FFXIV vs. Older Computer

Quick question for the player base. I have an older computer that I am surprised hasn't kicked yet. It was able to run WoW on medium/high settings without too much trouble. I am wondering how graphic intense is FFXIV comparatively?

From what I remember playing the base game and from the screenshots of the expansions it looks like the level of detail and effects could do some damage to a 5+ year old computer. I realize there are graphical settings that can be lowered (shadows, particle effects, etc.) but will that be enough and will running FFXIV at lower settings ruin the "epicness" of the zones/landscapes (Final Fantasy Minecraft)?

I do have a PS4 but my internet connection to the system is by Wifi and not hardwired from my router, so spotty and not exactly reliable enough for a MMO.

Thanks

What are the actual specs? 5+ year old computer doesn't really mean much since there's still some really good hardware from back in the day.

FFXIV on maximum settings actually runs much faster than WoW on Ultra.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

FF14 for me runs twice as well as WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    What are the actual specs? 5+ year old computer doesn't really mean much since there's still some really good hardware from back in the day.
    My specs:
    Intel® Core™ i5-3570K Processor (4x 3.40GHz/6MB L3 Cache)
    Memory 8 GB [4 GB X2] DDR3-1600
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti - 2GB
    Motherboard ASUS P8Z77-V LK

Good to hear about performance versus WoW. I thought FFXIV would be way more of a drain due to the amount of detail.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    My specs:
    Intel® Core™ i5-3570K Processor (4x 3.40GHz/6MB L3 Cache)
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti - 2GB
    Motherboard ASUS P8Z77-V LK

Good to hear about performance versus WoW. I thought FFXIV would be way more of a drain due to the amount of detail.
    Oh that'll run it just fine honestly.

Oh that'll run it just fine honestly.
    Excellent

FFXIV here I come

I have a 6 years old PC which is close to your specc.

Intel® Core™ i5-4570K Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2GB

My Benchmark score for Shadowbringer (latest expac) was 7k wich is considered "very high".
    I play 1080 and get 50ish FPS with some adjusted settings.
    My FPS only dips when I fight open world bosses when there are like 50+ players around me, but I guess everyone FPS will dip there.

I highly recommend to download their benchmark and run it on your PC.
    https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/benchmark/

Also they have a free trial where you can lvl all classes up to 35, so you are not loosing anything by giving it a try.

My PC from 2013 (high end back then) runs FF14 perfectly fine on Ultra Settings with a consistent 60+ fps... and that doubles if I remove that shadow filter whatsitsname that shadows around corners of the environment.

This is reassuring to hear. I just had an air conditioner scare and realized that I am almost due for some big home replacements/repairs on my 15 year old home (A/C, Refrigerator, Roof shingles) and didn't want to add a new computer to that list (even though a new computer would be the cheapest of the bunch to replace).

I'm not sure that they fixed it, but the servers had massive built indelay when realm reborn was rleased

I have any ivybridge i5 an 16 gig of ram....Will run any mmo just fine

Older than your rig. It has a 1080ti in it now but it ran ff14 reborn just fine with a 7950

Quote Originally Posted by Mukind View Post
    I'm not sure that they fixed it, but the servers had massive built indelay when realm reborn was rleased

I have any ivybridge i5 an 16 gig of ram....Will run any mmo just fine

Older than your rig. It has a 1080ti in it now but it ran ff14 reborn just fine with a 7950
    That 300ms delay has been cut down insanely, they even have almost instant mechanics now.

That 300ms delay has been cut down insanely, they even have almost instant mechanics now.
    haha that's good, i was so mad when reborn first launched i went and bought a monitor i blamed my old 1080p TV for the delay

Was so confused.

Was unplayable without knowledge of hte delay. Trying to play tight was a joke

'I SWEAR I MOVED OUT' was said so many time to my guildies. Then one admitted there was a giant delay ( i was a late comer relative to them knew them from another game). Quit on the spot lol i was so mad

There is a trial version. I would download that and test it out. You can play up to level 35 or so.