Post Which Spec for which content?

Hi guys,

I recently came back to the game, (mainly to unlock flying) but I've been enjoying playing my DK again.

Question I have is, which spec is best for which content? M+, Arena, Bgs, world content? I have no preference in enjoyment for any specs, I enjoy them all equally (although BoS less so....)

I've mainly just been running around as unholy currently for all game modes, and have some average gear (cant post link by character is Caedal on Draenor EU). AOE damage seems fine, if a little clunky to set up, but single target feels a bit lackluster.

Also slightly off topic, does anyone know any PVP communities in game? I want to start doing more RBGs and Arenas but cant seem to find a guild on Draenor to join, and havent got any ratings to get accepted to pugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bexlyn View Post
    Hi guys,

I recently came back to the game, (mainly to unlock flying) but I've been enjoying playing my DK again.

Question I have is, which spec is best for which content? M+, Arena, Bgs, world content? I have no preference in enjoyment for any specs, I enjoy them all equally (although BoS less so....)

I've mainly just been running around as unholy currently for all game modes, and have some average gear (cant post link by character is Caedal on Draenor EU). AOE damage seems fine, if a little clunky to set up, but single target feels a bit lackluster.

Also slightly off topic, does anyone know any PVP communities in game? I want to start doing more RBGs and Arenas but cant seem to find a guild on Draenor to join, and havent got any ratings to get accepted to pugs.
    IMO Frost for open world/world quests, Unholy for everything else. Frost burst for the low health mobs in open world with no build up seems quicker to me. The longer fights and larger AOE packs though I favor Unholy.

If you don't enjoy BoS rather run Unholy. Blizzard reworked Frost quite a bit for 8.2 and Breath duration and resource management are a lot better than before but BoS remains king in the last talent row afaik.

Since you don't raid you should be fine with UH in most situations. If you plan to raid flexibility would be good as some encounters favor one specc, some the other.

I don't pvp when I can avoid it but from what I experienced Unholy is also better in BGs (it was for me at least).

Unholy is the best PvP spec.

Unholy can kill tanks and healers solo - quite a feat in PvP
    Unholy can 1v1 virtually every DPS spec in the game
    Unholy is top tier in 2v2 ladder
    Unholy is a recognized spec in 3v3 world tournaments
    Unholy offers great utility in RBGs

Frost and Blood also have niche roles in RBGs and dueling, but are overall weaker versions of Unholy in those environments + don't hold a candle to UHDK in 2v2/3v3 ladder.

Frost is the superior PvE spec, both raid and open world/questing. Holds its own in wPvP & has the rare better matchup than UHDK.

Blood is big in M+, especially when Control Undead comes into play. Also a solid raid tank, and RBG flag runner / node defender.
    It belongs to the imperfection of everything human that man can only attain his desire by passing through its opposite. - Soren Kierkegaard

15+ Year Old Account
    Unholy is becoming preferred for Palace. Not a whole lot of add stuff for breath, there's large amounts of intermittent movement and then there's council/helter skelter fights, which Frost blows at. You have to know these skelter phases perfectly or you risk blowing CDs right before the boss decides to move platform, take 90% less dmg, phase out, etc, etc.
    Unholy has a commanding consistent damage, especially if you run Crucible. You're consistent even at range, if you run CS and you can multi dot on council fights.

Bottom line if you cant sit on boss and tunnel like a mofo, go unholy.