Survival Hunter M+

How hard is it to get accepted in pugs for Mythic + as a survival hunter?

Quote Originally Posted by Mofoe View Post
    SV has amazing AOE if you know how to manage your bombs properly. Theyre great in M+ and ive never once had anyone complain that im survival

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydarm View Post
    SV has amazing AOE if you know how to manage your bombs properly. Theyre great in M+ and ive never once had anyone complain that im survival
    And add a little Butchery....

Personally though, Stompy BM is my preffered M+

Depends on your io, gear and skill. Same as every class and spec, really.

Won't be as desirable as a rogue of the same io, gear and skill.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Pretty sure if your hold your own, you'll be fine. Most people look for hunters to have Primal Rage.

If your score is good then it should be fine but BM will almost always be better

Just make sure you're the last to be summoned. Also have a bow on hand and equip it before the run starts. Once they activated the key, you can equip your melee weapon, as it will be too late to kick you for being melee.

- - - Updated - - -

Melee isn't wanted in m+ nor raids really, because melee need to dodge all kinds of shit, and lots of times they fail, and even when they don't, they lose dps. Meanwhile ranged specs have 100% uptime, BM hunters and boomkins most of all.

Rogues get invited because of that aoe stealth, though.
    Last edited by The Butt Witch; 2019-07-24 at 06:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sygmar View Post
    Melee isn't wanted in m+ nor raids really, because melee need to dodge all kinds of shit, and lots of times they fail, and even when they don't, they lose dps. Meanwhile ranged specs have 100% uptime, BM hunters and boomkins most of all.

You have no idea what you are talking about. Rogues have insane CC to stop everything that monsters do, best damage and shroud to add to that. Most m+ comps use 2 or 3 melee.

Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    You have no idea what you are talking about. Rogues have insane CC to stop everything that monsters do, best damage and shroud to add to that. Most m+ comps use 2 or 3 melee.
    Actually they use 2-3 melee because of interrupts really. Some dungeons are super aids if you run range comp because the mobs spam cast abilities that hit tanks(or other players) for 30-40% of their health. Pre-nerf Underrot 1st boss could 1 shot tanks with cast if you didn't interrupt her in tyrannical high keys.

Bullshit. Melee aren't invited to mythic raiding setups because of all the "spread or otherwise splash damage / explode" mechanics and prevalence of soaks that are scattered around the room. Spread, soak, move away from the group is like half of raid mechanics used in all possible bosses. "Dodging stuff" isn't a problem, the problem is "must spread" and there's only so much space where you can still be in melee range and don't overlap with anyone. And then you have raids like BODA or Crucible where adds must for some stupid reason be always away from the boss so all the aff locks and spriests can get free resources from adds and melee get nothing.

M+ is another story, the issue is rogues and also demon hunters have extremely overloaded kit with all possible utility, defensives, mobility and whatnot, on top of doing top notch dps. Rogues are especially wanted due to shroud, but they also provide multiple cc, they have cloak / cheat death to cheese mechanics (and vanish for some too that can be cancelled with it), tricks for skittish week, they can deal with stuff like dog in freehold thanks to stealth, open doors in tol dagor, there's never a dungeon that you wouldn't want to invite a rogue into. Some teams even run 2 rogues. So generally the space for "wildcard dps" is very limited. At least there is a "wildcard spot" now imagine playing a "low tier" spec on the roles that only have 1 spot, let's say... resto shaman. You can do the weekly, yeah, but you'll have much harder climb into higher keys due to class issue.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2019-07-26 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Actually they use 2-3 melee because of interrupts really. Some dungeons are super aids if you run range comp because the mobs spam cast abilities that hit tanks(or other players) for 30-40% of their health. Pre-nerf Underrot 1st boss could 1 shot tanks with cast if you didn't interrupt her in tyrannical high keys.
    Rogues have insane CC to stop everything that monsters do
    I clearly didn't mention it.

I clearly didn't mention it.
    Interrupts are not generally put into the same bucket as CC. CC typically refers to an ability that makes the enemy unable to act at all for a longer period of time.

Every melee has interrupt but not every melee has aoe stun like dh / monk or multiple single target stuns like rogue. Also all 3 of these classes have a "take mob out of combat" cc (prison / sap / blind / paralyze) that work on majority of mob types. Yes, surv hunter has trap and pet stun if specced but that still puts them "not exactly up there" box, they aren't strictly better than rogue / dh in any aspect, so they won't become meta for that reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't matter, it's all about public perception, and right now the public says SVs are out.

Rogues and DHs are still the key kings with every other DPS coming in below them. WWs/Eles/DKs/Mages are all good as well, but are a tier below Rogue/DH.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Doesn't matter, it's all about public perception, and right now the public says SVs are out.

Rogues and DHs are still the key kings with every other DPS coming in below them. WWs/Eles/DKs/Mages are all good as well, but are a tier below Rogue/DH.
    DH is only A tier because they are literally impossible to play wrong. Monks are better in full melee comps but take considerably more skill to play properly.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's hard in general. I play an enhance sham and even at ilvl 426, I maybe get into 10% of the keys I apply to which is comprised of mostly 10's, maybe the occasional 11.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

I play a BM and depending on the day the % of acceptance varies. When I form a group I don't really care if its BM / MM / SV (though I hardly ever see MM / SV being played). I additionally took Eng for the BRezz and make it a point to wsp that to the lead so in nonBRezz group I get a better chance given I bring not only lust, BRezz but also slows, binding shot, soothe, ST stun, pet tank if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Trielwin View Post
    Most people look for hunters to have Primal Rage.
    Goes to show how small brain a lot of puggers are. BM is the best of the 3 specs in m+ by far, and in almost all m+ boss situations it doesn't switch to lust pet. The dmg loss from switching pets (as in waiting in front of the boss vs pulling, or afking part of the pack before, and after) as well as losing the survivability and ability to heal people (to let your healer dps more) isn't worth it. (From a group perspective, as in the impact on the timer, not a personal higher dps thing)

You stick with your spirit beast, outside of scenarios where there's RP before a boss AND the boss doesn't have remotely spooky dmg. People severely overestimate the difference of 5% haste. You just drums. There's a reason no one in mdi gives a crap about bringing someone who has a proper lust, it's really not needed.

Just make sure you're the last to be summoned. Also have a bow on hand and equip it before the run starts. Once they activated the key, you can equip your melee weapon, as it will be too late to kick you for being melee.

- - - Updated - - -

Rofl. There are several mechanics in M+, that don't even target melee... there are several affixes, that don't even target melee.

SV sucks though.