Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    You may be waiting for 8.3 or the 9.0 prepatch. No news on any of the potential choices (Vulpera, Mechagnome, etc). Blizz did say they would watch for player reaction to potential allied race options as a gauge for whether or not to go through with adding them, so if you’ve met a race you’re interested in make sure you make noise about it. I don’t know if we’ve had any “wow popular” races since the nightborne, though. Maybe the Sethrak? But they likely won’t ever be a thing cause helms.
    No Sethrek because of helmet is a crap exscuse. They could make them work if they wanted to or just make them have no visable helmet. It could just be like a mesh that lays over there hood or something. It is not that hard to come up with things that work. They could make the race work if they wanted to 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    As someone with all classes maxxed, i HATE Allied races from my very core. I do not wanna level "another" of anything to get the Heritage. I hated this feature as it launched in Legion and I hate it no less now, and hope it goes away forever.

That said, it won't... it's easy money and MAUs for Actiblizzard.
    You don't HAVE to level every new class. You force that uppon yourself.

Giving more options to players is always a good thing. The more allied races the better

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldfire989 View Post
    No Sethrek because of helmet is a crap exscuse. They could make them work if they wanted to or just make them have no visable helmet. It could just be like a mesh that lays over there hood or something. It is not that hard to come up with things that work. They could make the race work if they wanted to 100%
    Hey, I agree with you 100%, I’m never getting naga either because “legs.” I simply can’t see Blizz doing something even slightly non-conventional, it’s extra effort for no measurable profit increase. Unless they stick Naga or Sethrak in the cash shop I can’t see them being assed.

Hey, I agree with you 100%, I’m never getting naga either because “legs.” I simply can’t see Blizz doing something slightly non-conventional, it’s extra effort for no measurable profit increase. Unless they stick Naga or Sethrak in the cash shop I can’t see them being assed.
    People like to pretend the helmet is some insurmountable obstacle to sethrak being playable, but I imagine if tauren weren't already playable people would come up with the same excuse to knock them out of the running. I'm just skeptical that an armor slot we've been able to hide since vanilla is going to be the one thing to keep a race from being playable.

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto is stooopid View Post
    What are you saying here? That you are not the master of your own will, and that if another allied race is offered you will feel compelled beyond the limits of your ability to restrain your own actions, and you will be forced to level the new race even though you don’t want to and won’t enjoy it?
    ^ This.

If it is something that you think or feel will add to your enjoyment of the game, then do so or not. What other players do does not diminish my enjoyment of the game at all.

Maybe we'll get another four allied races near the end of BfA....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post
    People like to pretend the helmet is some insurmountable obstacle to sethrak being playable, but I imagine if tauren weren't already playable people would come up with the same excuse to knock them out of the running. I'm just skeptical that an armor slot we've been able to hide since vanilla is going to be the one thing to keep a race from being playable.
    It’s almost certainly the effort of tweaking the helm slot. Look at how clippy and low effort some of the AR already are. Unless it has a price tag on it, Blizz can’t be bothered.

I secretly hope for them anyway but my expectations are safely low.

I secretly hope for them anyway but my expectations are safely low.
    I'm with you there, and I'll keep hoping for them until Blizzcon rolls by and they're not announced, or until I see another worgen-based race show up somewhere with a reputation faction and a character model like vulpera. Still, I know better than to expect them or think they're a given addition, especially with the model work it'd require.

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto is stooopid View Post
    What are you saying here? That you are not the master of your own will, and that if another allied race is offered you will feel compelled beyond the limits of your ability to restrain your own actions, and you will be forced to level the new race even though you don’t want to and won’t enjoy it?
    No, exactly the opposite. I've levelled 0 allied races and feel no interest in doing so, it's a DOA feature (for me). I do unlock them for the free mounts though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    No, exactly the opposite. I've levelled 0 allied races and feel no interest in doing so, it's a DOA feature (for me). I do unlock them for the free mounts though.
    Aren't the Allied race mounts exclusive for that race?

Though i think that regardless, it still counts for the mounts archivement, right?

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesshin20 View Post
    As the altoholic I am, I can't get enough of these races. Its a good trick by Blizzard to make us hooked on them and I swollow the bait sideways. I make noe excuses about it.

Starting to get a bit paranoid about not getting any more of them.

Will there be more and how soon? And what? I need more damn it!
    If I was them I would keep some to release during the next xpack. If that's the case, they won't say much about that just now.

All people that are saying gilgoblins instead of vulpera are vulpera haters and probably wouldnt play gilgoblins if they had the chance

Vulpera are the most probable future allied race due to all the previous datamining, mechagnomes as their pair.

Ankoan and gilgiblins could also be the second pair, but i doubt gilgoblins and vulpera would be both released at the same time

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    i hope not, complete waste of developmental resources

I love them as much as you do, I just wish they had come must earlier in WoW's life cycle, like back in Warlords. That would have kept me more invested in actually leveling more characters, but by the end of Legion, I already had like one of each class leveled to max, with double paladin, druid and demon hunters to boot. So to even enjoy allied races I shelled out cash to race change some max levels. Sure as hell didn't want or need anymore double classes. I only have two druids because they can execute like four roles, and paladins 3, so even having two pallies or druids is fun, but for classes that can do two roles like shamans, warriors, dk's, I don't need two of them. This is why I'm hoping they add fourth specs to classes come next expansion, that might encourage me to level two of each remaining class, and they'll be allied races.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    Ankoan and gilgiblins could also be the second pair, but i doubt gilgoblins and vulpera would be both released at the same time
    If Ankoan ever become a thing, i hope they come with the Jinyu

As the altoholic I am, I can't get enough of these races. Its a good trick by Blizzard to make us hooked on them and I swollow the bait sideways. I make noe excuses about it.

Starting to get a bit paranoid about not getting any more of them.

Will there be more and how soon? And what? I need more damn it!
    Yes, we will, during Blizzcon what next panel, they mentioned no new allied races until 8.2.5. The .5 patches have been pretty heavy with story so expect them then. Also, there are only 3 races currently that have no allied counter on either faction. Undead/Goblins/Pandaren, Worgen/Gnomes/Pandaren, and since this is a feature of the expansion, you can expect them to be added.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    All people that are saying gilgoblins instead of vulpera are vulpera haters and probably wouldnt play gilgoblins if they had the chance

Vulpera are the most probable future allied race due to all the previous datamining, mechagnomes as their pair.

Yea I can't honestly fathom how people think Gilgoblins would be chosen over Vulpera, I know at least a dozen people that would race change to vulpera on the spot, but no one *really* wants to be a goblin that swims good

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Aren't the Allied race mounts exclusive for that race?

Though i think that regardless, it still counts for the mounts archivement, right?
    The allied race mounts are useable by any race once unlocked.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be surprised if we didn't get a new pair of AR in 8.2.5. Following that, there will hopefully be at least one more pair for either an 8.3.5 or 9.0. Who knows if we'll keep getting more next expansion though.

I'd also just like to say that while I'm very excited to roll a Vulperan, I've also wanted to play as a Gilgoblin since Cata. Even more now that they have better models.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I strong believe we will get lightforged undead for Alliance and the Nathanos style forsake for Horde towards the end of BFA
    So 3 playable undead races in-game?

Ugh.

Last time I tried to find an old thread about a subject I was yelled at for resurrecting an old thread.
    You are supposed to just read the other threads, not add more comments to it.

What the other poster meant was "All the awnsers you need on this subject can already be found in other threads"

Quote Originally Posted by saintminya View Post
    I'd be surprised if we didn't get a new pair of AR in 8.2.5. Following that, there will hopefully be at least one more pair for either an 8.3.5 or 9.0. Who knows if we'll keep getting more next expansion though.

I'd also just like to say that while I'm very excited to roll a Vulperan, I've also wanted to play as a Gilgoblin since Cata. Even more now that they have better models.
    I heard allied races was going to be a BfA feature that wouldn't really continue into the next expansion. I mean yeah, we got a couple in Legion, but that was under condition of pre-purchasing BfA to lock people down. They might save a couple for 9.0 to lock people down with another pre-purchase, but after that I think allied races will be done and they'll focus on whatever new toy the next expansion features (new class skins and/or new class, Tinker.)