Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    One thing that would have worked easily is small AP rewards for different activities all over the Warfront. It would make them an alternative to islands as repeatable content to get AP.
    Yeah. Get wood, get 50 AP. Deliver 10% of the resources for one building, get 50 ap etc. Just making up the numbers here, but it would work.
    Zandalari theme ftw! PURE GOLD!

    Horde bad, smash, monkey! Who is a good monkey? You are!

  2. #42
    Bloodsail Admiral Chemii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    1,069
    The first attack sets it up as difficult but after they retreat it's basically the same thing as normal.

    Blizzard's idea of making things difficult now is adding more health and making it take more time, which is a shame. With decent gear you can rampage through the entire thing without dealing with resources.

    I managed to take an entire capture point by myself as a 420 balance druid.

  3. #43
    The Patient qil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    222
    I still like idea of Warfronts. I don't like bugs. Instead of them they should add more things from raids. Rokhan (or other boss) should attack more often and not only in our castle. We should be able to recruit gryphons and have fights in the air for now. That Warfront which is now is ok for Beta not for 8.2...
    Already they plot against us.
    Seize this moment, Varian.
    Dismantle the Horde!

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemii View Post
    TWith decent gear you can basically rampage through the entire thing without dealing with resources.
    Would be nice to get that door open so it could be finished though.
    Zandalari theme ftw! PURE GOLD!

    Horde bad, smash, monkey! Who is a good monkey? You are!

  5. #45
    Bloodsail Admiral Chemii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    1,069
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Would be nice to get that door open so it could be finished though.
    For sure but I'm saying this idea that it's more like an RTS game is just a fallacy. You can ignore all the mechanics if you group together and don't splinter.

  6. #46
    It seems the warfront is suffering from a few bugs, but its a similar situation to LFR and Normal. Why do you need both? Regular warfront is basically LFR level, Heroic one is more or less Normal mode - why not just keep the Heroic one, which actually feels much more realistic?

    A few changes I would make:

    - Enemy hero should attack twice not once
    - Enemy hero should be accompanied by a big army
    - Enemy should be able to capture the rares/bases and use them against the players
    - I like the flanking by some of the enemy squads, but they should be made more powerful
    - Much higher movement for enemy forces, they feel like they are dragging
    - Outside of armor/weapons upgrades, it feels the enemy base isnt developing
    - Massive buff to hp for enemy units
    - Make Turalyon also attack 2 times but not down mid, instead the side bases, will give the warfront a bit more structure

    Generally, my feeling is that its Rokhan vs 30 heroes + Turalyon. Player characters are just too strong, should offset this by at least much higher hp on units.

  7. #47
    For me heroic warfronts added nothing new. They are still ridiculous easy. The only difference to normal is that they take a little longer. Warfronts are still just bad boring content.

    Blizzard should just focus on what they are good at.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemii View Post
    For sure but I'm saying this idea that it's more like an RTS game is just a fallacy. You can ignore all the mechanics if you group together and don't splinter.
    Yeah, I am just messing with you^^

    It's a step into the right direction, Rokhan coming more out and to more different bases would make it better.
    Zandalari theme ftw! PURE GOLD!

    Horde bad, smash, monkey! Who is a good monkey? You are!

  9. #49
    Bloodsail Admiral Chemii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    1,069
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Yeah, I am just messing with you^^

    It's a step into the right direction, Rokhan coming more out and to more different bases would make it better.
    Definitely, it's strange actually because the first attack I thought "wow this is actually kind of intense" and I won't lie a brief glimmer of enjoyment came out of it.

    Warfronts that aren't PvP just seem ridiculous to me anyway.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemii View Post
    Definitely, it's strange actually because the first attack I thought "wow this is actually kind of intense" and I won't lie a brief glimmer of enjoyment came out of it.
    WTF are there players who like challenge in WoW?! You must be a new type of subscriber, because Blizzard sure as hell don't count you as audience!
    /s

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemii View Post
    Definitely, it's strange actually because the first attack I thought "wow this is actually kind of intense" and I won't lie a brief glimmer of enjoyment came out of it.

    Warfronts that aren't PvP just seem ridiculous to me anyway.
    Yeah, it was more exciting. And also annoying since 9 of 10 people don't move out with the hex-debuff so I had to run out instead! :>

    And then it got a bit slower. If we could keep the momentum up after the first attack, like if he did more, maybe lesser attacks on different bases it could be a bit more fun. Truth is, this is how the Warfronts should have been like from the start. Definitely more to it now, and guildies had the same experience as well.
    Zandalari theme ftw! PURE GOLD!

    Horde bad, smash, monkey! Who is a good monkey? You are!

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemii View Post
    The first attack sets it up as difficult but after they retreat it's basically the same thing as normal.

    Blizzard's idea of making things difficult now is adding more health and making it take more time, which is a shame. With decent gear you can rampage through the entire thing without dealing with resources.

    I managed to take an entire capture point by myself as a 420 balance druid.
    I mean I'll disagree that it is just health and damage because it isn't. Rokhan was damn annoying and killed several people in our PuG. If his damage was tuned tighter he could have easily wiped us or forced people to actually kill the totems. And there were several new units with unique mechanics as well. They just did not hit hard enough to matter.

    The issue is tuning, not mechanics. Force the damage high enough and you affect everything else as well. You'd soon see groups forced to also recruit healer followers to be able to deal with incoming damage which means less knight followers and longer encounters. Tuning can change everything.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemii View Post
    The first attack sets it up as difficult but after they retreat it's basically the same thing as normal.

    Blizzard's idea of making things difficult now is adding more health and making it take more time, which is a shame. With decent gear you can rampage through the entire thing without dealing with resources.

    I managed to take an entire capture point by myself as a 420 balance druid.
    i guess i was not wrong in my predictions - its almost imposible to tune it correcly with 40% bonus from shrine , units with crazy high aoe atack and your personal burst. add to this aoe burst essence and .... how can it be hard ?

    wont complain its a free 430 item every 3rd week so me like it.

  14. #54
    Bloodsail Admiral Chemii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    1,069
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean I'll disagree that it is just health and damage because it isn't. Rokhan was damn annoying and killed several people in our PuG. If his damage was tuned tighter he could have easily wiped us or forced people to actually kill the totems. And there were several new units with unique mechanics as well. They just did not hit hard enough to matter.

    The issue is tuning, not mechanics. Force the damage high enough and you affect everything else as well. You'd soon see groups forced to also recruit healer followers to be able to deal with incoming damage which means less knight followers and longer encounters. Tuning can change everything.
    This might be accurate but because normal is so steamroll I just assumed those mechanics exist but are never seen, it really didn't feel different to me at all whether you say it is or not, I was part of a pug with three guildies not on coms and barely anyone said anything outside of the first 5 minutes where Rokan managed to kill some players with his fire totem AoE, a difficult part that I acknowledged but truth be told that first attack simply surprised the majority of the group - once everyone was up and alert it was same old same old.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemii View Post
    This might be accurate but because normal is so steamroll I just assumed those mechanics exist but are never seen, it really didn't feel different to me at all whether you say it is or not, I was part of a pug with three guildies not on coms and barely anyone said anything outside of the first 5 minutes where Rokan managed to kill some players with his fire totem AoE, a difficult part that I acknowledged but truth be told that first attack simply surprised the majority of the group - once everyone was up and alert it was same old same old.
    Honestly the main issue with the surprise attack was Turalyon. Ret paladins should stop taunting and let the real tanks handle things. It took three healers spamming for quite a while to get him back to full after Rokhan bubblehearthed.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Same boring shit but with more health and damage...
    QFT

    This is what passes for content in Retail. Same old thing with some minor tweaking.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    For me heroic warfronts added nothing new. They are still ridiculous easy. The only difference to normal is that they take a little longer. Warfronts are still just bad boring content.

    Blizzard should just focus on what they are good at.
    This. I went into a raid that was crap and we lost, joined a better one, I tanked it this time and I didnt see any real problems.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO
    NZXT H440 - Asus Z97 A Mobo - Corsair RM 850 - Intel I5 4590 CPU - Evo TX3 Cooler Master - Asus 970 Strix - 250GB SSD 850 Evo - Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD - Windows 10

  18. #58
    after trying one last night i think they are tuned more or less correckly - for 400 itlv . sadly due to bug rokhan teleported to fast which made it into 10 minutes of snoozefest because people didnt have enough resources to buy 40% shrine buffs and recruits adds/upgrade adds so it took forever to take him down due to low dps -_-

    im sure group filled with 420+ geared people woudl blast through it .

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •