Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Exclamation N’zoth SHOULDN’T be the final boss!

After seeing the final cinematic for the new raid, I have to say I’m a bit worried. I know there’s been talk going around about how we should know who the final boss of the expansion is by now, and if that’s the case then N’zoth seems like the obvious choice they’re pointing to. HOWEVER I hope and pray that blizzard does not choose to do this as it would be a huge waste of a HUGE (both physically and developed) character.

1. HIS PAST: As a massive N’zoth fan myself, I have done my research time and time again to try and piece together everything this game has to offer about his character. If you weren’t already aware, he has been manipulating and been present through multiple huge WoW moments. He was completely responsible for the emerald nightmare, which has been a thing since early Warcraft. He was completely responsible for the corruption and mission given to Deathwing, AKA ALL OF CATA. He was responsible for the creation and use of the Naga as well as Azshara (if you didn’t already know that.) who also has been responsible for countless events making N’zoth responsible by extension. He is even speculated to have been responsible for the Legions return in WoD and Legion!! If you want more information on that I encourage you to check out Bellulars video about it.

2. HE IS A THREAT: Sure we’ve “defeated” Yogg and Cthun.. But those were only extremely small pieces! If those “pieces” can be considered a final boss of a huge raid (like ahn'qiraj and ulduar were) then surely N’zoth in his full form can’t be. EVEN THE TITANS HAD TROUBLE DEALING WITH THEM! If they could only imprison these God’s then we shouldn’t be able to kill them with 40 measly people.

3. YOGG SARON AND CTHUN ARE STILL ALIVE: that’s right people, they are. Still imprisoned in their respective prisons. If you don’t remember, in Legion and early BfA we ran into both of them again! Maybe not C’thun exactly, but definitely Yogg. In Legion we get a quest with Magni to explore Ulduar because of some disturbances again. Turns out YOGG SARON IS STILL ACTIVE IN THERE! Confirmed by Magni himself. Also if you’ve been living under a rock, you might’ve missed the giant sword going into silithus exposing the powerful azerite just waiting for SOMEONE to soak it up. Coincidence? I THINK NOT!

3 part 2. ALL EYES SHALL BE OPENED: If N’zoth is as smart as I know he is then he will immodestly restore the big 3, AKA Yogg Cthun and Himself back to power. Before they were imprisoned, and after Y’shaarj was killed, they teamed up against the Titans. Now that the titans are gone and there are not more threats it’s time for N’zoth to do what he does best and FREE THEM each of them taking over their respective territories. This could lead to a world revamp, a level squish, and more if blizzard just played their cards right. It could also lead to the awakening of Azeroth herself at the end as well.

4. NY’ALOTHA: It’s not a little patch city that we do world quests through, it’s a piece of the black empire kept alive by burying it under the ocean! Ny’alotha should be raised and it should be an expansion zone not a patch one, as should the dragons isles but that’s a separate topic. SUCH WASTED HISTORY AND POTENTIAL if they make it another Argus.

5. ANOTHER FINAL BOSS: A simple solution to a more complex then it needs to be problem. Just make another final boss! Whether it’s Nathanos, Azshara round 2, Sylvanas, Anduin, I don’t care anything but N’zoth. Honestly just finish the Horde vs Alliance thing this expansion and go full Old Gods next expansion, opening with Azshara round 2 as the first raid. That would make much more sense.

TL;DR: Don’t make N’zoth the final boss. Bring back the other 2 old gods and save them for an Old God expansion in 9.0.

Let me know what other final boss you think would fit the bill, or other ideas you have. Thanks for reading! (Praise the god of the Deep

Dude we have no idea who the final boss is. Azshara? N'Zoth? Sylvanas? There are clues pointing to all three. That cinematic was incredibly unclear.

Though with how shit blizzard is at everything else, it's probably N'Zoth.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

we will get SoO 2.0

3+ Year Old Account
    Last boss is going to be a corrupted neptluon whatever he water lords name is.

They said we would know who the final boss is AFTER the cinematic, and AFTER the cinematic we have Theron telling Jaina that there will never be a lasting peace so long as Sylvanas holds Orgrimmar, so really it is unclear what the final patch will be about. Because it is easy to forget about the faction war after that N'Zoth cinematic, but both of them are huge plotlines.

And before anyone mentions all the statements about her not being Garrosh 2.0 and yada yada yada, that doesn't mean that Sylvanas is the final boss, that just means that the final raid does not have to be N'Zoth-themed and could very well revolve around the faction war. Whether it is the Siege of Orgrimmar 2.0 or the Siege of Thunder Bluff, it remains to be seen, but one thing is certain, that ousting Sylvanas from Orgrimmar will be a major plotline going into the future.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

3+ Year Old Account
    Or it’s was literally shown in the video. Who else besides N’zoth and Azshara were in the video. Dun dun dun, finally boss is Elf leader fuck what was his name.

It wouldn't surprise me if they wasted N'zoth on a final boss thing, but it'd make more sense if we fought Sylvanas. Fighting all 3 Warbringers would make more sense than fighting only 2 and the third is just there in the background for 15 seconds every patch.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalBrute View Post
    After seeing the final cinematic for the new raid, I have to say I’m a bit worried. I know there’s been talk going around about how we should know who the final boss of the expansion is by now, and if that’s the case then N’zoth seems like the obvious choice they’re pointing to. HOWEVER I hope and pray that blizzard does not choose to do this as it would be a huge waste of a HUGE (both physically and developed) character.

1. HIS PAST: As a massive N’zoth fan myself, I have done my research time and time again to try and piece together everything this game has to offer about his character. If you weren’t already aware, he has been manipulating and been present through multiple huge WoW moments. He was completely responsible for the emerald nightmare, which has been a thing since early Warcraft. He was completely responsible for the corruption and mission given to Deathwing, AKA ALL OF CATA. He was responsible for the creation and use of the Naga as well as Azshara (if you didn’t already know that.) who also has been responsible for countless events making N’zoth responsible by extension. He is even speculated to have been responsible for the Legions return in WoD and Legion!! If you want more information on that I encourage you to check out Bellulars video about it.

2. HE IS A THREAT: Sure we’ve “defeated” Yogg and Cthun.. But those were only extremely small pieces! If those “pieces” can be considered a final boss of a huge raid (like ahn'qiraj and ulduar were) then surely N’zoth in his full form can’t be. EVEN THE TITANS HAD TROUBLE DEALING WITH THEM! If they could only imprison these God’s then we shouldn’t be able to kill them with 40 measly people.

3. YOGG SARON AND CTHUN ARE STILL ALIVE: that’s right people, they are. Still imprisoned in their respective prisons. If you don’t remember, in Legion and early BfA we ran into both of them again! Maybe not C’thun exactly, but definitely Yogg. In Legion we get a quest with Magni to explore Ulduar because of some disturbances again. Turns out YOGG SARON IS STILL ACTIVE IN THERE! Confirmed by Magni himself. Also if you’ve been living under a rock, you might’ve missed the giant sword going into silithus exposing the powerful azerite just waiting for SOMEONE to soak it up. Coincidence? I THINK NOT!

3 part 2. ALL EYES SHALL BE OPENED: If N’zoth is as smart as I know he is then he will immodestly restore the big 3, AKA Yogg Cthun and Himself back to power. Before they were imprisoned, and after Y’shaarj was killed, they teamed up against the Titans. Now that the titans are gone and there are not more threats it’s time for N’zoth to do what he does best and FREE THEM each of them taking over their respective territories. This could lead to a world revamp, a level squish, and more if blizzard just played their cards right. It could also lead to the awakening of Azeroth herself at the end as well.

4. NY’ALOTHA: It’s not a little patch city that we do world quests through, it’s a piece of the black empire kept alive by burying it under the ocean! Ny’alotha should be raised and it should be an expansion zone not a patch one, as should the dragons isles but that’s a separate topic. SUCH WASTED HISTORY AND POTENTIAL if they make it another Argus.

5. ANOTHER FINAL BOSS: A simple solution to a more complex then it needs to be problem. Just make another final boss! Whether it’s Nathanos, Azshara round 2, Sylvanas, Anduin, I don’t care anything but N’zoth. Honestly just finish the Horde vs Alliance thing this expansion and go full Old Gods next expansion, opening with Azshara round 2 as the first raid. That would make much more sense.

TL;DR: Don’t make N’zoth the final boss. Bring back the other 2 old gods and save them for an Old God expansion in 9.0.

Let me know what other final boss you think would fit the bill, or other ideas you have. Thanks for reading! (Praise the god of the Deep
    1) The Nightmare wasn't N'zoth alone, Yogg helped there. Outside of that, I guess this is accurate but these are not reasons why he shouldn't be the final boss. Just story bits.

2) Oh, the Titans could kill every old god. The reason they didn't is because Azeroth would've died with them. Old Gods ain't shit to Titans.

3.1) Yes, and they are imprisoned. What does this have to do with N'zoth being the final boss? Also, Blizz could easily say that Sargeras' sword killed C'thun.

3.2) No titans, no Legion so the Old Gods have no reason to team up. They are too selfish for that, I think N'zoth would know that too. Why would he wanna team up, he's winning now alone anyways.
    Azeroth awakening would mean the planet would be 'destroyed' as in not habitable anymore.

4) Nobody knows what Ny'alotha is so there can't be any wasted potential.

5) All we know is that Sylvanas will not be the final boss. Blizz confirmed this many times now. Nathanos would be pretty retarded. We can rule out Azshara as she's the final boss now. Anduin? How?
    The most likely scenario is that N'zoth is BfA final big bad bitch. Nothing else would make sense, maybe Sylvanas but then again she is out of the picture.

1. Yes, he has been behind the scenes a long time. And has always had some pawn to draw our attention, rather than being the threat himself. I also agree that it'll be sad to end his story too quick.

2. The past Old Gods were always still under some seals. They could not draw upon their true power. Their growth was very limited compared to their maximum reach. They can grow to engulf worlds, limited only by each other. But the ones we've faced so far had a few lands at best to grow into.

3. False. They are dead. They have been confirmed dead. They are not gone. And like other eternal beings that have been killed, their presence can endure. The things we encountered in Ulduar were called Saronite Echoes. They are like the Sha for Y'shaarj. He may still whisper old whispers. He may still spawn echoes. But his Yogg-Saron's body is dead. Even his last words declared himself a corpse.

3-2. In the end, only one can devour Azeroth. Old Gods compete for that role. Raising his competitors would be a dumb move for N'Zoth. He can grow unfettered currently, without competition. I could only picture him raising the others if he believes we are a greater threat to his success than the other Old Gods. I'm not sure we've proved that.

4. While I would greatly enjoy a Black Empire expansion, and it is my wish, I really am not sure that Ny'Alotha as a whole expansion zone would work. Everything should be tainted and built in Old God style. It would be like making the Mac'Aree zone of Argus one zone. It may actually work better as a patch zone. Even if it is in a Black Empire expansion.

5. I do agree the Horde vs Alliance needs a good and satisfying end. I really hope Blizzard has a good plan for it. However... I am afraid they really have no other cards to pull here.

When this expansion was announced, I predicted that this was the N'Zoth expansion, disguised as Horde vs Alliance, because Blizzard doesn't think N'Zoth can sell a whole expansion as the main foe. Since then, there has been a lot of great speculation. Things thought up that would be much better. But Blizzard plans these things a long time in advance. I don't think they've altered course. I expect 8.3 will be named The Black Empire Rises and Ny'alotha to surface with N'Zoth as foe. It's the expected path. And I expect them to take it.

Yogg doesn't have any eyes. So you can't open them. If it were 'ALL MOUTHS WILL OPEN' then I'd be on board.

However, I'm 100% on board for an old gods expansion. If they want to extend WoW much more it should probably go:

Ex9 Old Gods

Ex10 Sargeras

Ex11 Void Gods

End.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

From what I heard and read, it's been very heavily implied if not almost confirmed that N'zoth will be the final boss of the expansion. Not sure why this is even a debate.

But then again, many people thought Classic will have LFR, even after they said "we know that Classic is Classic". It took actual explicit confirmation, and for some even beta access, to finally admit that it's not true.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    Or it’s was literally shown in the video. Who else besides N’zoth and Azshara were in the video. Dun dun dun, finally boss is Elf leader fuck what was his name.
    Or the cinematic portion with Azshara and N'zoth was setting them up for next expansion. Similarly to what happened with Gul'Dan at the end of Hellfire Citadel in preparation for Legion.

Who really knows for sure?

(I doubt it... N'zoth is more than likely to be the end boss. Just playing devils advocate here.)

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    1. Yes, he has been behind the scenes a long time. And has always had some pawn to draw our attention, rather than being the threat himself. I also agree that it'll be sad to end his story too quick.

2. The past Old Gods were always still under some seals. They could not draw upon their true power. Their growth was very limited compared to their maximum reach. They can grow to engulf worlds, limited only by each other. But the ones we've faced so far had a few lands at best to grow into.

3. False. They are dead. They have been confirmed dead. They are not gone. And like other eternal beings that have been killed, their presence can endure. The things we encountered in Ulduar were called Saronite Echoes. They are like the Sha for Y'shaarj. He may still whisper old whispers. He may still spawn echoes. But his Yogg-Saron's body is dead. Even his last words declared himself a corpse.

3-2. In the end, only one can devour Azeroth. Old Gods compete for that role. Raising his competitors would be a dumb move for N'Zoth. He can grow unfettered currently, without competition. I could only picture him raising the others if he believes we are a greater threat to his success than the other Old Gods. I'm not sure we've proved that.

4. While I would greatly enjoy a Black Empire expansion, and it is my wish, I really am not sure that Ny'Alotha as a whole expansion zone would work. Everything should be tainted and built in Old God style. It would be like making the Mac'Aree zone of Argus one zone. It may actually work better as a patch zone. Even if it is in a Black Empire expansion.

5. I do agree the Horde vs Alliance needs a good and satisfying end. I really hope Blizzard has a good plan for it. However... I am afraid they really have no other cards to pull here.

When this expansion was announced, I predicted that this was the N'Zoth expansion, disguised as Horde vs Alliance, because Blizzard doesn't think N'Zoth can sell a whole expansion as the main foe. Since then, there has been a lot of great speculation. Things thought up that would be much better. But Blizzard plans these things a long time in advance. I don't think they've altered course. I expect 8.3 will be named The Black Empire Rises and Ny'alotha to surface with N'Zoth as foe. It's the expected path. And I expect them to take it.
    Do you happen to know where there is a confirmation that they are dead. All my searches come up with current info and speculation. I know I have seen it co formed that they are all infact dead except N'zoth.

Maybe they will twist it all and there will be no "last boss" that we can defeat. We will lose both Alliance and Horde. Much gnashing of teeth and "we told you's". Factions will split sides will be chosen then rechosen. Chaos is a ladder and we're on the bottom rung!!!!

End bosses are corrupted Jaina and Lor'themar. Horde fights Lor'themar, Alliance fights Jaina.
    Retail sucks. Classic sucks. No positivity, only negative feedback. Why is everybody so damn miserable? Must be somebody else's fault, it couldn't possibly be my INSANELY TOXIC ATTITUDE.

5+ Year Old Account
    Other than Sargaeras, are the other Titans dead?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Maybe they will twist it all and there will be no "last boss" that we can defeat. We will lose both Alliance and Horde. Much gnashing of teeth and "we told you's". Factions will split sides will be chosen then rechosen. Chaos is a ladder and we're on the bottom rung!!!!
    Yes please
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

10+ Year Old Account
    your reasoning is flawed, C'thun is canonically dead, as is Y'Shaarrj, that's 2 of the 4 named old god's out of the picture, yogg was never killed, only his physical manifestation was destroyed so it was only a matter of time before they brought him back again, and honestly at this point they need to make N'zoth an end boss because he has the longest story arc in the game of any character, his reveal was in cataclysm as the old god that corrupted deathwing, it was N'zoth who corrupted the emerald dream into the emerald nightmare (after yogg had created an opening), as you stated above, however it's BECAUSE OF THESE EVENTS that means we should be challenging him, while the weakest physically of the known old gods he is the most formidable due to being able to raise an army by manipulating others to do his bidding.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    Other than Sargaeras, are the other Titans dead?

- - - Updated - - -

Yes please
    according to chronicle, Sargeras murdered the entire Titan Pantheon and all that remains of them are their 'essences' that were imbued into the things they created, (think of it like the whole horcrux mechanic from harry potter just without the whole resurrection portion), this was retconned in game during antorus for gameplay reasons and is just used as a gameplay device.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Anything that would cause the game to be entirely re-written will not happen. Therefore, what you said will not happen.

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    your reasoning is flawed, C'thun is canonically dead, as is Y'Shaarrj, that's 2 of the 4 named old god's out of the picture, yogg was never killed, only his physical manifestation was destroyed so it was only a matter of time before they brought him back again, and honestly at this point they need to make N'zoth an end boss because he has the longest story arc in the game of any character, his reveal was in cataclysm as the old god that corrupted deathwing, it was N'zoth who corrupted the emerald dream into the emerald nightmare (after yogg had created an opening), as you stated above, however it's BECAUSE OF THESE EVENTS that means we should be challenging him, while the weakest physically of the known old gods he is the most formidable due to being able to raise an army by manipulating others to do his bidding.

- - - Updated - - -

according to chronicle, Sargeras murdered the entire Titan Pantheon and all that remains of them are their 'essences' that were imbued into the things they created, (think of it like the whole horcrux mechanic from harry potter just without the whole resurrection portion), this was retconned in game during antorus for gameplay reasons and is just used as a gameplay device.
    It wasnt retconned. Their essences were just released and they are back. Do you even know what retconned means?

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Do you happen to know where there is a confirmation that they are dead. All my searches come up with current info and speculation. I know I have seen it co formed that they are all infact dead except N'zoth.
    It is hard to find, yes. I believe it was in some Q&A thing. In the end though, it's a bit down to definitions.

Yogg-Saron calls his dying body a corpse. Xal'atath confirms that in the end, only one Old God would remain. Cho'gall tried to resurrect C'thun. Yogg-Saron is producing echoes and repeating old whispers now, just like we've seen from torn-apart Y'shaarj.

I define that as "Dead, but not gone".

But I've seen others define that as "Slumbering". Or even "Inactive, but very much alive".

Technically speaking they are probably "God-style dead". Meaning that, while their prime manifestation or body was destroyed, their essence and spirits continue to exist. Just like with Loa, Ancients, and Titans. Someday, unlike mortals, they may claw their way back to harass us again. In that sense, they are immortal. That doesn't mean they aren't dead. It just means that death isn't an obstacle they can't overcome.