Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Azshara ending cinematic

https://clips.twitch.tv/ColdPlacidTu...vj8O1O5NlrI6I0

well.. n'zoth prolly going to be last boss or we will see queen azshara again ??

Eternal Palace Finale

It turns out we were over-thinking it by expecting any story to occur at all.

Quote Originally Posted by thesmall001 View Post
    How many times did this happen already?

What are you on about? It's exactly what we expected. N'Zoth is freed, Azshara survives, next patch will be the actual one that brings the lore forward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kill off two of the last big bads in the Warcraft universe in a 8.x patch? why, of course. Kiljaden would love some more company.
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

Quote Originally Posted by Unforgivenn View Post
    https://clips.twitch.tv/ColdPlacidTu...vj8O1O5NlrI6I0

well.. n'zoth prolly going to be last boss or we will see queen azshara again ??
    Azshara will be the 2nd to last boss or juiced up final boss, depending on if Blizzard wants to waste N'Zoth this expansion or drag it out (a more conistent enemy in the back would probably not be a bad thing..)

really, for a ranger, Lorthemar really like bigass swords

Haven't kept up with the speculation but it's exactly what I expected to happen. /shrug

It almost feels like they were forced to make this a cinematic because it's an Old God being freed rather than wanting to actually make any kind of narrative or creative statement, which all the other cinematics do.

Lacked any kind of suspense or reveal or...anything. The most obvious thing happened, N'zoth was freed, and then it ended. I guess the most shocking thing was Azshara survived, but most of us thought that would happen anyway.

BfA is turning out to be huge on the yikes-o-meter.

Really, this is garbage
    nonsense and explains nothing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    What are you on about? It's exactly what we expected. N'Zoth is freed, Azshara survives, next patch will be the actual one that brings the lore forward.
    Azshara as pre-lude boss to final boss N'Zoth? Makes sense tbh.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    "The ending cinematic will show you who the final boss is."

*The ending cinematic not only didn't show you the final boss, but also added another name to the potential final boss pool: Azshara.*

Good job, Ion. Really nailed that PR moment.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

"At the hour of her third death, she ushers in our coming."

I guess this is Azshara then. First death when she was turned into a Naga. Second death is this one where she gets revived by N'Zoth. Final death is when she dies in the N'Zoth raid and ushers in the return of the Void Lords, I guess?
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by thesmall001 View Post
    You mean except for the whole releasing an Old God upon the world now that is likely going to start freeing the others?

Yeah no story at all........... /s

It's too bad Blizzard used more smoke for him. But I didn't expect to get to actually see him. Blizzard tends to only make models for things when they absolutely have to. Like Sargeras going unseen till the very last moment in Legion. We'll have to face N'Zoth in a raid someday. So we'll probably not get to see his face until that time comes.

I'm disappointed that Jaina and Lor'themar were but witnesses in this, and didn't at least -try- to fight.

I'm more positively surprised by N'Zoth honoring his bargain to Azshara and rescuing his queen from death itself. His words are ominous, but not exactly monstrous either.

10+ Year Old Account
    No lie. As hype as I am, I’m also disappointed. So little yet so much came out of that cinematic. It was a straight up tease.
    Classes/Specs: Retribution Paladin, Outlaw Rogue, Frost Mage, Destruction Warlock.

Vanilla veteran of both factions since '04. Former high end player, now casually playing simply to keep up with the lore.

Can't wait for Taliesin to defend this as a cinematic masterpiece and lambaste everyone who expected something more just because "they only promised it would reveal the final boss, and that's N'Zoth! Lower your expectations next time!"

Time to place a phone call to the Pantheon to come in and jail N'Zoth again. Yawn.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

The only disappointment is the fact that we've been expecting this exact outcome for like 8 months. If we didn't have any prior knowledge of this exact thing happening, like we had no idea Argus would show up above Azeroth in 7.2 after KJ, no one would mind the cinematic one bit cos they'd be losing their minds.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    Can't wait for Taliesin to defend this as a cinematic masterpiece and lambaste everyone who expected something more just because "they only promised it would reveal the final boss, and that's N'Zoth! Lower your expectations next time!"
    *8.3 is announced and it's N'Zoth*

"See! We told the truth! It showed you N'Zoth!"

I can see Ion saying that right now in a Q&A. Despite the fact it didn't actually prove it was N'Zoth and that's just a "hindsight is 20/20" argument.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)