. Usually as Ret, I can take 3 mobs no problem but this time, I blundered into 3 of them and only survived because of Lay on Hands (and didn't notice the Farstrider Volley button.)

I did manage to get to the part where you get a portal to Zuldazar but it got me wondering if I should wait a few more ilvls until I return?
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    So I came back to WoW after being gone for about 4 years. My character is a blood elf paladin, had her since Burning Crusade, she's my second oldest character (next to the Orc hunter I made in classic.) I usually go Retribution or Protection and went to Nazjatar for the first time this morning. She's been 120 for maybe a week and had an ilvl of 310 and I got smacked around by the introduction quest. Usually as Ret, I can take 3 mobs no problem but this time, I blundered into 3 of them and only survived because of Lay on Hands (and didn't notice the Farstrider Volley button.)

I did manage to get to the part where you get a portal to Zuldazar but it got me wondering if I should wait a few more ilvls until I return?

My friend had the same issue. I wouldn't worry about it after finishing intro quest you get a 370 weapon, you get to pick 1 of 3 385 pieces. Then you'll get 20 pearls right after that to buy 4 more 385 pieces (or you can finish the quest and upgrade 1 piece). If you aren't swimming in Benthic tokens from your main's WQ then I'd skip the quest for the moment and buy more 385.

No, don't wait. Just push through and you will very quickly accumulate Benthic gear at 385 base which is meant specifically primarily for folks such as yourself in need of catch up gear. Also, I would try to conserve manapearls for upgrading gear as opposed to buying Benthic tokens, as you will accumulate tokens easily and quickly through doing content.
    Last edited by Dinousek; 2019-07-11 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post

Go Holy, can't die and your DPS bodyguard will kill them all until you feel more confident as Retri. Healers basically can't die in open world content unless you pull 20 mobs.

Just push through the first couple of quests. You get a wep and some benthic gear that helps alot. But that said, it was alot easier going in there with my main(401ilevel) than on my warlock(Started at ilevel 360).

But just slug through and tip - Turn WM off, so you wont get annoyed with other faction to.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Go Holy, can't die and your DPS bodyguard will kill them all until you feel more confident as Retri. Healers basically can't die in open world content unless you pull 20 mobs.
    This comment alone is the reason why I want to come back to the game, THANK YOU!

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    310 is definitely a bit low.. It is probably designed more for 350-370 gear, since benthic is 385, which is what the zone rewards, but gear catch up mechanics is pretty easy I recently levelled an alt like about a week before nazjatar opened and got to near 370 within 4-5 days mostly doing WQ's and warfronts when they were up. If you can bare it long enough the short quest line gives you a 385 + 15 ilvl upgrade quest right after equalling 400 ilvl piece of gear + another fast quest line will open up WQ's where I have seen multiple days of 385 gear drops

Do WQs on the main islands. Honestly takes a day or two to get a fresh 120 to 350+ ilvl. You can buy some cheap crafted gear to bump the WQ rewards up if you're really in a hurry.

The Farstrider volley should do more than enough damage to help nuke down a few adds like that.

Honestly at like ilvl 410 my ret paladin starts to get moments where I have to stop to heal myself if I pull a few too many mobs, since the scaling too anyway.

And they love to chew through my felguard on my lock.

As suggested, you should soldier through probably. While you can get gear fast with woldquests, worldbosses and warfronts as well, it will still take you WAY longer than just doing the scenario, getting the weapon and then spending it on benthic tokens. What ever you do, ignore the quest to upgrade it for now. That would just waste 20 pearls with which you could buy 4 pieces.

Ehh i farmed pearl on my 320 alt warrior without any issue.

Try to open your eye and move your hand?

Quote Originally Posted by Gismodan View Post
    This comment alone is the reason why I want to come back to the game, THANK YOU!
    Huh, why?

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, so I took the advice of a few of you and soldiered through it. Now I'm done a day's worth of Nazjatar, and have Benthics for Prot and Ret. It was just those initial quests where I got smacked around that got me nervous.

Even killed the squid boss in the corner. First raid boss in 4 years.
    Putin khuliyo