View Poll Results: How smooth will launch go on a scale of 1-10?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll

5 6.41%

1 1.28%

2 2.56%

3 3.85%

5 6.41%

2 2.56%

10 12.82%

10 12.82%

10 12.82%

8 10.26%
  • I like turtles

22 28.21%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Dreadlord
    I took a break from WoW when BC hit so I can't attest to that launch but I find it hard pressed to it beating WoD. That was a total dumpster fire inside of a burning building.
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

Fucking around in the end of beta event vs playing live. I had a Battle for Nazjatar the other day where Alliance outnumbered Horde (still plenty of horde though) and with under 30 people on one capture point, it was so laggy that it was basically unplayable, well over 1s of lag between abilities.

Playing beta, I don't know, at least 120 people around, no ability lag at all. My FPS was suffering, but there was no ability delay.

Not sure what they are doing with live servers why they're so laggy with so few people, why the chat gets so laggy etc. especially since they don't get like that in BGs on live, but anyway - the classic servers seem to hold up way better to large groups of people.

I think the launch will go pretty well.

Smooth as molasses

Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    I took a break from WoW when BC hit so I can't attest to that launch but I find it hard pressed to it beating WoD. That was a total dumpster fire inside of a burning building.
    BC is my favorite expansion, but it had a very rough launch with all kinds of technical issues. Even some of the pre-launch patches caused so many problems that people were getting game time compensation from Blizzard. Although I guess to be fair, it was Blizzard's first time launching a WoW expansion. I'm pretty sure they learned a few lessons from that one. I don't recall anywhere near as many problems with Wrath's launch.

Although I actually wasn't there for WoD's launch (didn't start playing until a few days after launch), so I can't say how it compared to BC's launch.

Chunky Peanutbutter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

Launch will be smooth in my opinion. They have been doing stress tests for a reason.

Pandaren Monk
    well if you base it off the last 2 expansion launches, Legion and BfA, then it should be pretty smooth. I remember doing WoD launch and oh god that was awful can't remember any prior to that

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by City Pop View Post
    The streamer servers will probably be crashing, but the rest I think will be okay.
    thank god i am playing on Oceanic. No streamers afaik

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    BC is my favorite expansion, but it had a very rough launch with all kinds of technical issues. Even some of the pre-launch patches caused so many problems that people were getting game time compensation from Blizzard. Although I guess to be fair, it was Blizzard's first time launching a WoW expansion. I'm pretty sure they learned a few lessons from that one. I don't recall anywhere near as many problems with Wrath's launch.

Although I actually wasn't there for WoD's launch (didn't start playing until a few days after launch), so I can't say how it compared to BC's launch.
    Setting up the garrison was the main challenge. took ages to actually do it with everyone there. Little wonder why they introduced sharding and layering after that to keep server stress low.

It depends on how layered everything is. I briefly poked my head in during the stress test to see how crowded Northshire Valley was and it was impossible to do even the first few quests without a group, now it being the stress test I didn't care enough to try to complete it. But if that is the level of overcrowding that we can expect during the launch then I imagine its going to be pretty rough, not necessarily broken or crashy but I imagine a lot of people could get frustrated when Hogger is being camped by 10 groups. Will be interesting to see how the speed levelers pull ahead of the pack.
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.