Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Played a Hunter in Vanilla. Not interested in going back at all.

Hunter will probably be the 1st class I level since farming with is easy.

"Crocolisk pets cause noticeable server lag when summoned"... That must be one of the oddest and most specific bugs I've ever seen.
    Although for quite some time during BfA, just having a pet out, any pet, caused many to experience regular (as clockwork) fps drops so I suppose different time, just as odd bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Yeah this. And hunters are also really fun to play in classic... unlike hunters in BfA
    Single Target
    Single target rotations for Hunters aren't too complex. They revolve around maximizing your pet damage, while not putting it in too much danger, while you are using the abilities Aimed Shot and Multi-Shot. Other than those abilities, you are almost always just auto attacking. One important thing to note is that Hunters always use slow ranged weapons because of Aimed Shot.
    It is important for Hunters to not "clip" their auto attacks. What this means is that if you are about to shoot an auto attack in 1 second, but start a 3 second cast of Aimed Shot, you are losing out on that auto attack because Hunters cannot fire auto attacks while casting. To work around this Hunters look for weapons that have 3.0 attack speed or slower (such as Ashjre'thul, Crossbow of Smiting). If Aimed Shot is available, the Hunter will wait for an auto shot to go off, then start casting Aimed Shot so that they do not miss out on any auto attacks.

Multi Target
    Aside from Multi-Shot, which is already in the Hunter's normal rotation, AoE damage can come from preemptively setting up traps, like Immolation Trap. Moreover, if the mobs are not dying extremely quickly, and if your raid leader allows it, a hunter can tab-target and multi dot with serpent sting (although there are limited debuff slots, so make sure it is alright with your team first). Lastly, Hunters have the ability Volley, but it's damage output is quite low. So, this ability is typically best used only if there is a large density of enemies stacked up.

So compelling, such design. I'll take BfA, thanks, although MoP was the best iteration of the class so far.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2019-07-12 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    So compelling, such design. I'll take BfA, thanks, although MoP was the best iteration of the class so far.
    Then take it, but I still think that hunters were super fun to play in vanilla. Yes the gameplay was simple, but that doesn't mean at all that the spec is boring or bad.

BfA MM has quite a lot of buttons to press and the spec is extremely boring.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Then take it, but I still think that hunters were super fun to play in vanilla. Yes the gameplay was simple, but that doesn't mean at all that the spec is boring or bad.

BfA MM has quite a lot of buttons to press and the spec is extremely boring.
    Well as someone having spent considerable time with the class on a certain shall-not-be-named server, I was bored out of my mind in any form of content which required playing for performance.

And current MM is boring as hell not due to button count, but because BFA MM is just a few steps away from being a Classic spec in terms of design. At least that's my opinion. It does gain some favor from certain azerite traits though.

Scatter Shot and Freezing Trap share diminishing returns
    Was there such a thing in classic?
    I mean DR.

I remember ppl sheepped or trapped for ages, over and over and over.

Training pets may cause your client to become unresponsive
    Could anybody explain?

Quote Originally Posted by Gatto View Post
    I mean DR.

It's a bug introduced in 1.12. Classic is going to be a copy of 1.12 w/ most of its bugs.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's a fuck ton of bugs just for one class. Does anyone have faith this will have actual fidelity?

Ahh the hunter dead zone... should never have been removed.

This actually makes me want to play Hunter more than any other class. I played hunter for a little while at the beginning of Wrath but that was my only experience with it. I remember fighting Malygos and having to actually manage the dead zone in a raiding situation for the first time ever and wondering why the game never put you in situations where it mattered before that. Class specific weaknesses are such an interesting design tool that never gets used anymore. Filling up my tiny bags with arrows and pet food also sounds pretty amazing. What is even the point of having bags in a game where inventory management isn't supposed to be part of the gameplay?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyuna View Post
    Ahh the hunter dead zone... should never have been removed.
    As a hunter said back in the days on the forums:
    "Today I wanted to shoot myself, so I put the gun against my head and pulled the trigger, but I got an error message 'Sorry, that target is too close.'".
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Well as someone having spent considerable time with the class on a certain shall-not-be-named server, I was bored out of my mind in any form of content which required playing for performance.

And current MM is boring as hell not due to button count, but because BFA MM is just a few steps away from being a Classic spec in terms of design. At least that's my opinion. It does gain some favor from certain azerite traits though.
    And yet ppl complain BFA rotation is too simple and boring? Figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Kendros View Post
    And yet ppl complain BFA rotation is too simple and boring? Figures.
    Difficult to weed out what's genuine and just part of the usual "current WoW sucks"-brigade. People enjoying their class are less likely to speak out.

Also so few actually manage to perform at any level with their main, nevermind every class.
    As barebones as some specs have become, they could be worse as seen from history. Ion's recent appearance on class design gives hope though. ^_^
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2019-07-12 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    I love the updates to the 'not a bug' list.
    Why? Because it gives you a hit of undeserved smugness?

I mean DR.

Could anybody explain?
    DR's were in Vanilla, not at the start though i believe (i think DRs started to be added in 1.3 or something) and i also don't think every CC's had DR's. They changed it quite ofter over the course of Vanilla.

LOL at all the people playing Hunters not realizing this how they Hunters mostly played and worked back then , lmao, have fun you Classic-ers! woooooo

I mean DR.

Could anybody explain?
    Poly has a DR....takes a lotta polies to get it to the point it does nothing. And only like 12-15 seconds and it resets.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    I was thinking about it honestly since I main a hunter now. But I think I will stay away from the hunter. Not sure which to go too now though.
    I've tried it too, but baggs... you are welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Landy Lee View Post
    I've tried it too, but baggs... you are welcome
    No problem. I think I will go to third aisle next time and try a mage or lock maybe a druid.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    No problem. I think I will go to third aisle next time and try a mage or lock maybe a druid.
    Thank you!