Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Same boring shit but with more health and damage...
    Same here man. Looked pretty lack lustre from the beta version of bfa and it was fun maybe first or 2nd time and than boring as fuck afterwards. What’s the saying paint a turd gold but it’s still a turd.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikazukinoyaiba View Post
    Warfront is garbage by design, its a waste of development time, they should just mail you the gear everytime its up and call it a day, maybe add 20 minute channel time to grab the loot so they still get the MAU (or whatever it is participation metric they use) for their shareholder
    They should do the same for raids, cause I think those are waste of development time. I'll gladly give them their MAU if they focused all efforts spent on raids on other areas of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've done it three times. Each time we had Rokhan attack the base after we took the LM, First time Rokhan only attacked us like that once and then it was just a slightly longer version of a normal Warfront. Second time he attacked us after LM and then immediately again with full health and killed our commander instantly. Third time he attacked us again after we took the mine and VP and he wouldn't run away so we ended up killing him and winning the Warfront without needing to actually attack his base. It pretty much just takes longer to do because of having to deal with Rokhan and the elite squads dealing a little more damage and Bat Rider squads becoming instant kill groups but it's not more engaging and can be argued to be a little more boring even due to how long it takes to get Rokhan to 70% at the start and needing everyone on him.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

warfronts r designed for story flavor, not for challenge. i also liked the (increased) communication and teamplay in the premades, feels like pl r having fun.

Did it yesterday and I'm glad we had a good leader,who knew what to do. If not for him,I think we would actually lose. Either the rest of you did this with a guild group or you haven't done it at all,cause without a proper coordination and leading,this warfront is a real challenge for a typical pug,where most of people like to slack or to ignore basic tactics (usually both).

It's still very much bugged (i hope).

But yeah, it's horrible design in the 1st place. Instead of actually adding anything of value (not the boring mobs they did) they just buffed mobs and made the opposing boss suicidal.

Quote Originally Posted by Felixon View Post
    Did it yesterday and I'm glad we had a good leader,who knew what to do. If not for him,I think we would actually lose. Either the rest of you did this with a guild group or you haven't done it at all,cause without a proper coordination and leading,this warfront is a real challenge for a typical pug,where most of people like to slack or to ignore basic tactics (usually both).
    I've done it with a pug first, then with the guild.

In the current state you can quite easily pug it, with the entire tactics being:
    1) take back keep
    2) take LM and GM
    3) push Rokhan back
    4) kill Rokhan during his 2nd assault at the 1st base
    Last edited by Zmagoslav; 2019-07-15 at 05:15 AM.

Warfront wasnt bad at the beginning, just that it was an afk-faceroll. Now with the hero version, its kinds fun

Yesterday I did it when it worked like it should, and all I am thinking is why didn't blizz make them like this from the start. This is how the warfronts should be. It's not hard, but it requires people to participate, and that is how it should be. What I miss is some kind of MVP, like in WC3. The player(s) that participate the most, be it getting resources, damage, healing, activity and stuff would get some extra reward, ap, gear or something purely cosmetic. I think that would make more people do them, and it would make it a lot more interesting.

But Heroic Warfront, thumbs up. Make heroic Darkshore already!

PS: Get troops. OP AF

10+ Year Old Account
    Once the enemy leader attack is repelled, it's easy.
    It mostly comes down to the tanks moving around to the correct locations.

But seriously now, the way they have made the first attack is ridiculous.
    I'm not talking about the difficulty, that's fine.. But the choreography/mechanics.

The enemy commander's damage is insane, but if you cycle-taunt from tank to tank, it is fine.
    Now that's a nice way to make things more difficult.

But then he also... randomly drops aggro, and literally warps around at mach-5 one-shotting the damage dealers.
    Cant be taunted, and there is no way to keep the person alive, except with some lucky BoP-and-such.

Still, it's not hard, people can just keep rezzing and going back until he is repelled.
    So you see, i'm not talking about the difficulty, but the mechanic, which is ridiculous.

I agree that the first Rokhan attack was tough, then the people just have to build the structures ASAP, defend/attack as a group and it was won.
    Last edited by Nebster; 2019-07-15 at 12:11 PM. Reason: typo

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    It felt slightly better now that the enemy boss actually does something.

Difficulty can’t make Warfronts fun, they’re flawed to their very core and a complete waste of resources on Blizzard’s part.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2019-07-15 at 12:14 PM.

Did it twice. Bugged twice. Still no idea what most of it is like because I've spent an hour this week just killing Rokhan.

I have no idea why Blizzard is investing resources in something so bad, seriously. It took probably a big amount of time and it sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Same boring shit but with more health and damage...
    Quoted for truth.

5+ Year Old Account
    They were fun during the initial attack, and the enemy commander can be quite scary. The rest is the same snoozefest as normal WFs.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I have no idea why Blizzard is investing resources in something so bad, seriously. It took probably a big amount of time and it sucks.
    For the same reason as Garrison in WoD. They tried, it didnt work out, but plans were set and work started long ago so they have to carry it until the end of expansion. Totally agree with you tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodia View Post
    It is bugged to the oblivion ... Shame that they can release something in this state...
    Nevermind that, and the general attitude towards what players receive... Just keep paying your sub and everything will be fine!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    One thing that would have worked easily is small AP rewards for different activities all over the Warfront. It would make them an alternative to islands as repeatable content to get AP.
    Yeah. Get wood, get 50 AP. Deliver 10% of the resources for one building, get 50 ap etc. Just making up the numbers here, but it would work.

10+ Year Old Account
    The first attack sets it up as difficult but after they retreat it's basically the same thing as normal.

Blizzard's idea of making things difficult now is adding more health and making it take more time, which is a shame. With decent gear you can rampage through the entire thing without dealing with resources.

I managed to take an entire capture point by myself as a 420 balance druid.

Quote Originally Posted by Chemii View Post
    TWith decent gear you can basically rampage through the entire thing without dealing with resources.
    Would be nice to get that door open so it could be finished though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Would be nice to get that door open so it could be finished though.
    For sure but I'm saying this idea that it's more like an RTS game is just a fallacy. You can ignore all the mechanics if you group together and don't splinter.