Question Warlords of Draenor Faction Reputations

Back in WoD i didnt really do the rep farming for sertain factions. But now that i am a mount farmer, which just hit Lord of the Reins (personal long term goal), I want to get the mounts that you can buy with the warlords factions.

Now i did some research on WoWhead, but i see a lot of people commenting that they are just getting 1 rep per kill at level 120.. Is this truely the case? If so is it better to grind this on a lower level character?

Sorry for bringen back the WoD memories to you guys

just farm 4 rares in Tanaan every day. They have a high chance of dropping the Medallion which gives like 1000 raw rep to each faction and is affected by percentage buffs (IE: 20% from Trade Post lvl 3, 10% from DMF etc). Overall I used like 15 Medallions back in Legion to get that rep to exalted (they did cost like 3-5k gold on my AH, so i bought like 7 or 8).

Quote Originally Posted by Cazle View Post
    Now i did some research on WoWhead, but i see a lot of people commenting that they are just getting 1 rep per kill at level 120.. Is this truely the case? If so is it better to grind this on a lower level character?
    Did you actually go and experience this bug yourself? It sounds like you assume it's still bugged just because of old wowhead comments? This was broken at BfA release, but should probably be fixed already, one would hope. No the mobs should not give 1 rep, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornith View Post
    just farm 4 rares in Tanaan every day. They have a high chance of dropping the Medallion which gives like 1000 raw rep to each faction and is affected by percentage buffs (IE: 20% from Trade Post lvl 3, 10% from DMF etc). Overall I used like 15 Medallions back in Legion to get that rep to exalted (they did cost like 3-5k gold on my AH, so i bought like 7 or 8).
    What he's talking about are reps that can be power grinded by killing regular mobs (like Arakkoa Outcasts, or Council of Exarchs).

Medallions of the Legion are an alternative way to power through WoD reputations, but if you're planing to farm for them it will take ages. If you really want to skip thsoe reps, then you have to buy those medallions of AH.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Back in WoD i didnt really do the rep farming for sertain factions. But now that i am a mount farmer, which just hit Lord of the Reins (personal long term goal), I want to get the mounts that you can buy with the warlords factions.

They reversed the 1-rep thing a few months ago.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Did you actually go and experience this bug yourself? It sounds like you assume it's still bugged just because of old wowhead comments? This was broken at BfA release, but should probably be fixed already, one would hope. No the mobs should not give 1 rep, obviously.

What he's talking about are reps that can be power grinded by killing regular mobs (like Arakkoa Outcasts, or Council of Exarchs).

Medallions of the Legion are an alternative way to power through WoD reputations, but if you're planing to farm for them it will take ages. If you really want to skip thsoe reps, then you have to buy those medallions of AH.
    I haven't been able to test myself yet, but i thought i could ask on MMOC to see if this is still true. I indeed wanna farm the reps instead of taking ages to get it to exalted with the medallions, which are pretty expensive on my server now to buy and take while to farm enough of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    They reversed the 1-rep thing a few months ago.
    Awesome, so i guess its like 10 rep per kill then? Thats perfectly fine, guess ill get it done asap. Thanks!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I haven't been able to test myself yet, but i thought i could ask on MMOC to see if this is still true. I indeed wanna farm the reps instead of taking ages to get it to exalted with the medallions, which are pretty expensive on my server now to buy and take while to farm enough of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome, so i guess its like 10 rep per kill then? Thats perfectly fine, guess ill get it done asap. Thanks!
    Depends on the mob I think, but yeah some place between 10-50

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Depends on the mob I think, but yeah some place between 10-50
    That isnt too bad i think, thanks!

I haven't looked but now that WoD is in the Timewalking rotation I'm sure you could just spam some TW and token them all up to Exalted pretty easily.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornith View Post
    20% isn't particularly high given the rares spawn across the zone, 20-30 min apart from each other and chances are if one spawns at a different spot to the one you're camping, it'll die in seconds so you've no chance of reaching it in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    20% isn't particularly high given the rares spawn across the zone, 20-30 min apart from each other and chances are if one spawns at a different spot to the one you're camping, it'll die in seconds so you've no chance of reaching it in time.
    correct, it worked for me because of schedule. I had night shifts, so logged online at approx 4-5 am. Was relatively easier to farm those.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Just buy medallions of the Legion off the Auction House, that’s what I did back in WoD.

I had alot of fun during wod. legion broke the game and turned into grind fest.