Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Will we get more allied races?

As the altoholic I am, I can't get enough of these races. Its a good trick by Blizzard to make us hooked on them and I swollow the bait sideways. I make noe excuses about it.

Starting to get a bit paranoid about not getting any more of them.

Will there be more and how soon? And what? I need more damn it!

I think most players know just about as much as you do on this topic.

It is likely we will, I believe.

I think it's a safe assumption if it was going to be a one time deal we'd have had the legion ones and it would have ended in legion.

We'll probably get a couple per expac that tie directly into game events, for example pre expansion patches etc.

I'd wager the reason we aren't getting more and more frequently is simply because of the character limit per server and account. Say if we got landed with the option of unlocking say 20 in one expac they'd be forced to increase that character limit. As they've said in the past it's doable but it's not easy. I believe the example was imagine a plane, you have x number of seats you can't just add another row of seats because of the limited space

10+ Year Old Account
    You may be waiting for 8.3 or the 9.0 prepatch. No news on any of the potential choices (Vulpera, Mechagnome, etc). Blizz did say they would watch for player reaction to potential allied race options as a gauge for whether or not to go through with adding them, so if you’ve met a race you’re interested in make sure you make noise about it. I don’t know if we’ve had any “wow popular” races since the nightborne, though. Maybe the Sethrak? But they likely won’t ever be a thing cause helms.

I'm always for more character options in games, so that'd be cool with me.
    Most likely yes, we will.

And my bet? Mecha-Gnomes and a new class, Tinkerer.

I'm not one of those people who've made / participated in any of those threads asking for a Tinker and while I'd welcome more class options too, it doesn't really matter to me but looking at Mechagon, I can't help but see that as a strong clue.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Medcha-gnomes for Alli, Gilblins/Gilgoblins/whatever they are called, for the Horde.
    They are the reps we are currently on, just like LFGoats and Velfs were on Argus.
    Vulpera *could* be the Horde choice instead, but my money would be the Naz gobs first due to their current implementations.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be VERY surprised if we don't.

As someone with all classes maxxed, i HATE Allied races from my very core. I do not wanna level "another" of anything to get the Heritage. I hated this feature as it launched in Legion and I hate it no less now, and hope it goes away forever.

That said, it won't... it's easy money and MAUs for Actiblizzard.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I think if we'll get more during BfA, we will find out in few weeks with 8.2.5 PTR. Otherwise I would expect more rather for 9.0 pre-order.

But currently I believe we will get Mechagnomes/Vulpera in 8.2.5, 'Undead'/'Worgen' AR in 8.3.5, maybe neutral Tortollan as 'Pandaren' AR (but it's highly unlikely) near BfA finish and 9.0 will focus on classes again (either with new one or class skins).

I'm expecting more allied races, and I also expect them to release them near the end of the expac so that it will give people things to do while waiting for 9.0.

Allllllll I care about is Broken draenei, please.

Do we need yet ANOTHER thread on this, the other 30 weren't enough? This has been flogged to death

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    As someone with all classes maxxed, i HATE Allied races from my very core. I do not wanna level "another" of anything to get the Heritage. I hated this feature as it launched in Legion and I hate it no less now, and hope it goes away forever.

That said, it won't... it's easy money and MAUs for Actiblizzard.
    What are you saying here? That you are not the master of your own will, and that if another allied race is offered you will feel compelled beyond the limits of your ability to restrain your own actions, and you will be forced to level the new race even though you don’t want to and won’t enjoy it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sosua View Post
    Do we need yet ANOTHER thread on this, the other 30 weren't enough? This has been flogged to death
    Last time I tried to find an old thread about a subject I was yelled at for resurrecting an old thread.

Allied races are probably going to be another hook for the next expansions pre-order, it seemed to do well with the void elves. I’d be very surprised if we will see new allied races for this expansion.

Personally I’d much rather see standard races come back like the ones TBC and Cata gave. Preferably with their own capital aswell.

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    I think they are going to slow down with the release of them after BFA and probably get 1 for each faction with every expansion.

That said, I think we'll at least get 1 more for Horde and Alliance at the end of BFA just because they've probably had it planned for a long time. Vulpera, Sethrak, Tortollan, Mechagnome, Lightforged Undead and Ankoan. 6 really great options there to choose from. Maybe they'll just do Tortollan for both like Pandaren so they only have to do one. But I think we'll at least get something new in the next patch.
    Last edited by CreatureLives; 2019-07-12 at 08:22 PM.

They alread said more allied race are coming during BFA. We just don't know when.

8.2.5 for Mechagnome & Gilgoblin is my best though

I hope they're a regular thing from here on out, honestly. They're by far the most exciting part of WoW for me, even with how terrible the unlock requirements are for some of them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Being that allied races are --mostly-- just re-skins of current in-game models, AND that they are a major feature of BfA and the game going forward, Blizzard sure as hell better.

It's an decently interesting concept and if they give us more options it could only be received well.

I would hope for at least 4 more allied races per faction.

Will we get more allied races ever ? Definitely.

Will we get more allied races this xpac ? It's not unlikely.