Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

WoW Classic - Hunter Beta Issues Update

Patch 8.2 Hotfixes - July 11th, Special Reclamation Rig Event, Aqueous Reliquary

Nazjatar Bodyguard Experience, Bodyguard Rank 20 Snapdragon Mount, Nazjatar Rares

WoW Classic - Hunter Beta Issues Update
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Since the beginning of beta, we’ve seen a lot of bug reports around the Hunter class in particular, and we’ve been working diligently over the past weeks to shore up some of the issues that players have been reporting to us. We felt that it would be helpful to post an update on our progress as well as to clear up some confusion around issues that were reported that are behaving consistently with the Reference client and are not considered to be actual bugs.

The following issues are behaving as expected and are considered to be “Not a Bug” (we’ll be updating the Not A Bug list with these issues as well):

• Hunter “dead zone” is working as expected and is consistent with the Reference Client
    • A wolf pet’s Howl buff is consumed by anything that causes damage, even if it does not benefit from the buff
    • A Hunter pet’s Bite and Claw ability damage will not change in the tooltip based on the happiness of the pet. The tooltip will always display the damage as if the pet were Content (yellow). This is consistent with the Reference client
      • Note: This was reported several times to us based on 1.2 patch notes which seem to have been misunderstood. The intent here is simply that damage displayed is what the pet would deal if it were Content, not what it deals based on its current happiness level.
    • Traps can sometimes not be triggered if a player moves over them very quickly (i.e. a Warrior’s Charge ability). This behavior is consistent with the Reference client.
    • Auto Shot does not make a sound when cast during the animation of Hunter’s Mark and certain other abilities
    • Scatter Shot and Freezing Trap share diminishing returns

The following reported issues are either confirmed fixed in recent builds, or we have upcoming fixes currently in testing:

• Crocolisk pets cause noticeable server lag when summoned
    • Beast lore does not display the targeted creatures armor in the tooltip
    • Feign death does not immediately drop the Hunter from combat in a Battleground
    • Feign Death does not cause the Hunter’s health and mana bar to zero out as if the Hunter was dead
    • Feign Death does not kill the hunter if they stay feigned the entire duration
    • Hunters are performing a WalkBackwards animation while strafing left during Auto Shot
    • Hunters have the ability to tame pets 2 levels higher than the Hunter’s level
    • Hunter Pets do not auto-cast Dash or Dive when engaging their target
    • The Bonus Armor from Thick Hide is dropping off of Hunter pets shortly after talenting into it
    • Sending Hunter pets into combat with a special ability such as Bite does not also trigger your pet to begin attacking
    • Multiple instances of Hunter’s Mark can be applied to a target
    • Hunters are unable to cancel the animation associated with placing a trap by moving
    • Explosive Trap and Frost Trap place the hunter into combat each time they apply their associated effects or deal damage
    • Enemies will ignore collision when in combat with a player
      • Note: This isn’t hunter specific and was a global issue. This did affect Hunter pets so we listed it here
    • Pets do not display a “ding” visual when leveling up
    • Activating a Night Elf Hunter’s Shadowmeld racial ability at the same time that the Eyes of the Beast cast completes will give the player control over pet movement without snapping to the Pet’s point of view
    • Ranged attacks cannot be blocked
    • Training pets may cause your client to become unresponsive
    • The spell animation for flare is significantly different than the animation used in 1.12

Please note that this list is not comprehensive. There have been many other issues that affect hunters that have been fixed recently, and we are still hard at work fixing other bugs.

The following issues have been confirmed as bugs and are still Known Issues as of our current Beta build:

• Hunter pets that died while the hunter was in a battleground are resurrected in an unhappy state when the battleground ends
    • Auto Shot does not animate or display a missile when it fires immediately after Aimed Shot
    • Aspect of the Pack will sometimes attempt to apply itself to mounted party members
    • When a Quiver or Ammo Pouch is equipped, the tooltip for Aimed Shot incorrectly reflects an attack speed bonus from the Quiver or Ammo Pouch that it does not actually receive
    • When taming a pet that teaches the Hunter a new Beast Training ability, the chat message does not report the ability’s rank
    • The Hunter’s quiver may occasionally appear in the Hunter’s hand instead of the Hunter’s equipped weapon

We hope to have fixes in place for these issues before launch, but please note that we can never guarantee when or if any known issue will be fixed.
    Thank you all for your reports on the WoW Classic Beta so far!

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    You think you do, but you don't.

I have mained hunter since those days and I can say it's literally the most broken class overall. It always had something bugged in every patch and it still has many bugs in 8.2. It will be broken in Classic too and all I can say is good luck for the dev team to fix them all, I also commiserate with all hunters who choose to play that class in Classic World of Warcraft.

scatter and freezing trap share DR....huh

Warts and all, only problem: hunters have bigger warts than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Warts and all, only problem: hunters have bigger warts than others.
    Yes but that's only because witch isn't a playable class

Quote Originally Posted by mmocfd1b0ab5a3 View Post
    I have mained hunter since those days and I can say it's literally the most broken class overall. It always had something bugged in every patch and it still has many bugs in 8.2. It will be broken in Classic too and all I can say is good luck for the dev team to fix them all, I also commiserate with all hunters who choose to play that class in Classic World of Warcraft.
    I was thinking about it honestly since I main a hunter now. But I think I will stay away from the hunter. Not sure which to go too now though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mukind View Post
    scatter and freezing trap share DR....huh
    They said they DR with themselves not one with another.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by socialmaker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoy View Post
    [*]Scatter Shot and Freezing Trap share diminishing returns[/blizzquote]
    Learn to read
    Last edited by ZazuuPriest; 2019-07-12 at 06:05 AM.

share aka they DR with one another

.........................................wut?

I've been a Hunter main since 2007 but I would never go back in time to play this class in its original form. It was extremely broken and inconsistent. Not to mention that we used MANA... I understand the nostalgia effect but it would be like hitting your balls with a hammer.

Mained a hunter throughout most of Vanilla and had a blast! Great class with alot of potential.

Nice.

And to people that are so scared of playing a Hunter in Classic now because of this list.. Your loss.

Sure, Hunters dont top the DPS meters in Naxxramas but in early raids they are really strong. They are still needed in Naxxramas too for kiting and curing enrages.

In literally every single other aspect of the game outside of the cutting edge endgame raiding, they are probably the strongest of them all. Kings of leveling. Kings of gold farming. Kings of duels. Kings of World PvP.

What a weak and unfinished class, huh?

I love the updates to the 'not a bug' list.

Maybe people should be focusing on playing what they think will be fun, rather than look only at mechanics or who will be "the best" class in a given scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    Nice.

And to people that are so scared of playing a Hunter in Classic now because of this list.. Your loss.

Sure, Hunters dont top the DPS meters in Naxxramas but in early raids they are really strong. They are still needed in Naxxramas too for kiting and curing enrages.

In literally every single other aspect of the game outside of the cutting edge endgame raiding, they are probably the strongest of them all. Kings of leveling. Kings of gold farming. Kings of duels. Kings of World PvP.

What a weak and unfinished class, huh?
    Yeah this. And hunters are also really fun to play in classic... unlike hunters in BfA

Getting rid of the silly dead zone minimum distance, not being able to move whilst shooting and pet feeding are some of the reasons I still play wow. These are also the reasons I won't be playing classic to any major capacity.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still waiting for the day the strafing visual bug gets fixed..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLoque View Post
    I've been a Hunter main since 2007 but I would never go back in time to play this class in its original form. It was extremely broken and inconsistent. Not to mention that we used MANA... I understand the nostalgia effect but it would be like hitting your balls with a hammer.
    I want to make a meme for this. Picture a daughter with her ill-suited boyfriend in front of her dad.

Dad with the face changed out for Blizzard's Classic Bug List and them saying "You think you do but you don't"

Boyfriend's face is changed out for WoW Classic logo

Daughter yells "But Daddy I love him!"
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."